Bad
Good

This is a great school considering it's a affiliated to a large Public School District. We relocated from New England to San Diego due to the Military. My son was starting 7th grade with an IEP and my daughter is Gen Ed in 6th. I began calling the schools to get them enrolled in July and no one answered for weeks which worried me because I did not want them to attend Farb due to the rating that that school had. When they had open registration, I requested De Portola but was told they probably would not have room. Based on what I heard, when the Principal of De Portola went to the administration to pick up the packets of the new students, He took everyone that wanted to attend his school!!! This was an A++++ in my book!!! So thrilled!!! It's a big school, and you need to stay on your kids and assist the staff with teaching your children. They have new online grading system that you can access anytime to assist you in making sure your kids are doing what they are suppose to be doing. Many of the teachers rally around the kids and the support is great if your an involved parent with your kids learning! Love this school, and would recommend it as the best Middle school in SD!!!

De Portola Middle School is place of learning and fun at the same time. Everyone who goes to Deportola ,including me, are really nice people. Some people help you with your homework, some will invite you to play sports during lunch, and the club are really fun. Five stars up!!!!

This is our first year, and so far I'm thrilled with the staff, activities, and everything in general :)

I went to this school in 1996 and back then I was an awesome school it had an after scool Judo Program during school you had lots of activities as well as an great educational program. Every friday had activties during lunch that everyone enjoyed sitting on the grass if you wanted. Very nice school to got to.

I currently go to De Portola. This school is WAAAAAACK! The 8th grade teachers don't care at all! My 7th grade teachers were WAAAAAY better!

i beg and plead and cried my mom to go to this school and she is sill thinking about so god oh god please let my mom send me to this school. and so far i have looked in the website and i want to go there so bad. it is one excellent school. the school year of being a fifth grader is almost over so tik tok tik tok LETS GO!!!

Best ever I love this school !!!!!! Farb has nothing compared to this school! All I'm saying is that this school is better than farb more space and better avid

my son attends De Portola middle. He is the the 7th grade and I must say it seems that the 6th grade teachers are more involved than the 7th grade teachers. The ones my son has dont seem to care very much about the students academic progress.

My son is in 6th grade. He had a rough time at the beginning of the school year with the transition of elementary to the workload and structure of middle school, BUT with the constant communication with his teachers and with their encouragment and offering of extra help before and after school, he's excelling in all subjects and no longer needs extra help. Math was never his best subject and he dreaded doing math homework in elementary, but he's now maintaining a B and is excited about the subject. I credit this to his teacher!! I would highly recommend this school to EVERYONE!!

This is the better of the 2 Middle Schools in the neighborhood, so I guess I can't complain too much. We are finishing up our 3rd year and feel that our student received a decent education but the teachers could have communicated a little better when our child's grades took a nose dive. I have 2 or 3 favorite teachers there but most of them were cold and impersonal when we tried to talk with them about issues. Many students at this school take advantage of the lack of supervision during P.E. This is when the kids think they can get away with cussing and bullying, and they sure do! We are hoping HS will be better.

Last modified De Portola Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.