San Diego, CA

Posted April 04, 2015
Turtleback is an amazing school, my oldest son started there and will be finishing up 5th grade this year, my youngest is currently in 1st grade. We have loved every minute there, the staff, teachers and principal are all amazing. They really care about the kids. Volunteering is welcomed and I love seeing all the parents there to help, I loved being able to be part of the school community and watching my children grow there.

Posted December 20, 2014
Turtleback has been our home school for the last four years. I agree with one of the comments that the curriculum can be tough, but for my son it was great for him to be challenged and learning every year. Each teacher has a different style so you will have to make that work for your child as in adult life. They teach from Common Core and the District is prone to changing curriculum yearly. Administration and teachers have typically been there for 10+ years, but the new teachers are the gems! Mr. Betschel is a wonderful teacher with a love and passion for learning that excites his students and commands his respect. 5th graders go on a Star of India field trip, 4th graders have Gold Rush days, 3rd graders go to Ronyon Museum (fossils), and 1st graders sing at the nearby Sr. Centerat Christmas. Your child will love this school if they love to learn and enjoy a warm close knit environment.
2 people found this helpful

Turtleback Elementary School 3

Posted October 05, 2014
Turtleback is an okay school. Since my children did not attend any other school in the Poway district I can not compare it to other schools in the district. The curriculum is difficult and was a little too hard for one of my children. They did try to help her but really just put most of the work onto us - which is fine but even we had a difficult time trying to keep her caught up with everyone else. If your child does well academically then they will do well but if not, get ready for some long nights of homework. I did feel that the teachers cared about the children but they can not help what the district and state push for them to teach.

Posted May 01, 2010
Turtleback Elementary is a great school because if its wonderful and caring staff!! We are blessed to be at Turtleback!!

Posted April 07, 2009
My daughter attends second grade in this school. The class activities are definitely exciting and challenging to her. The school gives a lot of importance to character training. I am extremely satisfied with the school.

Posted February 16, 2009
My daugher attends this school, this is great school, good involvement of parents, teachers. Teachers and pricipal takes well care of students. Very good teaching, homework and kids grow intellegent in this school.

Posted September 28, 2008
Very friendly staff; amazing teachers; visible and helpful principal; wonderful little school

Posted September 02, 2008
My son went to Turtleback for PEPP, Mrs. Reid was his teacher. We were very happy with Turtleback and its staff, very friendly very professional, very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you Turtleback! We still wish we were there.

Posted January 31, 2007
I was a student teacher for a 4th grade classroom at Turtleback and was impressed with all facets of the educational services provided. The staff are extremely committed to their students' success. They maintain high expectations for not only their students, but of themselves.

15855 Turtleback Road, San Diego, CA  92127
Last modified Turtleback Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Turtleback Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top