San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 20, 2013
My son is in 2nd grade and thanks to the teachers pushing my son to challenge himself with new things everyday he is an advanced student. He finished 1sr grade at a 3rd grade reading level. Mr. Daily is awesome he knows every student & is a motivator. Mrs. Arancibia to me is the best 1st grade teacher.

Howard Pence Elementary School 2

Posted June 08, 2013
Pence is not the school of choice. My three children attend this school and they all complain about the staff, the food, and their classmate. There is lack of respect. They spend on remodeling the school but not on education and making children feel comfortable. Their after school program also on the low end. The staff are kids taking care of kids.

Howard Pence Elementary School 3

Posted September 07, 2010
so far I like what I see. My daughter just started kinder and I think her teacher Miss. A is great!!

Posted September 28, 2009
Pence has made great strides in the last couple of years, and has always been very dedicated to student safety and academic achievement. We make a great effort in trying to involve all of the community in all of the activities that take place. It seems that the only time parents really show up in-force is when we have spring carnival, or some other FUN activity. It would be nice to have more parents involved in the academic portion of student achievement. It seems that only a small core of parents are truly present on a regular basis. Communication and involvement are the keys to student success. Please help us achieve our academic goals.

Howard Pence Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2009
Dropping and picking up the kids is just crazy. I am always notified at last minute for any events or meetings. Teachers should communicate more with parents.

Howard Pence Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2009
Pence is a great school....The teachers always welcome me and my child with a smile in the morning. The uniforms are great and I have been happy with my son's teachers so far. thank you

Howard Pence Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2009

Howard Pence Elementary School 1

Posted July 26, 2009
this school need veru much improvment,dont know where to start,to pick up our children its a disaster cars are parked every where its a mission just to get through. we are not notified about activities untill the last minute!!!

Howard Pence Elementary School 0

Posted January 31, 2009
New principal seems to be good. Definitely would like to see more communication between teachers/school and parents. Should make more of an effort to get parents involved.

Posted October 14, 2008

Howard Pence Elementary School
877 Via Tonga Court, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified Howard Pence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howard Pence Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top