San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 1,451

Posted May 16, 2014
We are almost done with our first year at Clairemont High and I have nothing be great things to say about our first years experience here. Dr. Jen Roberson is awesome. She is so involved in all that is going on and is doing everything to make this school the best school it can be! We look forward to next year! :)

Posted May 24, 2012
Great drama program, school size just right if you want to have a balance of extracurricular activities (sports, arts) AND academics without being a mere spectator like what your child might experience at the large high schools. Multiple sports fields got a Prop S makeover last year & are first class. Students at CHS have a wide range of skills and talents - and the special education students are included (and welcomed) in extracurriculars such as drama. The Circle of Friends club brings together the special needs students with the rest of the school. AP Biology Bowl team just beat La Jolla High (and Serra High). AP Enviro class is quite popular among college bound students. The French teacher was let go in October due to district budget cuts (and is now at San Diego High-International) but Spanish and German are offered as foreign languages - Spanish up to the AP level & the pass rate is very good. Other SDUSD schools only offer Spanish - we have German too! The principal is less than stellar (ought to be replaced) but the teachers make all the difference along with a good dean of students. A hidden gem of a neighborhood school that welcome others from around San Diego.

Posted November 30, 2011
Clairemont HIgh school is a GREAT school. It is normally rated low because of the amount of special students who are factored into the test scores. The students are very accepting of the special students and kids who are bussed in and not from their socioeconomic class. This being said, the principal needs to be fired she does a poor job. The AP programs at the school are excellent, especially the history, science classes, and 11th english. The school has decent sports and is a unified body. I'm proud to say I am an alumni of this fine establishment and when viewing it's ranking I was astonished to see it ranked under some of the other schools which I would never even consider going to! The teachers and counselors are helpful and the dean of students is very understanding! Send your kids here!

Posted March 18, 2011
Clairemont High School is a good school, their Theater Department is the GREATEST! I am a sophomore at Clairemont and I'm an actress there and honestly their theater department is the GREATEST! Clairemont High School has a good College Academy it's called AOBT "Academy of Business and Technology" and trust me everyone who has been in it has graduated from high school thanks to the teachers who help the students! The teachers are very enthusiastic and they are willing to be there for students!

Clairemont High School 3

Posted May 29, 2009
My child is a senior and most of the teachers are very caring. Head Counselor is fantastic knows her stuff. Principal is unprofessional and abrasive and does not know her students. Parents need to be involved to make positive changes at CHS starting with the principal.

Clairemont High School 2

Posted April 15, 2008
Pathetic/principal and all counsels are jokes but 1. The last 2 years Clairemont High has become one of the worst high schools in the district. Twoteachers are exceptional/rest bad

Posted August 04, 2007
I think Clairemont High School is great. The teachers and coaches hold our kids accountable for their actions. My son is suppose to got to Madison, but I choiced him to Clairemont High. I feel he is safe there. As far as the other parents who complain about drugs - they are at every High School (unfortunately) I believe less so at Clairemont. As far as their kids not getting a good education - the schools cannot do it alone - parents need to be involved - if not at school, the involvement needs to be at home. The athletic program is great and has wonderful parent involvement. Go Chiefs!!!! I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted June 27, 2007
My son has just graduated from Clairemont. It has been a great 4 years. He is headed off to a nice college thanks in part to all the wonderful people at Clairemont High School. It seems that the parents that complain the most are also the ones to busy to volunteer at the school or sit with the children at night and help them.

Clairemont High School 1

Posted June 14, 2007
The education & experience my two children, 1 boy & 1 girl, received was terrible. My children are 2 yrs apart and I have dealt with this school 6 yrs. Most teachers do not care, the principal is not professional by any means. I have a 3rd child, and I have choiced him to another school. I would not recommend this school to any parent that wants their child to have a good education and a good High School experience

Posted June 07, 2006
The education my child has received has been wonderful. He received a scholarship and will succeed after high school. This school has the safety of a higher socio-economic school but tries harder because they have to work hard to balance out the lower scores of needy (special needs) students. Students get hard working staff and a high quality education. Hidden Gem......

Clairemont High School
4150 Ute Drive, San Diego, CA  92117
Last modified Clairemont High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clairemont High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top