Posted September 27, 2014
Hey everyone I really recommend you to join MCES it is a really good and fun filled school the principal is really nice.you should pick this school cause the teachers are really good so register now and get ur child to really Learn become a morning creek colt

Posted August 08, 2013
We have 2 children in MCES. We moved out of PUSD but loved the school so much we chose to transfer back to Morning Creek the drive is worth it. Each child is cared for and children that struggle are assisted where possible. The school encourages parents to be involved as much or as little as they wish. The campus is clean and secure. Recess is monitored by Teachers and Yard Duty officers. There are many activities for children before and after school including; running club, an art program and a science club, drama, chorus to name a few.

Posted March 01, 2012
I have two children at MCES--one in 5th grade, and one in kindergarten. The teachers are extremely committed and the principal is extremely visible. She makes an effort (and succeeds) at knowing every single child's name, siblings, and parents. It's incredible. She is calm, fair, and shows no favoritism, just as a school leader should be. While the campus is older than many in Poway (oh, how I envy the hi-tech facilities at Del Sur), the environment has a lot of positive energy. There is a strong community of parent volunteers, as well, who don't "look down" on working parents, but welcome them when/if they can participate as well. The combination of parents-teachers-and principal work to make school a wonderful and safe environment for the kids.

Posted March 01, 2011
My son has attended Morning Creek since he was in pre-school and he is now in 4th grade. It has been a great experience to date. The principal, teachers and staff have been wonderful. I particularly like this school because it is a smaller campus - everybody looks out for the kids, including the parent volunteers. My son also attends ESS (am/pm program) and I cannot say enough about the program and its staff. For a working parent, it allows me to breathe easier knowing that my son is in a caring and safe environment that fosters growth academically and socially.

Posted February 28, 2011
LOVE Morning Creek!! I have two kids at Morning Creek and I can't say enough good things about the school. The principal is awesome and the teachers I've dealt with are amazing. Both my kids can't wait to go to school every day, and that says the most as far as I'm concerned. Parent support and involvement is welcomed and encouraged, and there are many of us who spend time helping the teachers and staff. I can't imagine a better elementary school experience than we have had these last two years.

Posted February 28, 2011
Great school. Couldn't have been happier with the school and my kid can't wait to get to school each day! The principal is awesome...excellent leadership. Thank you Morning Creek!

Posted May 12, 2010
We love the school. My daughter is in second grade and was nervous about starting a new school due to us moving. She was welcomed right away. I love the fact that the school sends out an email and phone call every week to keep parents involved in what is happening at the school. They have an incredible team of volunteers that help out at the school and in the classrooms.

Posted April 28, 2010
I agree. Yesterday, the principal was in campus giving high 5s for students taking the STAR test.

Posted March 11, 2010
I would really recommend Morning Creek Elementary school for the kids and parents who are interested in learning. The principal is awesome. Rain or shine she is always all over the campus. All the teachers, volunteers and the principal make a very good learning team. I am very happy with the school. Keep it up !!!

Posted March 11, 2010
We are finishing our second year at Morning Creek (pre-K and first grade) and couldn't be happier with the teachers and principal. All of the Kindergarten teachers are absolutely wonderful, and we LOVE our first grade teacher Miss Madsen. The principal is always looking for ways to motivate and inspire the kids to be the best that they can be. And despite unreasonable and unfair budget cuts, the teachers have not compromised their goals or let it tarnish their enthusiasm for the kids. They all truly love what they do and enjoy coming to school each day. It breaks my heart that they are forced to do more and more with less and less support from the State, but they make the best of it for us and our kids. We love Morning Creek!

Morning Creek Elementary School
10925 Morning Creek Drive, South, San Diego, CA  92128
Last modified Morning Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morning Creek Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top