Sunnyslope Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I agree with other parents that this school is lacking in fundings and needs a lot of improvment. My daughter attended this school for a year and a half, she was never challenged and was bored because she already knew everything they were teaching her, they never went on field trips or had school events, it was horrible. She is now at a new school and loves it! I'm so happy we moved her schools sunnyslope just wasn't cutting it!

Posted March 05, 2009

Posted January 29, 2009

Posted June 01, 2008

Posted January 25, 2008
Funding is lacking in this school which is very obvious in this area.I'm removing my child from this school because he is getting teased and harassed by the other students.There is no motivation in this school to challenge students and no gifted or advance classes for exeptional children. This is the worst school ever!

Posted October 03, 2006
I've had the worst expericence at sunnyslope with both of my sons, they've been there since kinder and in terms of overall academic school level it's bad, the staff and teachers need a lot of improvement they're not organized at all.

Posted February 01, 2005
- a former student
I used to go to this school and I think it is the best elementary school ever. The teachers, principals, and staff are very friendly.

Sunnyslope Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2004
My biggest concern is the lack of homework in kindergarten. So far, my kindergartener only gets homework twice a week, leaving her with nothing to do after school, other than reading. I think the teachers should motivate the children starting at the kindergarten level, to prepare them better for first grade. The class sizes overall seem to be good. I've seen an improvement in my older childs grades, but he still needs to improve a lot. He does the work at home, but seems to be able to get away with just sitting around at school. I know the teachers have a lot of students to work with. Maybe there should be a way they can check if the child has turned in his homework before they leave the classroom. Or maybe its just a matter of making sure each child understands what is expected of them.

Sunnyslope Elementary School
2500 Elm Avenue, San Diego, CA  92154
Last modified Sunnyslope Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunnyslope Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.