Bad
Good

My friend says that it is a good school and wants me to come to Darnell. The reason why he wants me to go to this school is because of how their teachers are really nice. I also have heard that Darnell's punishments are kind of healthy. Studies have shown that having sunlight can also help grow, so I guess Darnell Charter School is just trying to help the students there. Overall this, it is a good school and am hoping to come to this school.

Teachers should stop punishing the kids by putting them out in the playground for 15 to 20 minutes out in the sun. One of these days you guys will get a law suit by one of the parents if anything happens to a kid. Also need to let the kids go to the restroom no matter what. You guys are a bad school.. I wouldn't recommend you has a good school to another parent...

Darnall Charter In my opinion it should be closed down there is no principal nobody is running the school the administration at the school is a joke. But it has some good teachers teachers but overall it's a nightmare. Last year kids in the lunch room were making too much noise so the lunch lady jumped up on the table and screamed shut up a few kids were making the noise but all were punished all the kids by taking them out to the playground and making them stand for 20 minutes in the hot sun without water or bathroom breaks that sounds like Cruel and unusual punishment. It was a good school three year ago

My child has been attending this school for several years now and just when I think Darnall will get it together, they go and add a middle school to the mix. The bullying that goes on is ridiculous! A middle school student broke another student's nose and he was suspended, not expelled! What a joke! To have K-5 on the same property with 6-8, it should be a no nonsense school! A lot staff members have children who attend this school and they abide by their own rules. Whether it showing up 10-20 min late for school everyday, and not being required to fill out a tardy slip. Or, the school nurse buying nachos for her niece in elementary when they are only allowed to be purchased by the middle school students. Thankfully, each year that we've attended this school, we have been fortunate enough to have a great teacher! It's the rest of the staff that needs to be cleansed. If I could do it all again, I would send my child to Hearst.

Both I and my child have had a great experience at Darnall. Their bilingual program (Spanish/English) is excellent. My child, as well as her classmates in 3rd grade, can read and write in both English and Spanish. The teachers are wonderful and very caring. The staff is friendly. She has learned a lot, including hands-on art, music and computer.

My son went there from k - 6 and I loved it...he is fluent in Spanish and English thanks to the great teachers he had....work at home is necessary but the teachers play a big role....I surtantlly recommend it..

The school needs to reform starting with administration. Too many family members of students as well as staff are employed at the school. Therefore, interest seems to focus on which ever adult has more family members employed at Darnall. Students tend to promote from 6th grade unprepared for the rigorous academics of middle school. One plus is the academic program called Prime Time. It really is something special

In the past few years Darnall has really changed. My kids went there and disappointed in leadership and accountability of the school and staff. Seems like there needs to be more training for staff and administrative support. No programs for enrichment of students. Needs improvement starting with the main director

My daughter started school there she is now in the 5th grade,my son is in 1st grade and I just I love this school the teachers are great never had a problem with my kids education!!!

I like this school alot , but i think that the school should enforce a school uniform policy for everyone.

Last modified Darnall Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.