Adams Elementary School 2

Posted March 07, 2013
The new principal is horrible...she called me in her office (like i was a child) and labeled me for being an outspoken person. .She did it the whole time with a smile on her face. When I walked out the secretary looked like she was happy the principal fixed my wagon.That being said...The staff is horrible here...very bossy, they think they own your kids and if you don't like them or act different or talk loud...they think your that way to your kid or that you have some problem that needs to be corrected...very intrusive. However the teachers are the only thing that saves this school from this horrible principal...they are great and hold no judgement against different people.

Posted February 01, 2013
Adams is an excellent school the teachers and staff are great they care for the children and their education my grandchildren really enjoy going to school

Adams Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2012
I am a parent who has been involved with Adams for almost 10 years. I currently have 2 children enrolled at the school. The teachers, staff, and principal are awesome. They truly care about the education our children receive. How can you not like a school that encourages involvment by Dads and other male role models in our students lives by hosting a monthly Dads Night!?! The tests scores at the school are not the best but they are improving thanks to the dedication of the teachers, principal, and ALL support staff (including Ms. Leona and Mr. Angel). I am a parent that believes you get out of an education what you put in. Be an involved parent, get to know the staff and administrators at Adams, and I promise you will LOVE this school. I no longer live in the neighborhood but I commute 20 minutes everyday to take my children to Adams. Keep up the good work Adams. Go Tigers!!!!

Posted April 13, 2012
We are visitors from Denmark and have our two girls in Adams Elementary School. Before we chose Adams my husband visited some of the other schools in the district, but he had a good feeling about Adams from the very beginning. We have not been disappointed, on the contrary, we are astounded by the spirit, leadership and teacher quality of this place. You have the feeling that everybody wants the very best for your child and our girls just love their school! Compared to Danish standards the level of and focus on Math and Science is higher and i'm sure our children will benefit from this when we get home again. The school has a high level of Spanish speaking students, however, the tutoring of the English language programme is very professional and has made our girls speak and understand English after only three months. Glad we chose Adams! Annemarie Dalgas.

Posted April 12, 2012
As an educator of over 20 years, I have never seen a more dedicated staff, or better principal then Derek Murchison. Adams has state of the art technology, a PTCO, and involved community. I feel fortunate to work at such an amazing school.

Posted April 12, 2012
I have one child at Adams Elementary and I Love this school everyone including staff and principal are so friendly. I am happy to say that my son is in first grade and thanks to his teacher Mr. Giffin For helping me and my son to better understand the strategy he needs improvements on for him to be successful this year. He not Only helps when we need it but he always offers and lets everyone now as a parents that If theirs anything he can help us with he is Their no matter what. Overall, My son Has had The best Help from his Teachers I am HighlY satisfied With this school and altho I moved, he still attends this school. I have a School Walking distance but since feel very proud of what Admas offers I drive him every morning here. Thanks to Mrs. Niknejad For helping Him Preschool and Mrs. Dargin For kindergarden and Present with Mr. Giffin. They are Wonderful as well as the school. This school Is The best They have Every single tool to help students become better and better everyday Thanks to the Principal and staff.

Posted April 12, 2012
As am educator in this district for close to 20 years, I have never worked with a more dedicated staff or a better principal then Derek Murchison. Adams has state of the art technology, a PTCO, and an involved community. I feel very fortunate to be part of this amazing school.

Posted April 10, 2012
We have excellent teachers that have been here for a long time. The principal is a great leader and supporter of parents and teachers. Parents come here from out of district. It is a great community school.

Posted April 10, 2012
I love sending my 3 children to Adams Elementary. The teachers and the principal hold high expectations for my children . They are caring, nurturing and compassionate. The staff is dedicated to helping my children achieve their personal bests. One of my children receives special education services. I couldn't be happier with the amount of support my child receives in general education classroom.

Posted April 09, 2012
Fabulous principal, hard working teachers and staff, great parents and students make up this wonderful community. It is an honor to be working at Adams Elementary school. We have high expectations for ALL students.

Adams Elementary School
4672 35th Street, San Diego, CA  92116
Last modified Adams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top