Posted December 21, 2014
Principal works hard, BSS works hard, teachers work hard, office staff works hard, PTO works hard. Students learn. This is a great school

Posted November 26, 2014
I love this school! The teachers are wonderful, and the office staff is very friendly, helpful, and professional. The criticism of Mrs. Bartolini is not fair. If anyone has a complaint about class size, they should complain to the school board and not blame her. I am particularly excited about the Suzuki Violin program. We are so fortunate to have Mr. Luchs as our teacher. My Kindergarten daughter will be starting instruction after the Thanksgiving Holiday. This is after two months of parent instruction. A few months ago I couldn't imagine that I would be playing violin, but I can actually play! Parent participation is required for 1st year K, 1, and 2 students. 3d, 4th and 5th grade violin students do not require parent participation but parents are always welcome and encouraged to come to class. When you come visit our wonderful school, you will sense a family atmosphere. There is no other school like it.

Posted November 25, 2014
This school has gone about as low as possible. The new PTO President is as rude as they come, the Principal is overfilling classrooms severely. There is very little supervision during lunch and recess to the point of students getting injured by things that could be prevented had there been more supervision. My daughters friend is a special needs student and she got hit in the face by a basketball Being used for four square. That is against the rules that were sent home! Had there maybe been one more person on the playground supervising, that may not have happened. One girl who is supervising doesn't do a thing. She just stands around. Her work is so sloppy one of the ladies in the office has to help with buses now because the other lady is too slow! So when the office worker goes to buses, there's one worker for the office FULL of parents!! I'm fed up and I too will be calling the Quality Assurance office.There is a whole group of us making a call to Quality Assurance of we don't see some changes soon. Hopefully that starts with more supervision, smaller class sizes and a stern talking to the PTO President so she won't be as rude to families and volunteers.
2 people found this helpful

Crown Point Jr Music Academy 2

Posted November 25, 2014
New Principal is unprofessional and a disappointment. Lacks communication skills and many parents left this school year because of her.

Posted October 17, 2014
Unless you actually work at an elementary school and know the hard work that goes on in the beginning of the school year, then please do not post any negative comments. Office staff has only 2 weeks to prepare for the school year. Teachers return a week before school starts, but come in on their vacation time to set up their classrooms!! And not to mention there are only 2 staff members in the office working their butts off to get all the students in class rosters, preparing for the Back to School event, making sure the school is nice and neat, and follow up on hundreds of email and district work that comes in over the summer! I know because I'm on the PTO and I see the all the work they have to do to prepare for the opening of a new school year. They are always looking for volunteers to help make each year successful and run a lot smoother. Step up and volunteer! THIS SCHOOL IS THE BEST SCHOOL MY DAUGHTER HAS EVER BEEN AT. GREAT STAFF, GREAT LEADER, GREAT TEACHERS, AND A GREAT STRONG PTO.

Posted September 04, 2014
UPDATE to my Aug 22 review. I have decided to change my rating of this school to one star due to numerous issues we personally had with the organization and administration upon the start of the school year. In short, assumptions were made about our status (i.e. "we thought you transferred") even though we had filled out all the proper paperwork last spring. Our kids were not assigned a class on Back to School night. We had to fight to get a class assignment, then within the first 3 days of school found it all both class assignments were wrong. Class sizes exceed the state requirements. We have contacted the Quality Assurance office about our concerns. Please note this rating has nothing to do with the teachers our kids have had this year, just the management and administration.

Posted August 24, 2014
This used to be an amazing little school with dedicated parents and a strong principle but ever since Muriel Bartolini came along there is tension amongst the staff and nearly every family that worked tirelessly for this school has gone elsewhere. We used to have a strong PTO/PTA but with Muriel in charge, parents efforts there are ignored and Muriel really only cares for her own agenda. I moved my daughter to Kate Sessions after being with CPJMA since she was in preschool. Last year my daughter's classroom had many children with extreme behavioral issues and I voiced my concern many times for additional classroom support. Muriel sat with me in face-to-face meetings, told me she would provide the support and never did. Then as an attempt to punish the children misbehaving (I believe it was the negative school environment causing many of the behaviors) my daughter's entire class was banned from end of year field trips. My daughter won awards that year, why should she have missed field trips? I met with Muriel again and she said all the children would absolutely go on the field trips and she agreed with me. But then when the time came to go, our kids missed out. Avoid this school.

Posted August 24, 2014
If you're someone who expects friendly office staff, a principle with strong leadership skills who is an effective communicator, and a school that supports your child's education and developmental needs, LOOK ELSEWHERE! My daughter has a medical condition which requires her to use the bathroom at least every two hours during the school day. I spoke with the principle and her teachers about the matter, I even received an email response from Mrs. Bartolini herself stating that everyone understood and that my daughter would always be able to use the bathroom as often as she needed. I can't express how many times my child came home from school wet, with stories about how the teachers would flat out tell her no, she couldn't use the bathroom. After speaking with Mrs. Bartolini and being assured that my daughter's medical issues would be swept under the rug, my daughter came home and told me the music teachers told her no she couldn't use the bathroom and stated, "If you needed to go so bad you should have went at recess." My poor child! She came home so many times in tears because no one would let her use the restroom. I feel bad for all of the children at CPJMA, thank god we left!

Posted August 15, 2014
Crown Point Jr. Music Academy is a wonderful neighborhood school with excellence teachers and parents. There are many great things going on at this school especially this past year with our new principal, Ms. Bartolini. She has done so many amazing things to beautifying the school. We strongly recommend this school to any family that wants their children to have a strong academic and music exposure.

Posted August 13, 2014
CPJMA is a great school!!! Plus, what other school provides so many after school music and dance programs for FREE. Nothing in this world is ever perfect, but the staff works really hard to do the best they can with what they got. Schools aren't the same as they were before with all the many changes that happen each year and so much funding being taken away from schools. More than ever this next school year is one where teachers, staff, students, and parents need to UNITE. Join their PTO and make a difference!

Crown Point Jr Music Academy
4033 Ingraham Street, San Diego, CA  92109
Last modified Crown Point Jr Music Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crown Point Jr Music Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top