Bayview Terrace Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2010
There are some GREAT teachers at this school. However, we left this school because my special needs son was bullied.

Bayview Terrace Elementary School 5

Posted June 05, 2010
My kids both attended Bayview for 3 years before moving to middle school and a seminar school. My daughter moved from Bayview to PB Middle and since attending Bayview and subsequently PB Middle, she has had a 4.0 GPA and has made the National Junior Honor Roll for the 3rd year in a row. (It is only available in middle school and up). My son attended k, 1 and 2 at Bayview, tested so high in all areas that he scored into seminar (top 1% of students tested). Bayview has no seminar, which is the ONLY reason my son had to go to a new school. Both of my kids excelled at Bayview and since then, as well. Both have made many friends which they still have today. This school has a top-notch administration and teachers that go above and beyond anything you've ever seen before. This school cares for students.

Posted September 16, 2009
Fabulous staff, excellent special needs teachers and aides, understanding, kind and courteous. I have two children in this school, and am so far very pleased.

Posted September 05, 2008
My children went to school there till this last year, 5 years we spent at that school, supporting it and giving it a shot. We moved to a different state and guess what? Both kids failed the states testing standards for thier grades!They are so far behind we are not sure they can catch up and learn the stuff for this year. This school is substandard, and i recommend if you filter into this school, and you care about your childrens education, you choose another school.

Bayview Terrace Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2008
I spent three months working as a visiting teacher in this school and found the teachers to be amazing. I have never seen a group of teachers work so well together. There is a new principal who is trying to change things too much too quickly and is therefore not as effective. The student population is mostly non-English speaking and the parents barely speak English. Many of the parents don't take education seriously and it shows. The education is definitely watered down because of the number of esl students, so I wouldn't recommend it to English speakers who are looking to be challenged, but the teachers do the best they can with what they have

Posted July 23, 2008
school is located too close to the high school wich is full of thugs. The school lacks activities for the kids and is not at the same level as near by schools academically.

Posted May 23, 2006
This is a bare bones school, but the quality of teachers is second to none. We make up for the lack of activities at school on our own time.

Bayview Terrace Elementary School 2

Posted October 07, 2005
So far I am very concerned about the amount of time spent on ESL rather than on the basics and state standards. Because my kids already speak english, I feel they are getting held back by the non-english speaking students.

Bayview Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted July 25, 2005
There is a low level of parental involvement in this school, due to the number of parents that are not English speaking. In my son's first grade class, it was not unusual for the homework to be turned un unfinished because neither the student or parent could read the directions. Unfortunately there are no extracurricular activities, besides gym class once a week and library. The teachers themselves I feel are excellent and hard workers. They have to take students who are barely speaking English and get them at grade level.Each student is treated with respect and given the same attention as the rest.I have enjoyed my children going to this school and they have done very well. We make up for the extracurricular activities by doing things on our own. I prefer this because I can pick and choose what my children are exposed to.

Bayview Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2005
nice school with nice teachers and nice students. They do a dance program to preform at an in school event around may , that is really nice.

2445 Fogg St., San Diego, CA  92109
Last modified Bayview Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bayview Terrace Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top