San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 24, 2013
Bethune is such a great school, when i came here in the u.s, I never knew any English because I was from the Philippines and I came here in the u.s when I was 10 years old, then Bethune is my 1st ever school here in america, the 1st time I step at Bethune, I knew that it will be impossible for me to pass 5th grade because I don't know how to speak English, then after a few months, I learn a little bit of English because Bethune has this very wonderful program called "English learner" where they teach us how to communicate and speak English well, then it's very surprising for me to find myself as a middle schooler, when I was in 6th grade I gave meet lots of people that has the same problem as me, and I told them to not worry because of the "English learner" program. When I came into 7th grade I really know how to speak English now and it helps me to make new friends and it also helps me with my grade!! I was so excited to see myself speaking English because before I thought that it's impossible but again thanks to Bethune for helping me to experience new thing in America!! I never forget Bethune because they thought me that nothing is impossible!

Posted August 30, 2013
My daughter school in this school.I like this school the teachers are great and they're really concerns about all students. I am glad my daughter school here.

Bethune K-8 3

Posted August 14, 2013
This school located in a much more ethnically diverse area should not be 60% Asian. All the other cultures, seem to be disregarded in academic preperation and overall concern. In a society so diverse, having such a lop-sided population offers no diversity. My daughter is Hispanic/African-American, and she is truly a minority at this school.

Posted September 14, 2012
This is a great place to bring the kid's to learn, I like the program that they have this school year , 1) no more guardian inside the line, 2) no more bringing food during lunch time, if only guardian realized the important of being independent on early age. 3) no more parking inside the lot, The principal and Juan need help on this one some people are very stubborn to obey the rules, where is the Cop's . hoping this will continue for the rest of the school year and the following year, GO GO Principal Spiegel and the Bethune Admin. team.

Posted March 21, 2012
Bethune School is a K-8 school with the highest CST scores in the Paradise Hills area. The administration and teachers have high academic and behavioral expectations of all of the students, regardless of ethnicity. The school offers music, technology in every classroom , and high school credit classes at the middle school level(geometry,algebra, Spanish) that qualify entry into the UC/CSU university system. There is also an after school programs: Prime Time, academic tutoring, drama club, and the tennis program. The diversity of the staff and students (Anglo, African-American, Asian, Latino, Pacific Islander) and the academic programs, the school has a lot to offer, In fact, grades 6,7,8 are almost full.

Bethune K-8 1

Posted September 05, 2011
I was not impressed with this school at all. I had two kids that went to school here and just the way that they were belittled it seemed. The school has a heavy Filipino population and for example when there are parities it is just mainly Filipino food and at christmas time the Filipino kids are getting lots of presents and non Filipions are just getting something small like a goddie bag. This has to stop and I hope someone is reading this that is enpower to do something about it. I pulled my kids out of the school and transfered them to a new location.

Posted May 04, 2010
it is a great school !!i love it !! my daughter always gets the princibles awards .they made hera star!!in education

Posted January 14, 2009
My daughter attended this school for kindergarten and 1st grade. And I like the school a lot especially the teachers Ms. Fuelle and Ms. Gibbions, they provided her a good learning skill fountations. However, we moved to another residency location. So she is studying to a new school. In my opinion, the new school is not as good as Bethune, even though the new school is one point higher in the greatschool rating this website. So you can't base on the general rating to decide which school is more situable to your child.

Posted November 09, 2008