Posted January 30, 2013
i went to this school and the only thing good about it is their music program. Its haaaaaaaaaaard baby. they prepare you for your music career really well. We have won tournaments for like the past decade now. If you are going there for the music, let me give you some advice. If you arent in it to win it.... get out. nothing else about this school is worth talking about. i gave it 5 out 5 just because of their music program

Posted October 09, 2012
My three kids attended RBHS. All three were accepted by major universities including UCLA, Univ of Texas, Univ of Michigan just to name a few. They also received merit and talent based scholarships. RBHS teachers and staff prepared them well (along with parental motivation!) My 2 sons loved the school, but my daughter felt like she didn't quite fit into the social circles there. Her senior year was a little out of the ordinary, and the principal and counselors worked with her to help her meet her goals. I must say that Principal Paul Robinson (who just recently left RBHS) is an exceptional educator and administrator. He had a true caring attitude for his students, particularly the ones who were out of the main stream. I believe that Paul attended every sporting event, choir concert, band performance and student activitiy that was held at the school. My kids have moved on, but they (and I ) fondly remember their time at RBHS. The best thing you can do for your student in school is to volunteer your time to one of the many school organizations, and get you kids involved in an extracurricular activity that they enjoy.

Rancho Bernardo High School 3

Posted December 08, 2011
I am a student at RBHS and I feel that some of the safety mesures here are not quite taken seriously...Also the teachers can tend to pick out favorites from their classes and they would mostly just be mean to the other students

Rancho Bernardo High School 3

Posted June 15, 2011
As a former RB student, I would honestly have to say there school is nothing to special or anything remotely close to brag about. I grew up in the area and was very excited to go to RBHS after getting an inner-district transfer just to attend the school instead of another PUSD school that I now attend. However, I was greatly disspapointed with RB. The academics are subpar, as RB goes by the traditional semester schedule in which you take 12 courses a year, 3 less than the PUSD's other high school's Mt. Carmel and Del Norte, and 4 less than Westview. The decelerated learning pace could help kids who struggle in school, but with one 30 minute after-school tutorial through the course of one week, not much help is given. The teachers (who were also coaches) at times seemed to care about RB's sports more than the actual class itself, as RB has a very heavy sports reputation. The school campus seems a bit more outdated than it should be considering it opened in 1990, but it's not a major problem. The upsides about RB are definitely the sports and school pride. RB's school spirit is a huge thing that I enjoyed during my time there. Overall RBHS is decent, but look elsewhere if you can.

Posted June 04, 2011
The review that starts "This school does not have a funding problem,..." is so off base that I had to comment. I have 2 kids in RB High and have been extremely impressed with the school, staff, and programs. RBHS is ranked very high on greatschools.org for a reason. They have top notch teachers and administrators that really care for students and want them to succeed in school and in life. One pearl is the RBHS band program. This is one of the top programs in CA and wins most of the major competitions. College music programs all know about RBHS. My son is receiving a scholarship because of his involvement in the band program. The school also has a premier sports program and wins championships every year. The baseball program is nationally known and received a national championship several years ago. Overall, it is all about the education, though, and I feel my kids will be completely prepared for college. As a parent, I am thrilled my kids were able to attend RBHS.

Posted November 11, 2010
Coming from a student at RB High, i have a different perspective. Rancho Bernardo is not the prettiest high school, nor is it the cleanest. Yeah its "an old school" but most students forget the layout of the school during their time at RB. Rancho Bernardo is a very competitive high school when it comes to both athletics and academics and our music program consistantly beats all the other schools. Thats the reason RB is #1 against all other PUSD schools, it has heart & pride. Some of the most challenging AP and honors classes out there are at RB. It is true though that if your child is an average student or has trouble in school, i wouldn't pick Rancho Bernardo. From what i've seen most students who don't do well here are usually the un-motivated ones, teachers don't hold your hands here but thats true for most schools. This is a very famous high school for a reason, Broncos are #1!

Rancho Bernardo High School 4

Posted January 19, 2010

Posted November 14, 2009

Rancho Bernardo High School 1

Posted August 18, 2009
This school does not have a funding problem, it has a management problem. The class schedules, rotations and outrageous holiday schedules combined with a 'do the minimum' faculty put learning in the backseat. The priority is to fill the seats and perform on the standardized tests. They actually took classroom time out last year for an assembly to remind students to get to bed early and be prepared for the testing the next week. The teachers do not expect much out of the students. I can't say RB is any worse than other schools in the area. Its not a war zone and if your child is motivated and on the honors track they can thrive. If they need help, structure, expectation etc, go private or don't expect much.

Rancho Bernardo High School 1

Posted August 10, 2009
Although we are very familiar with RBH's reputation, that is a past reputation. Moving to the area it was obvious that the district has cut way, way back due to funding. The grounds we only 'maintained' if a bit run down for a school that age. We could not get into guidance to discuss our childs needs, and when we finally we able to, we were met with incredible crassness, and uncaring guidance office. Class after class gone due to the budget crisis. Yes, they kept AP courses so was signed up. But there is no depth to education anymore and it was clear that 'caring' was gone when the school lost funding. My kid who is very bright will sink it that cesspool. We are going private. Hopefully, funding will improve and attitudes will adjust.

Rancho Bernardo High School
13010 Paseo Lucido, San Diego, CA  92128
Last modified Rancho Bernardo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rancho Bernardo High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top