Posted June 27, 2014
What a lot of people don't know about our little school, is that the teachers are very dedicated and that they try their best to make it the best school, however with the challenges of a smaller budget and limited resources,it had put a strain on the entire staff. Our teachers led the school and despite what others may think, we do challenge our students and we want them to be successful. With new leadership coming in, the school will improve and teachers can once again get back to teaching and focus on student learning.

Posted February 23, 2014
My daughter attended this school and the first couple of years, it was a great school with great teachers. My daughter loved going to school. But then that principal left, taking with him many of the great teachers. The New principal allows pretty much anything, teachers are visibly unhappy, the "no funk food" policy is applied at convince. The lack of leadership shows in student behavior. My daughter was tested for the GATE program. I repeatedly asked Ms Romero and secretary for results, every time they would state they didn't know but would find out. I became frustrated and emailed district's superintendent with my frustrations and concerns. Come to find out, my daughter WAS accepted into GATE. Ms Romero or anyone with access to her file could have given me results. Los Altos didn't offer GATE classes until after superintendent came into picture. Secretaries are just as bad, they will NEVER know anything about anything nor make an effort to find out. Needless to say I have moved my daughter to another elementary school and the difference is INCREDIBLE!!!!!! MY DAUGHTER LOVES THIS SCHOOL, teachers and activities provided!!!

Posted August 31, 2012
I have substituted at this school several times over the last two years. Behavior for each of the classrooms is out of control. I feel like the classes are lacking the most basic routines for behavior. I made the mistake of substituting here one too many times.

Posted July 22, 2012
I have observed a class that had on discipline whatsoever. The teacher sat at the back of the class room with her back to the class while helping two students. Half way through the class, she informed the class that they were going to do a test and she stated several times that this was not going to be done with partners. Students were passing notes, texting on celll phones and one student actually got up several times, went to her partner and copied her answers.

Posted March 25, 2010

Los Altos Elementary School 5

Posted October 28, 2009

Los Altos Elementary School 5

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted May 28, 2006

Los Altos Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2004
This school has improved tremendously in the past two years with the new principal. The teachers are excellent and highly motivated to make students succeed. Parent involvement, however, remains low. They either do not understand the importance of being involved in their children's education(at school and at home), or are incapable of helping their children. Except for a core of dedicated parents, the parent outreach/involvement programs are poorly attended. Unless this changes, the overall school results will continue to be below average.

Los Altos Elementary School
1332 Kenalan Drive, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified Los Altos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Altos Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top