Posted August 12, 2013
I absolutely adore this school! The students, parents, and staff are all very kind and caring. There are so many happy children here. The school environment is really quite amazing. If I were sending my child to school on the penninsula, I would definitely pick Finney! Regarding the negative comment about the teacher from 2011: She was in the process of "finding a new career," and is no longer around. It was a tough year for those kids, but the principal Olivia Amador did EVERYTHING she could do to help. She taught the 6th graders herself for most of the day.

Posted June 29, 2011
I really like Finney my daughter just got to be there for kinder but we had to move. The teachers and staff were very involved as well as the parents and being able to work in that atmosphere was great!

Finney (Myrtle S.) Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2011
I've had a bad experience with the principal Mrs. Amador at Finney Elementary, we just move this year to the area around Finney Elementary and my daughther started the 6th grade in that school, in a class with 5th and 6th graders, with Mrs. Angleton, who is missing a lot school/teaching days, that class has had at least more than 5 substitute teachers, and the principal has not done anything on her part. It's the same problem everytime, I sent a report to the distric, but I am really frustated because they told me they can't do anything about it. Which is the same thing the school pincipal told me. Mrs. Amador said they were working with that group, where are our taxes, we are the real teachers??

Finney (Myrtle S.) Elementary School 4

Posted July 14, 2009

Posted July 07, 2009

Posted April 23, 2009

Posted July 08, 2008

Finney (Myrtle S.) Elementary School 4

Posted November 30, 2007
I am really happy that my daughter has transferred to Finney. Mrs. Cruz has been exceptional with her transition and is great with communicating with parents. I greatly appreciate the enriching environment that the teachers have created for the students.

Finney (Myrtle S.) Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2006

Posted November 23, 2005
I would really like to say that I'm happy having my kids enrolled at this school. Teachers are always supporting the kids as well as the principal who is always looking forward to do his best on behalf of the students. Finney is a school where parents can volunteer if they decide it and teachers are glad with the help.

Finney (Myrtle S.) Elementary School
3950 Byrd Street, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified Finney (Myrtle S.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Finney (Myrtle S.) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top