Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

If you have a neurotypical child and your kid is doing well then this is a great school. However if you have an atypical child or one with special needs then this is a terrible school. This school is not for kids with IEPs. They lack the knowledge and understanding that is required to work with special needs kids. I suggest the district get's training for all general education teachers on how to better educate all children using Universal Learning Design and promoting inclusion.

Overall, it's a great school with teachers and staff who care a lot about their students. I appreciate how they go above and beyond. The only downsides are that they don't do holiday performances like other schools and many of the 'mom''s at the school are very clique-y. It feels like high school at times. If you plan on being heavily involved with the parent association or just talk with them, be prepared for a very immature atmosphere.

Great school , Great teachers, All friendly and in five years we have never had a problem.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers I have encountered have been awful and the principal only backs his teachers not his students.

My daughter had a terrible experience at this school with a teacher bullying her. I wound up not sending both my son and daughter for a year. I sent my son back this year and now he is being harassed by his teacher. San Diego Unified School District definitely lacks good quality teachers.

WE LOVE CHESTERTON! It was our first year here after transferring from Florida. The teachers are amazing, office staff is extremely friendly, and my children just love their Principal, Mr. Deridge. The PTA is very involved in all of the schools activities. More parents should get involved! I know I will!

Thanks for he support for my family and children. My son is loving the academics that is provided and the interaction from the teachers.

My children love this school! In every school it has it's tidbits as a parent we might not like, but academically this school is phenomenal! The staff is very nice in the office as well as our cross walk gaurs! The teachers are wonderful and really focus on getting your child to strive to where they need to be. It helps when the children get noticed for there work and abilities by having an award ceremony. With there new principal Mr. Deridge he overtakes the school with great pride just like Mr. Delute had done! This school has kept a good rep. And am a proud parent of the Chesterton cheetahs! For a San Diego school near the ghettos you can't beat this school! Excellent excellent!

Wonderful school!! Mrs. daLuz is an amazing teacher & Mr. Delute is a very involved principal! This is my son's 3rd elementary school & without a doubt the best!

When I was in second grade, the teacher never once spoke to me. And in third grade , the teacher only spoke to me once to take my pencils away. I know this was the past and maybe the school has improved, but I had to take it out of my chest. Now, I am a parent.

Last modified Chesterton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.