Posted April 27, 2014
Thanks for he support for my family and children. My son is loving the academics that is provided and the interaction from the teachers.

Posted October 25, 2013
My children love this school! In every school it has it's tidbits as a parent we might not like, but academically this school is phenomenal! The staff is very nice in the office as well as our cross walk gaurs! The teachers are wonderful and really focus on getting your child to strive to where they need to be. It helps when the children get noticed for there work and abilities by having an award ceremony. With there new principal Mr. Deridge he overtakes the school with great pride just like Mr. Delute had done! This school has kept a good rep. And am a proud parent of the Chesterton cheetahs! For a San Diego school near the ghettos you can't beat this school! Excellent excellent!

Posted April 16, 2013
Wonderful school!! Mrs. daLuz is an amazing teacher & Mr. Delute is a very involved principal! This is my son's 3rd elementary school & without a doubt the best!

Chesterton Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2012
When I was in second grade, the teacher never once spoke to me. And in third grade , the teacher only spoke to me once to take my pencils away. I know this was the past and maybe the school has improved, but I had to take it out of my chest. Now, I am a parent.

Posted June 16, 2010
My son is in 2nd grade and has the best teacher. She is always ready to help and really shows interest in the children. I wish I could have her teach him next year and so forth. My daughter starts K this year and I am sure things will be just as wonderful. My only issue is the cafeteria food options. Hopefully the more parents who go to the school food board we can make postive changes. They serve mozzeralla breadsticks which is not filling and my son would come home hungry so he started to make lunches.

Chesterton Elementary School 4

Posted September 14, 2009
This is my twins first year in school and we got through the first week so far and my girls love it, they can't wait for the weekend to be over. I had them put in different classes and I am still on the fence weather or not that was the right thing to do. One thing for sure that I can say, durning the registration process they had you fill out a few questions that would let them understand your child's needs and personality so they could place them with the right teacher. From what I have seen so far in each of my children's teachers, they really made sure to place them in the perfect class. The only problem I can see is that the school lunch area and kinder play area is completely taken over by ants, not just a few, it is extremely bad.

Posted May 24, 2009
My child in moving on to 1st grade in the fall and we could not be happier with the start he has gotten at this school. The Staff, Principal and Parent involvement has been a great surprise to us. Lots of participation by all parties. Warm environment and we look forward to sending our other child there next year.

Posted November 29, 2007
I love this school, I'm 30 years old and my sisters and I went there while my dad served in the Navy. Now my husband is in the Navy and my kids go there. The teachers are great and the staff are great. My kids come home everyday with new and exciting stories about what they learned and how they can't wait until the next day. I now work there as a supervisor and I couldn't ask for a better place of employment. All in all it's a fantastic school!

Chesterton Elementary School 3

Posted August 17, 2007

Chesterton Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2007
I have thoroughly enjoyed my child's attendance at Chesterton. I was a little worried about the discipline and structure as this would be my child's first year at a public as we transferred him from a private school, but I have been extremely satisfied.

Chesterton Elementary School
7335 Wheatley Street, San Diego, CA  92111
Last modified Chesterton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chesterton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top