Bad
Good

I use to think tho school was great! But now not so much... They need to put a.c in the classrooms. Seriously teachers get all grumpy n kids are so tired of the heat. Cabrillo teachers need a makeover, they start yelling at the children telling them to shut up. Hello there kids.. I wish they put new teachers here. Points to be a good school #1 install a/c #2 new teachers ones who have patience #3 bring back all the fun activities #4 a class for teachers with attitude problem's like no joke these teachers are always crabby

Some of the teachers are unbalanced and the principal can be rude and disrespectful. Library employee and PTA are often involved in gossips.

Cabrillo Elementary is the worst school I've ever known, some of the staff have this culture of rudeness, apathetic, unreasonable, threatening and unhappiness. Parents bullying is prevalent there in several grades, some are very uneducated, cruel and cowards. If you don't like dramas or craziness, stay away!! The education system is fine. They have computer labs, also offer good activities and field trips.

Cabrillo Elementary is small and some of the teachers do care very much. The principal is oblivious to what is going on in the school. He tends to ignore that bullying is prevalent there. I am glad to see that German is being taught to the students. It is good for kids at that age to learn a second language outside of the local language. Some of the staff are not watchful of the kids and things go on on the playground that shouldn't. I believe that some kids are more protected from discipline than others. The school would be better if parents cared more about what goes on. It would also be better if the principal was more involved and concerned about what goes on. He is often not in the office and good luck on getting a call back. I will pull my kids out for the next school year.

I happened to meet a great lady today.Her name is Marcella Kreizinger and she is 102 years young.She used to be a Kindergarden teacher at your school and she was wondering how things are. Maybe you could send her a picture of the school and give her an update. She would love that. Thank you so much in advance. Her address is:Grossmont Gardens Retirement Center, 5480 Marengo Ave., La Mesa, CA.91942 A friend,Hugo V.

My kids and I love this school. The staff are a wonderful! We always have fun doing all the school events

I have nothing but good things about the school.My child went through Kindergarten with Miss Carmen Barrett and was in 1st grade with Miss Elizabeth Carlos.It is an amazing school,we are a military family and is currently stationed all the way on the other side of the globe but my daughter still misses Cabrillo and talks about the school from time to time.Even the parents i am still keeping in touch with whose kids are no longer attending Cabrillo talks about how much we miss the school environment and the warmth and dedication of the Principal Suarez and the teachers there.Thank you Cabrillo for everything you have done for our child!

This school has been doing very well when compared to others in the district. The test scores rate Cabrillo at a 4 in 2010, but this will soon change. As of this year they have adopted their German foreign language program and taught the GATE curricula. Although we started school this year over here, I must admit that I am very surprised with the warmth and a sense of family-like environment at the school. My kids always feel welcomed and enjoy coming to school. My only complaint is that at times I have seen some teachers be abrasive towards the children. When they notice a parent is around they change their tone a bit- however, it was not anything derogatory or offensive it was more like a parent telling their child they need to do something when the child hasn't listened 3x before, LOL. Additionally, I feel that the principal could be more avilable to the students and parents. The students look towards any principal almost like a tangible president. Perhaps instilling Principal fun-day once a month as a reward for good attendance would allow the kids to establish a better relationship.

We have been at Cabrillo for five years. There is nothing but amazing things happening in this school. We are a small but mighty. My children call this school their home. My oldest now goes to Dana, and she loves it. But her heart will always be at Cabrillo. There is this warmth when my kids see their teachers and principle, I as a child never had that feeling. But I can see the joy my children have when they speak of our school. We have many new things, that we didn't have 5yrs ago. We have a computer lab, German sister school, and many more new things coming this spring. The only negative thing I can say, is there isn't enough parent participation.

Cabrillo is a GATE nurturing school, which means that all kids K-4 are taught GATE concepts and curriculum. The critical thinking skills that the kids are learning really help them to be successful throughout their academic careers.

Last modified Cabrillo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.