Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 09, 2015
I don't feel like they have integrity, because that would mean that they say they care and want the students to have the most out of their education, but it's being hypocritical when they don't di anything to show that they care, especially with the bullying situation going on in the school

Posted December 06, 2014
We are new to this school. My daughter was accepted into the 3rd GATE program which we accepted and has been the best decision we could have made for her. Her teacher Ms. Hernandez is a great person and truly enjoys her job. She has given my daughter a new look on learning and my daughter is growing everyday. Ms. Hernandez is definitely giving her students a great start to a great education when in these times is had to find. Having come from a private school for kindergarten and first grade and second grade in another south bay school district Emory is a great school by far and I hope to have any great years here for my daughter. We also have a daughter in the TK program and glad they added this program at this school this year.

Posted September 16, 2014
Our children transferred to Emory this year because our older child was accepted into the GATE program. It's only the beginning of the school year but we are so thrilled with how much better this school is compared to their last school! Our 3rd grade child in the GATE program is finally in a more fitting peer group. His teacher was very good at thoroughly explaining the class to us. We've gotten some emails about class stuff and we can email her at any time, which I have once and I got a response fairly soon after. Our younger child is in the 1st grade class that has two teachers, both teachers are great. Both are kids are enjoying this school, we are very pleased. I don't have any complaints.

Posted September 03, 2014
I think Emory is a great school. My kids came as transfer students, from another district school, when they were accepted into the GATE program. I definitely disagree with the previous post. I thought the third grade GATE teacher was excellent. We were anxious about the transfer and that teacher was very helpful, approachable and nice. She also went above expectations by finding excellent learning opportunities for the students. I am thankful that this school has teachers that care about their students success and are willing to give extra to their students.

Posted September 01, 2014
This is an excellent school. The GATE program teachers from grades 4-6 are extraordinary! The 3rd grade GATE teacher was very rude and disrespectful to both the children and their parents though. The principal, however, is very kind, attentive, and helpful. My kids have enjoyed attending this school.

Posted February 20, 2012
GATE program is an excellent program. My daughter has been in Emory since 3rd grade through 6th grade and is going to graduate this year.she tells me she doesn't want to leave.If you are given the choice to your student to go there it is a very good choice.the principal has a great leadership she has done a lot of inprovment. Emory is the best school ever

Emory Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2011
My children are in 1st and 4th grade and have not enjoyed Emory at all. We are moving mainly because of how unhappy our girls are. They have been called terrible names, physically harrassed and yelled at by intolerant teachers. My 10 yr old actually said "that school has no control over the kids". The office staff is very friendly and principal seems nice enough but the bullying and inattention to it bothers me greatly.

Posted March 05, 2010
All my children have attended Emory. Although there are some teachers that could use improvement, most teachers are very helpful. There is a new principal this year and she is very involved in every detail. She has been nothing but a positive addition to this already great school.

Posted May 29, 2009
Excellent GATE program. Very satisfied with said curriculum. Lots of educational field trips. Kudos to the dedicated and hardworking teachers who have made learning fun and challenging to our 'gifted' children.

Emory Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2008
There is no effort made to accomodate a working parent with early meetings or later in the afternoon. I was so frustrated with the lack of caring for my children that I moved to a new neighborhood in order to change schools.

1915 Coronado Avenue, San Diego, CA  92154-2021
Last modified Emory Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.