San Diego, CA

Posted April 10, 2015
The school cultivates a well rounded, creative, fun environment for children to learn. Every morning the kids gather in the schoolyard to jog while listening to music. Perfect way to practice social skills while waking up the brain & excercising. This also gives the parents a chance to meet/participate. Music is encouraged everywhere: Lessons for violin, guitar, recorder, voice, rock band, dance, musicals/acting... Every week there is art, yoga, karate, educational assembles, music, etc. and a ton of after school actives. I appreciate that the focus is on balancing the academic and creative brain. ND

Crown Point Jr Music Academy 4

Posted February 10, 2015
My daughter thrived at this school. There was no library or physcial education. Unfortunatley. But she loved the music and art. Only had 1 questionable teacher out of the 3 and that person is no longer there. Very happy with the 4th/5th grade combo class.

Posted January 26, 2015
I am a CPJMA parent who learned how to play the violin with one of my daughters in Kindergarten. My husband learned how to play it with the older one. Now we can proudly say that they play better than us. Teachers have a lot of experience and they have played an important role in the academic aspect and life of my children. The custodian is the best, always making sure teachers, parents and students have everything they need and that the school is safe and clean. You can feel a friendly atmosphere as soon as you enter our school, when you see parents volunteering even before school rings in the running club every morning, helping teachers in the classrooms during school hours, learning violin with their children, attending parent classes with teachers from the Ballard Parent Center, planning events in PTO meetings, getting involved in ELAC meetings, coffee with the principal, volunteering in the music club afterschool, etc. My children go happy to school every day and I have found a wonderful parent community in it. We are a great school!

Posted January 26, 2015
I am a student at Crown Point Jr. Music Academy. I have been here since preschool, and I feel that this school has been a great experience for me. With programs like the Susuki violin and clubs, such as recorder club, dance club, music club, choir, and music memory, our school has been like a second home to me. I have played violin for 5 years, I play recorder,and enjoy our weekly music class. We have a great staff that work hard to make this school a great place.CPJMA is a fun, safe place . Our school recently started ASB, otherwise known as Associated Student Body, I am part of it, and have found it a great learning experience. Every single teacher works hard to teach and every day we learn somthing new. If you are looking for a fun, safe ,learning enviorment, then this is the place!! This is a GREAT school, with a GREAT staff, GREAT teachers, and a GREAT principal!!!

Posted January 26, 2015
I'm a CPJMA parent who learned violin with one of our two daughters. My husband learned to play it with the older one. We can know proudly say that they play better than us. I love the teachers and all the staff who work here. All of them do a great team. Our custodian is the best, he makes sure that teachers, parents and students have everything they need and that the school always is safe and clean. As soon as you enter our school you can feel a friendly atmosphere as you see parents volunteering even before the school rings in the running club every morning, in the classrooms during school hours, learning violin with their children, participating in parent classes from the Ballard Parent University, planning events in PTO meetings, or getting involved with ELAC, coffee with the principal, etc.. Our afterschool programs are great and each day there are more ideas and parents involved to do this school even better!

Posted December 21, 2014
Principal works hard, BSS works hard, teachers work hard, office staff works hard, PTO works hard. Students learn. This is a great school

Posted November 26, 2014
I love this school! The teachers are wonderful, and the office staff is very friendly, helpful, and professional. The criticism of Mrs. Bartolini is not fair. If anyone has a complaint about class size, they should complain to the school board and not blame her. I am particularly excited about the Suzuki Violin program. We are so fortunate to have Mr. Luchs as our teacher. My Kindergarten daughter will be starting instruction after the Thanksgiving Holiday. This is after two months of parent instruction. A few months ago I couldn't imagine that I would be playing violin, but I can actually play! Parent participation is required for 1st year K, 1, and 2 students. 3d, 4th and 5th grade violin students do not require parent participation but parents are always welcome and encouraged to come to class. When you come visit our wonderful school, you will sense a family atmosphere. There is no other school like it.

Crown Point Jr Music Academy 1

Posted November 25, 2014
This school has gone about as low as possible. The new PTO President is as rude as they come, the Principal is overfilling classrooms severely. There is very little supervision during lunch and recess to the point of students getting injured by things that could be prevented had there been more supervision. My daughters friend is a special needs student and she got hit in the face by a basketball Being used for four square. That is against the rules that were sent home! Had there maybe been one more person on the playground supervising, that may not have happened. One girl who is supervising doesn't do a thing. She just stands around. Her work is so sloppy one of the ladies in the office has to help with buses now because the other lady is too slow! So when the office worker goes to buses, there's one worker for the office FULL of parents!! I'm fed up and I too will be calling the Quality Assurance office.There is a whole group of us making a call to Quality Assurance of we don't see some changes soon. Hopefully that starts with more supervision, smaller class sizes and a stern talking to the PTO President so she won't be as rude to families and volunteers.

Crown Point Jr Music Academy 2

Posted November 25, 2014
New Principal is unprofessional and a disappointment. Lacks communication skills and many parents left this school year because of her.

Posted October 17, 2014
Unless you actually work at an elementary school and know the hard work that goes on in the beginning of the school year, then please do not post any negative comments. Office staff has only 2 weeks to prepare for the school year. Teachers return a week before school starts, but come in on their vacation time to set up their classrooms!! And not to mention there are only 2 staff members in the office working their butts off to get all the students in class rosters, preparing for the Back to School event, making sure the school is nice and neat, and follow up on hundreds of email and district work that comes in over the summer! I know because I'm on the PTO and I see the all the work they have to do to prepare for the opening of a new school year. They are always looking for volunteers to help make each year successful and run a lot smoother. Step up and volunteer! THIS SCHOOL IS THE BEST SCHOOL MY DAUGHTER HAS EVER BEEN AT. GREAT STAFF, GREAT LEADER, GREAT TEACHERS, AND A GREAT STRONG PTO.

Crown Point Jr Music Academy
4033 Ingraham Street, San Diego, CA  92109
Last modified Crown Point Jr Music Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crown Point Jr Music Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top