Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted January 06, 2016
Most of the teachers don't even grade homework so you don't really get the feeling of - I need to get this done.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted January 06, 2016
The teachers and yard duties don't really care at all. They just don't want to pick up your trash.

Mesa Verde Middle School 1

Posted January 06, 2016
I went to this school for all 3 years and this is what I think.I feel like this school only gets good ratings from parents because they think that their child is doing well based on grades.Notice that all good comments are from parents.Well I can tell you that it is hard to get anything lower than a B.My homeroom teacher in 7th grade was terrible.She would run out of worksheets to pass out to people and never have any idea what was going on in the class.It got so bad near the end of the year that most if not all of the days we would sit and watch Netflix the entire 4 class periods that we were with her.In that entire year we only wrote 1 essay for her near the start of the year which never got corrected.I never remember her actually teaching.It would all just be worksheets that she never corrected.I feel like 7th grade was a TOTAL WASTE but I don't think that many other students beside me would complain about all day Netflix.I have gotten straight A's throughout middle school and I haven't even tried until this year because I am trying to prepare MYSELF for high school. So far my grades have been on average 109% in every class in 8th grade.I don't even remember doing any extra credit. P.E. is a mess - the lockers are tiny and most don't even have hinges on them. If you have a backpack that you are trying to stow there, you are screwed because there are less backpack lockers at MVMS than there were lifeboats for the sinking of the Titanic. The locker room is tight. This room is about the size as an apartment that should hold at max 30 people but Mesa Verde jams 100 sweaty boys (not as bad for girls - they get identical room across from this one.) into this room which is inhumane in my opinion. It is so bad that the P.E. teachers have to lock themselves into a room that has about 8 fans going constantly. It sucks and this school should be embarrassed. (Lice spreads rampant in there and disease is common) MV is also not prepared for any weather. There is almost no cover so you always get drenched going to class in rainy weather. They never fix their roofs so mold spreads all of the time and causes many students and teachers breathing problems and much sickness. The ceiling has even collapsed next to me in math because of the leakage problems and many times I have felt drips on me from the roof. That experience sucked and I am glad I can move on to High School.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
I am grateful to Mr Strachan for having such a profound influence on my son who is now exceeding expectations in high school. I am grateful to Mr P for his dedication to an outstanding music program. I'm sure it is one of the best in the country.

Posted December 10, 2015
Words cannot describe how wonderful this school is from the administration to the teachers, staff and students. 2 of my 3 boys attend(ed) school here and every other school pales in comparison. Shout out to Mr P. And Mr Strachan.

Posted October 28, 2015
Well my son was in 6-8 there and never wants to leave that school! He loves the citizenship and the help that he needs. Unfortunate, he is off to high school and he was upset he even said why can't there be 6-12 grade there. He is now at westview high school and I highly reccomend those schools. I had never had a complaint coming from him! Well done Mesa verda! I love this school and I promise you will too! Make sure u have a great time at Mesa verda! You will thank me for this review

Posted March 11, 2015
Currently enrolled as a 7th grader. This school is amazing. The education is one of the best in state. Most teachers are amazing. Managing my A+'s with no problem. Overall great school!

Mesa Verde Middle School 1

Posted January 15, 2015
This is a horrible school. When I was in eighth grade at a different school I had all high As and Bs. When I transfered to this school I started getting low Cs and Ds. Teachers are not so great at teaching,there was more homework due to short periods (6 classes a day). There was also less time for tests because of the short periods. I was going to sleep at around 10 pm at my other school but here i went to sleep at 12 pm and STILL got bad grades. The teachers never believed me when I did something wrong that I wasn't aware that we weren't supposed to do this and that. I wasn't bullied but I saw a few bullies and teachers and "yard duties" did NOTHING about it. They seemed to care more about people leaving trash than kids getting bullied or hurt (because then they would have to pick up the trash). The reason this school does so well is because there are VERY studious and hardworking people here that are able to keep up the pace despite teacher's lack of help and a terrible school scheduel. -I was a student

Mesa Verde Middle School 4

Posted December 16, 2013
A great school that has good and bad teachers. You can get an amazing teacher OR a terrible one, but most likely you'll get a good teacher They offer a WONDERFUL programming club, where you can learn how to build websites, and much, much more!

Posted August 14, 2013
Hands down the most enthusiastic middle school teachers possible. The principal is wonderful, very caring and capable. So many great programs, especially music, in addition to impressive academics. Very good vibe here, not your typical middle school. Great neighborhoods all around, quality people. Love it here!

8375 Entreken Way, San Diego, CA  92129-4405
Last modified Mesa Verde Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.