Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My child went there for one year few years ago. Academically, it was a waste of time. My child didn't learn much during that year. We talked to teachers and administrators about our child's previous school which was excellent but they ignored our input. In addition, our child was bullied and the teacher did nothing to prevent it.

My son has done exceptionally well at Canyon View. He has loved his teachers and the staff, and often stuns me with what he's learned. I'm confident he will be ready for middle school, high school, and beyond because of the foundation built by his elementary education. CV also has programs for kids below grade level. Parent funding provides reading IMPACT, science, music and art--subjects no longer taught in public schools. There is also a psychologist on campus once a week. Parents and teachers work together to create well-rounded kids. Bullying is not tolerated by anyone, and is taken very seriously. My son is learning more than reading, writing, and math--he's learning to be a concerned citizen and a contributor to his community, as well as a good person and good friend. I couldn't ask for more from my son's education.

My daughter went to this schoolsome years ago. My experience was not well. I have an adhd child. They were not willing to assist in every way possible. They were not willing to work with me, but instead gave me a solution they were not willing to follow through on. As it turns out we moved and as they were willing to leave her behind, I wasn't and I homeschooled her. She is now graduated from high school and as it turned out it was the best decision I ever made. Special needs kids get left behind there instead of getting the right kind of help.

Canyon View has been an amazing place for all of my three children to learn and grow. The teachers have adjusted to the new Common Core adoption and have worked hard to inform parents about the changes. My fourth grade son has soared in math this year and their science lab has been a great way to enrich their already strong science program. My sons have learned to love reading and are strong communicators; both verbally and in writing. I always feel welcome when I enter the campus and there is a true sense of family between staff and families. My children could not have gotten a better start to their education than they have received at Canyon View. Go Coyotes!!

I have multiple children in canyon view. Grades K-3 are solid and have great teachers. Grade 4 has HUGE problems with the math and science curriculum. Particularly the math. The principal has "listened" for the past 2 years while parents bemoan their 4th grade problems and yet does nothing. There is an administrative tendency to "blame the child" if there are problems instead of looking at a flawed teacher or curriculum. Everything my 4th grader learned about 4th grade math came from home, not the classroom. That being said, the younger grades are great, just pick your 4th and 5th grade teacher VERY carefully as you will not get assistance with any problems.

Being part of Canyon View is like being part of a family, great teachers, great administrators and great principal. My children love this school and I do too. Parents are really involved.

The school administration is very helpful and pleasant (Donna, Gloria). Both my kids and I feel like we belong, like we are part of a big family at Canyon View. There is a heavy parent volunteering force that drives multiple activities and efforts and everyone is welcome to participate. Improvements needed IMO: stronger focus on academia, especially to promote science.

I LOVE this school. It is amazing. I would definitely recommend Mrs. Merrill. She is kind and excels at teaching. The front office staff,especially Mrs. Lou are very polite and will help you with anything you need. The principal is wonderful and has a lot of experience. Canyon View is a great place to learn.

Great school and very involved and dedicated teachers. The school is great at evaluating kids and guiding them accordingly. Great community involvement and we love the smaller and intimate school atmosphere.

As a parent, I've seen many changes @ Canyon View - all for the good of the students and the school. I cannot think of one person employed here who doesn't consider the welfare of the students to be of the hightest priority - mentally, physically, and academically. I have never felt that my children were "taught to the test". Hand in hand, my chidrens' teachers and I developed partnerships to ensure that my children could reach their potential ... being the best "me" I can become was their goal. As a result, my children have all become self-aware, self-sufficient members of society. Thank you, staff & teachers of Canyon View!

Last modified Canyon View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.