San Diego, CA

Posted August 26, 2014
Our daughters have been going to Shoal Creek for 3 years now. It is a really great school. I feel that the teachers push my kids enough, not too much and that they are given an excellent foundation to be successful in their lives. Both my kids love school and are in tears every summer when school is over. The teachers we've had have been professional, warm, loving and attend promptly to any issues there might be. Principal is very easy to approach and yet professional. Couldn't ask for better school.

Posted October 24, 2013
This school is fantastic! The fall festival was great! Strong School spirit. The Family Art Night was wonderful. The principle is approachable, kind, warm, and professional. The front office is wonderful. There is a high involvement in the community with this school and each event makes you wish to fund them more. High quality education for my two children . Engaging teachers and wonderful communication to parents make this school great. Should also mention the ESS program is top quality also!

Posted March 31, 2011
Shoal Creek is an outstanding school. All 3 of my kids have been going to Shoal Creek since Kinder. My oldest promoted to middle school last year. The teacher's are all top notch teachers. They all want your student to do well and to succeed. The curriculum is fun and enjoyable. The 5th grade teachers helped my son be ready for middle school. The staff is always smiling and helpful. The principal has is always there to talk and help. I feel welcome. There is no experience like elementary school and I feel that my kids will have memories that they will never forget! And most of all they will have a wonderful foundation for the years to come!

Posted March 31, 2011
My kids love school! They love Shoal Creek. My daughters teacher is the best. Her classroom is so inviting and a fun place to be. I can not say enough about this school! The only bad thing about it is the parking, but it is like that at every school in the district!

Posted March 31, 2011
We moved in to our new house and to our dismay the elementary school down the street from our house was full. We were forced to have our son go to Shoal Creek. At first we were very upset, but there was nothing we could do. What started out as a negative turned into the greatest thing ever! My son loves it there. The school is wonderful. The staff is very professional. The noticed my son had a speech impairment and immediately he was taking speech. The concern for my son was overwhelming. His speech has improved over the past years, his problem has been corrected. At Shoal Creek they go the extra mile to insure that each child receives everything they need to succeed. We don't want to go to our neighborhood school any more!

Shoal Creek Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2011
Worst school ever, beware! My child has attended this school and it has been a living hell from the beginning. I would highly recommend you find a better school. I'm shocked at some of the recognition this school receives. The discipline methods used by the teachers, especially for the 5th graders, are extremely unfair. They will make your child hate school and want to give up all together. This school does not know the meaning of compassion, mercy, and love. They are brutally strict and will punish your child for the smallest of things, making him/her feel like a failure. I have pleaded with them to reward good behavior instead of forever punishing. But, they dont listen. They give 5 to 6 hours of homework PER NIGHT so your child will be robbed of their youth. My child isn't able to have any fun in life. I have complained repeatedly but nothing has changed. My daughter says this school is like going to jail. The teachers act like military drill sgts and will talk down to your child like he/she is very stupid. Your child will be left feeling helpless and worthless. Don't be fooled because your child and his/her happiness should be first and foremost.

Shoal Creek Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2010
Good school, overall. Too much focus on test scores and stats. Improvement is needed in the implementation of technology to teach, to communicate, and to inspire. Many teachers don t act like we pay their salary, benefits, and retirement. It definitely has a big government feel to it.

Shoal Creek Elementary School 0

Posted May 21, 2010
There is tremendous parent involvement on every level. This is encouraged by the teachers and staff.

Shoal Creek Elementary School 0

Posted May 18, 2010
The community and parents really come together to help raise funds for the school so that it is able to have a P.E. assistant, Computer technician, and music assistant on staff.

Posted May 18, 2010
I consider my children to be so fortunate to be in attendance at Shoal Creek. There is a wonderful diversity amongst the students. The parental support is amazing. Teachers are experienced and earnest in their efforts to teach the children. Technology is available being taught to the children. The office staff is efficient, caring and helpful. The principal truly cares about the well-being of the student and the school

Shoal Creek Elementary School
11775 Shoal Creek Drive, San Diego, CA  92128
Last modified Shoal Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shoal Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top