San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2013
This is a horrible school. My daughters teacher would talk about things in front of me...regarding missing books ect i had no idea about.. and treat me like I was a child...when she should have pulled me aside and spoke with me privately.. After my daughter left the school and I had to return for a meeting...the teacher sat there with her arms crossed while her and the principal would exchange weird looks with each other...very weird energy.I didn't like it. I think some of these people at these schools think they are above you...have no respect you are the adult and the parent and they label you for being different and then smile in your face. The speech therapist seems to be the only notable person at this school and nonjudgmental. Edison also needs a playground for the kids to play on...they have one that the kindergarteners are only allowed to play on...no baseball field and its located next to an adult book shop and strip club...they cannot get the strip club out of there because of zoning laws...

Posted January 04, 2012
Hi, Edison Eementray is a wonderful school I have two childern that go to this school. My son has adhd and had to repeat the frist grade over. He has done a wonderful job this yr he will be going to the second grade which is GREAT! The teachers give a enough home and they also push them to do a wonderful job. I only have one neg comment I just wish it was in a better area!!

Posted June 29, 2010
i love this school they help my son freddy a lot thank you ms castaneda and mr farias

Edison Elementary School 2

Posted January 26, 2009
My son goes here and is in a special day class. It is not our home school ( our home school doesn't offer a special day class ) His teacher is awesome! I don't have the words to express how gratefull I am for her being in his life. The test scores are well below average but I think its due to the geographic area. It is a low income area where most children are hearing English for the first. The Principle is great! She goes to all the classrooms and knows the students. The teachers here are extremely hard working as well - they have to work twice as hard with these students and they care deeply about every student. I would just never choice my child into this school.

Posted August 23, 2008
My son attends Edison. He had attended another school, but we moved. At the other school the teachers weren't really trying to help(my son has a speech delay.). So he wasn't able to keep up with the rest of his class. When we moved and switched his school to Edison, he just bloomed! He was really enjoying learning! His speech improved, he learned to read, his writing got so much better, etc. I really love the school. It's also VERY family friendly. Switching to Edison was the best thing for my child!

Edison Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2005

Edison Elementary School 1

Posted January 12, 2004

Edison Elementary School
4077 35th Street, San Diego, CA  92104
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Edison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top