School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

America's Finest Charter School has been growing a lot since 2011. Our director tried so hard to motivate staff and students since the school opened till present. We moved to new location with more secured and safe for our students. Our test scores are improving. We are proud as a top honor school have great performance on California's new Common Core-aligned standardized test. You could find us on KPBS news. It is a great school for all students who would like to achieve American Dream. Parents, students, community members are always welcomed to visit.
February 09, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 09, 2016

America's Finest Charter School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 14, 2015
Unfortunately the issues that come from this school all start with the president/ principal, Jan Perry. This principal is never actually here at the school. There has been numerous times i have come to the school to speak with her specifically, however, she is never in attendance. There are numerous security issues with this school. You would think that with the recent events you would think that the security of your kids would be at top priority. The teachers and the other faculty are great, however, they are left alone to run a school on their own with no guidance. Its appalling to me that this principal treats this school like a business rather than a school. These are our kids future in this persons hands and she doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a good leader. Find another school because you will be disappointed or worse, something will happen to your kid when there is no-one to get a hold of.

America's Finest Charter School 1

Posted September 14, 2015
They moved to their new location and there is no security for children. First day of school I didn't know where my child was and neither the staff. I guess kids just go into random classes for the so called after school program. I don't even think the after school teachers have a roster. I picked up my child and no one asked me who I was or ID. I have never seen a school were they don't know what class your child is in. I'm transferring my child to another school. I don't think it's safe. A news team should go and check out the school. Interview more parents. I overheard a parent saying that they had found their kids outside the school when he went to pick up.

Posted June 03, 2015
Americas Finest Charter School derserve a ***** rating. I really like the Math Whizz program where each student has an account that keep clear track of the student progress. This program is designed in a manner that motivates and engages the student. The program shows the parent, and the teacher where the student currently stands, and areas that need improvement. Through emphasize of Math Whizz program the teachers has managed to engage the student into a continous competitive study style. To the director, teachers, staffs and students; keep up the great team work.

Posted June 02, 2015
America's Finest Charter School has earned my FIVE STAR Rating!!! I am extremely impressed by my daughters academic progress since I enrolled her in K-Grade. Through the support of her K-grade teachers, my daughter have greatly improved her reading and mathematical skills to that of an advanced 1st grade student. The staffs are professional, always willing to help and they teach with a passion. The director has excellent leadership that has gradually melted students, parents and staffs from diverse cultural background into one huge family. I highly recommend America's Finest Charter School.

America's Finest Charter School 2

Posted May 31, 2015
I put my son in this school after the program to get him to his previous school was cut. I should have sucked it up and paid for the private school. This has been his worst school year ever. His teacher loves to assign them homework, but sends them home with no instructions on how to do the math problems. Which of course is this common core nonsense. He was expected to stay an hour after school all because he was 5 minutes short of getting 60 minutes in on this online math tutoring. His teacher had the nerve to tell me she is "flexible" but then admits that when I child was out of town. She did not excuse her for not meeting the 60 minute requirement. All that woman worries about is the students completing 60 mintues a week in mathwhizz. I have no respect for her or that administration. She actually told her class if they don't do good on the test, it makes her look bad. They have a so-called Lego club that my son goes to on Thursdays, which are there half days. No adult oversees this club, it is just the kids sitting around talking while putting together their own sets. That is not a club. When it comes to using the computer lab after school, there is no waitlist. They choose who they will allow to use the computers, and I only saw the first graders using them. They are going into a new facility next year, and if the kids are to be bused back home. They are going to make them stay and participate int he afterschool programs because they are not dropping them off until 5:45pm. If you go to their website, they have a picture of their accredidation certificate on it. It says they were only renewed till next year. If you want another example about how they worry more about testing then student well being. Last Friday my son was at home sick with a fever. I called in and informed the school he wouldn't be in. The first thing out of the woman's mouth who answered the phone was, "Make sure he is better because he has testing on June 2." My child's health is more important than their testing.

Posted May 27, 2015
America's Finest Charter Schools.It's the greatest Charter School in San Diego. Is the best decision I have made on regard of my kids education.My two children have made a amazing progress on reading, math and science. They have wonderful teachers the really care about students education.The teachers are always welling to help on any way to any student an need.The school principal is always there to help, and support students and parents as well. The greatest after school progras like, Karate, Guitar,Piano,Baile Folkloric and hip-hop as well. All that and more really makes a amezing ,and great difference on a child education and achievement. I'm really happy and proud for my kids to attend to best charter school in San Diego. As a parent I highly recommend the school.

Posted March 07, 2015
We are so pleased that Americas Finest Charter School received a 5 year renewal with the school district. We are WASC accredited, have a rigorous curriculum and top notch staff. All students can participate in our free after school program. Go to Americas Finest Charter Schools Face Book page to see many of our fun events.

Posted October 17, 2014
a pleasant environment, with friendly, welcoming staff, enthusiastic teachers & a diverse family of students. arts, music & lots of positive interaction, kids are exposed to different aspects of culture, as well and art :)

America's Finest Charter School 1

Posted February 25, 2014
AFCS- How do the 8th graders get taught?? Without a 8th grade teacher? Should we just say we made the correct decision by pulling our child out of your nightmare. Can't understand how or why the State of California continues to support a school who has NEVER met you goal on testing. There's never been a working relationship between parents and the director of this school. She is unwilling to play nice with others. She is the perfect example of adults bulling children. If you have any doubts about this call any of the sounding schools, you will be met with laughter.

America's Finest Charter School
730 45th Street, San Diego, CA  92102
Last modified America's Finest Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
America's Finest Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top