San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 22, 2009
This is our first year at Daniel Boone Elementary and already feel very confident that my child is progressing and most importantly is very happy. After searching a spanish immersion program, I learned immediately that the teachers and the principal at Boone are very dedicated and pays close attention to the child's needs. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 20, 2009
Wonderful environment! The staff is friendly and professional. The principal is involved with student learning and knows the kids. Kids feel cared for at this school.

Posted July 03, 2009
I love their spanish emerison classes that they now offer. My daughter is in it and I am impressed on how much she was able to do. She can do everything that other Kinders are doing and more. She is even writing complete paragraphs in spanish and they year is not finished.

Posted April 15, 2009
My son is enrolled in the Spanish Language Immersion program at this school. The program is fantastic and my son already understands and is starting to speak Spanish as a kindegartener.

Posted June 16, 2008
Boone school is on the up and up. The new principal is a real go-getter and has made a lot of positive changes to the school. He has also added a Spanish language immersion program, but unfortunately next year they only have spaces for kindergarteners. Boone has a mix of newer and experienced teachers, the one commonality is that they are all knowledgeable, good with kids and hard working.

Posted May 16, 2008
Staff here is like family. Atmosphere is conducive to learning. Neighborhood is quiet and peaceful. I would highly recommend this school to friends and family. In fact I have.

Boone Elementary School 0

Posted May 14, 2008
The new principal is making a lot of changes and we like him a lot. And the teachers are open and communicate and have an open door policy. We are so happy! We transferred our child there because we heard good things about the staff and the school. My son loves his teacher.

Boone Elementary School 0

Posted May 13, 2008
Boone Elementary is staffed with wonderful teachers. I am very happy to have my child enrolled at Boone. His teachers have always informed me of his progress and maintain good communication. The school overall has a neat,colorful and welcoming appearance. Thank You.

Posted May 13, 2008
Boone School is a wonderful and inviting school. I especially like how recently, with the new Principal, many things have changed for the better. The school is bright and cheerful. There are new gardens and new teachers. All staff is professional and caring.

Boone Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2007
Based on personal experience and involvement with the school during the last few years (2005-2007), Daniel Boone ES school rates only slightly better than average. The quality of teachers cover a wide spectrum of competence - from highly dedicated and caring professionals to those who show up just to collect paycheck, but every school has that. I recommend to all parents enquiring about Boone Elementary that they talk to their child's prospective teacher and to simply discuss what how he or she is going to prepare your child for the next grade level. Also, keep the two-way communication lines open between the parent and the teacher.

Boone Elementary School