San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 1,002
Before care: Yes

Bell Middle School 4

Posted August 27, 2014
Wow! What a change! Looking great and an amazing leadership. The teachers seem extremely respectful, helpful, and knowledgable. All clean campus and no gum anywhere! They got new concrete everywhere this last 2014 summer.

Posted November 11, 2013
My daughter just started sixth grade here at Bell in September. She has had nothing but issues at this school. A teacher said she had to bring in her transcripts personally or she'd get an F grade for the assignment to bring it in. Found out just recently the teacher never gave the paperwork to the counselor as she was supposed to so my daughter could get into advanced classes. Now after weeks of being bullied for being white I was told that I wasn't allowed to talk to the principal unless his secretary deemed it worthy. She didn't so we were "allowed" to speak with the counselor. After realizing the school was going to be of no help we now are stuck with the only real option at this point in our area, which is to pull my daughter out and do independent studies, just so she is safe! Ridiculous!! Talking to a couple teachers only to find that white children are constantly being discriminated against at this school.

Bell Middle School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
I am a student here and I had so many memories at this school. This school contains many clubs(drama club,Glee club, etc.). They have a very talented music teacher who is (as I was told) the best music teacher in the district. The teachers are very helpful and caring, along with the staff. This is my favorite school so far.

Posted September 19, 2012
very bad school i rather attend Bethune k-8 which i am i love Bethune k-8 this school is worst school you can attend

Posted June 28, 2012
This is the worst school ever! There is really bad teachers the staff is a joke!My Daugherty was bullied severely here. She received no support! The teachers bully there own students! Something needs to be done about this! This is not right! I feel sorry for the students!

Bell Middle School 3

Posted June 26, 2012
I'm a student, and I have to say that this school is alright. It's not the best, and it's not the worst. This school has it's fair share of good and bad staff members, nothing worth getting all excited over. There are some communication issues that were VERY inconvenient, but all in all, it's not bad. It's not good either, but it's not bad.

Posted June 15, 2012
very irresponsible school they allow too much and the teachers don't know how to handle their own students all the staff does is wait to get referrals from a few teachers and go ahead and suspend the student they never inform the parents

Posted May 20, 2010
This school is very irresponsible. They allow things to go on and the parent is the last one to know usually. They allow people to come on campus that have nothing to do at the school except cause trouble. Bad bad school.

Bell Middle School 0

Posted January 18, 2010
i am a 8TH at bell . and that is the best school ever i have alot of friends there . and i loved it i didnt have a choice were too go at first but im glad i chose this one ! and i have a 3.5 at the first semester because i got the help that i needed .

Bell Middle School 5

Posted June 27, 2009
I am a former 8th grader of Bell and i have to say this school is great and nice to be in.The school is so diverse in races and you can always find a group of friends to be in.Despite the rumors about being Bell being a bad school well that is just not true.The teachers actually care about teaching us and stay after school if we need to catch up on our missed work or get some extra credit in.Great school alot of memories from that school for me to remember.

Bell Middle School
620 Briarwood Road, San Diego, CA  92139
Last modified Bell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bell Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top