San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 10, 2014
The new principal is hard working and very responsive. I went to him with a concern a few weeks after he started and he already knew my son (for good reasons). He always finds time to listen and tries to solve problems. While not always solved to my satisfaction, he makes it work out. The seminar teachers are caring, intelligent people that make learning fun and are the cornerstone of the school. The science teachers and PE teachers are also great. The only problem with this school is the same problem with all public schools . . . common core watering down the learning.

Posted March 14, 2014
The staff here is mostly poor, from the teachers all the way up to the principal. They lack objectivity and are quick to shun any student and/or parent that they do not agree with. The students are out of control most of the time. There are teachers that are playing both social and academic games with the students lives. Do not send your child to this school. Pay for a private school or find an alternative in a different part of the city for the 2 years that your child could be subjected to this chaos.

Correia Middle School 3

Posted December 09, 2013
Having had a solid two years at Dana Middle with some great teachers, my child is disappointed in her classes at Correia. Her math and English teachers are very much into their routines and do not inspire or connect with their students. Her Mandarin teacher is wonderful, and her science class is motivating, but she feels they are just not enough to help her enjoy school like she had in the past. The receptionist is not especially pleasant, but the admin team seems to have a genuine concern for students.

Posted July 07, 2013
I just graduated fron Correia. Hello, I have read some of the reviews on this site complaining and bantering about Correia Middle School. But to be honest, it isnt the bad of a school! It has quite a few student, of all sorts, so your child can easily make friends if need be. But the teachers are very nice, some more than others, just like any school but I had a great connection with my teachers and they were always there to help over E-Mail. I just dont know why everyone doesnt like this school, but it isnt that bad of a school. I had a very positive two years tgere and I promise you will too.

Posted June 24, 2013
Where to begin? Correia falls short in so many ways. Too many students attend this campus. This is the only middle school for the entire OB/Point Loma area. If your student is already strong in academics, then there probably won't be many issues. However, if your child lags behind or needs more one on one instruction, forget about it. Office staff is less than helpful and often downright rude. Forms/paperwork turned in often go missing or never make it to the necessary party. There are limited clubs and student organizations, and no sports offered. Everything about Correia is poorly organized and run. For example, this past school year, the open house was rescheduled at the last minute because of rearranging of teachers/classes (due to staff reduction, I believe) and my son's schedule (and other students) was changed 1 month into the school year! After being in school for a month, kids are starting to get familiar with routines and teachers. This past year was not my first experience with Correia, I have 3 kids all of whom have attended Correia over the years. It has NOT improved one iota in the last 10 years. It has gotten worse. Sadly, I cannot recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 17, 2013
This is the worst Junior High School in San Diego. I am hoping that none of my other grandchildren have to attend this school. The leadership is poor, no control over the children.

Posted May 01, 2013
I am in seventh grade and I hate correia. A lot of the teachers are pretty bad and the school is d-i-s-g-u-t-i-n-g. And there is a lot of bad things that happen or go on at this school like fights and things. A lot of the staff is rude and the teachers are sooo not hands on- they tell you to do something and they expect you to do it perfectly when they have not even gave you any information on it. I do not recommend correia at all.

Correia Middle School 2

Posted March 10, 2013
i fully agree my daughter is so unhappy there i can't wait until they graduate you know they have to have a 2.5 to even walk other schools just 2.0, and the staff is very very rude, just saying!

Posted October 12, 2012
We have had a great experience in two years at Correia. People love to complain about this school, but when we have had any issues at all they have worked diligently to solve them. The principal and staff are very caring. The vast majority of the teachers are great.

Correia Middle School 2

Posted August 31, 2012
Already a problem, and my son hasn't even started yet. My son experienced some personal events before the testing season last year but still managed to score ADVANCED in both Math and Language Arts. He did not make the cut at Correia for the Algebra class. I advocated for him. I let the Principal as well as the 7th grade Algebra teacher aware of the set backs and they still will not take a chance. I am currently looking for a Middle school that will allow him entrance into Algebra.

Correia Middle School
4302 Valeta Street, San Diego, CA  92107
Last modified Correia Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Correia Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top