Posted October 20, 2014
The school is super amazing. It gets k-5 graders shoot for the goal of college. They teach the importance of college at a very young age in order for them to begin thinking about college early. In addition, Los Pen is the foundation of the nation-wide "No Excuses University". This was created by Mr. Lopez and Me. King, the old principals, in order to encourage students to take responsibility for their choices and find the pathway to success. My favorite part of this school, however, would have to be the academy. The academy is a program that the school runs for students who want to learn more and succeed. The motto is BEAR, Be Eager And Responsible Students. Thier primary goal is to give students in a public school setting an opportunity to learn more by having longer hours of school. These students are challenged and are just amazing. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted April 06, 2014
As a former student of this school, I can easily say some of my best memories were made here and they last a lifetime. Even in my senior year of high school I'm still glad to make visits to see all my old teachers and realize how they still haven't forgotten me either. The teachers that work here aren't in it for the money, they're here to make the best out of every student and help them see their potential. I know if i didn't enroll in the academy program here, middle and high school would've been a much harder obstacle to overcome.

Posted April 06, 2014
I went to Los Penasquitos Elementary from kindergarten to fifth grade. As a junior in highschool applying to many prestigious universities, I can proudly say that Los Penasquitos Elementary was more of a factor in my learning than middle school. Yes, I learned a lot in middle school, but a greater amount was taught to me at Los Pen. Here's why: -awesome programs to get involved in -the best, most helpful and friendly teachers around. Extremely funny too! -faculty make learning environment come to life. Everyone is enthusiastic about education -disciplinary actions are taught, not just academics. Los Penasquitos and the teachers who worked tirelessly to help kids like myself inspired me to become the best version of myself that I can be. I sincerely believe that Los Penasquitos deserves more money to support their needs. Los Penasquitos is a very unique school that was my second home as a child. I love this school from the bottom of my heart.

Posted June 05, 2012
I cannot say enough about Los Pen. My son came from Sperckles in UC. That school was awful. Since coming to Los Pen he has flourished. The staff there, starting from the principal on down is COMMITTED to education. I didn't know how effective teaching could be until my son came here. He is in the Academy program and is getting the absolute BEST learning experience we could have hoped for. Every aspect of this school is above top notch. I cannot believe that any public school can be run this well but I guess when everyone is on the same page it DOES! Their focus on NO EXCUSES and a target of all students making it to college is amazing. Our son already talks about what he wants to do in college. This school should be held up as a standard all others should work to meet. We so much appreciate all that Los Pen has brought to our son's education and future. Thanks you

Posted September 25, 2010
Los Penasquitos is a Title 1 school serving neighborhoods in the Poway Unified School District. Their philosphy of "The No Excuses University" promotes accountability of students, parents and educators alike. Within Los Pen, there is an academy program which offers increased school hours and school year to enhance educational success. I have met some of the most dedicated teachers at this school and am proud to be a parent of a student at Los Pen.

Posted May 19, 2010
This school is great with Academy Program

Posted May 16, 2010
I love Los Penasquitos Elementary school because they emphasise the value of college education in the young minds and help them achieve the goal with their 'no excuses' philosophy.

Posted May 13, 2010
Los Pen is wonderful! It has made an impact in my son's life. Their caring, support, and strive for building responsible young people is amazing!

Posted May 12, 2010
Great school where teachers work together to help students enjoy learning.

Posted May 12, 2010
Los Pen has a great atention for kids. they develope in all the ways with activities that help to reinforce caracter in a friendly enviroment

Los Penasquitos Elementary School
14125 Cuca Street, San Diego, CA  92129
Last modified Los Penasquitos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Penasquitos Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 87 reviews. Top