San Diego, CA

Morning Creek Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2015
Maybe they are great, but I'll never know. All I can rate her is the office staff. We went into the office this morning to get enrollment papers for my son. I stood there for about 10-12 minutes just waiting to be helped. I heard a very excited conversation amongst staff members about the best brand of store-bought cinnamon rolls (with or without icing), and a little about the digestive upsets caused by off-brands. But not one person amongst the 6 in there offered my son and I any assistance. I did finally try twice to get the woman behind the desk to help, as she looks like the type that you would ask. She got up once and stomped off into an adjacent door. When she came back I said "excuse me" again, louder than before. She went back to her computer. She didn't seem to have an issue with hearing, as she did lend her opinion on the cinnamon roll conversation. Finally I looked at the woman standing next to me (a staff member) and said "am I in the right place here? To enroll?" And she just stared at me with her mouth half open, trying to formulate a response. I decided as just this part of enrollment is this much of a headache, then it's probably a nightmare to deal with anything really important, like your child's education. Things have come a long way since my mother was a school secretary, I guess. I hope I can find a school for my son.

Posted September 04, 2015
We have been coming to the school for 4 years! We have watched our older daughter excel in her classes and in social settings. They offer running club, colt chorus, science club, monthly art activities, etc. We always feel so included in our children's education. Emails go back and forth between the teacher and parent keeping a great communication line open. Morning creek is always trying to include fun family events like: Back to School Tailgate Party with games, crafts, food trucks and the End of the year Yearbook Signing and Movie Party to name a few. All of the teachers that we have had have been wonderful! Mrs. Hall, Mrs. Bassett, Mrs. Buddy, Mrs. Heinzman, and Mrs. Hagan all have their own personalities and techniques on teaching, but they all have one thing in common. They love the students in their classroom and they want them to succeed! ESS at Morning Creek is fabulous! When we first joined ESS I worked full time and felt very comfortable leaving my Kindergartener in their care. Once she got into 1st grade, ESS made sure that her homework was completed before I picked her up. Both of my daughters attended their Summer Program! THEY HAD A BLAST going on field trips, swimming, movies, watermelon eating contest, science experiments, egg drops, and dress up days! We have thought about moving to a new house, but the idea of leaving Morning Creek is just not worth it. Morning Creek is the best school for our daughters and we are so glad to be party of the Morning Creek Family. -Monica

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 21, 2015
They guage their classes on the stronger studenta and literally leave others behind. No proper instructions are given, just a bunch of papers handed out to clueless kids. Kids who pass are thoroughly home taught and rely on outside education programs. If you are counting on your child learning here, good luck!

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
Once they blacklist you, they will firm endless documentation against your child even whilst pretending to work with you. They are not trustworthy. I suggest that all parents with kids having trouble in the school ask for their kids file from the office. You have a right to ask and it just may supreme you what theyes put down

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
They do not treat boys fairly. And basically a lack of respect for a parent is a lack of respect for a child.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
Excessive punishment like 6 hrs detentions. No corporation with parents and an insensitivity to minority cultures. Basically, if you're not Asian, you are treated like a non factor.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
They only care about being right and do not consider that each child is different. They are rude to and often provide misleading information to parents and when questioned acquire a vendetta stance against you and your child instead of working with you. There is no proper responsibility on the teacher's part and a culture that is somewhat anti-boys.

Posted May 31, 2015
Community oriented College focused Great teachers Poway Unified School District Running club PTA MC Foundation Parent involvement Food program Before/ after school available

Morning Creek Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2015
School is overcrowded causing teachers to act frantic. Class size is in the 30+, funnels into an equally overcrowded middle school. Second year with two kids in this school and can't tell that any real teaching has been accomplished. Lacks programs in Art and computer, music program is minimal. Facilities need upgrading.

Posted September 27, 2014
Hey everyone I really recommend you to join MCES it is a really good and fun filled school the principal is really nice.you should pick this school cause the teachers are really good so register now and get ur child to really Learn become a morning creek colt

10925 Morning Creek Drive, South, San Diego, CA  92128
Last modified Morning Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morning Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top