San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 31, 2013
Encanto is an Achieving School with an API of 800+. (test scores). Encanto has raised achievement every year. We have a principal who has turned this school around in the last 4 years.

Posted December 02, 2011
I love this school now and what potential it has ever since the present principal took over. The school has amazing technology for students, the teachers have been excellent and the principal has turned the school around 100 percent in a wonderful direction. Test scores, grades and attendance are up. A new coat of paint and murals and the school looks awesome. I'm now proud that my daughter excels in the GATE program at Encanto Elementary. The school also has more parents participating and volunteering which is awesome. :)

Posted December 02, 2011
I love the school and this year there has been more parent participation and fundraising. I was leary after I read some of the reviews on here but the school has turned out AWESOME! I am very impressed with the Activboards and such that they have in each classroom. Seems like the teachers are very good as well. My child thinks the world of her teacher. I can't say enough good things.

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted December 20, 2008
My daughters both presently attend Encanto Elementary and I am very satisfied with the staff the school is great

Posted March 27, 2007
I think that the Encanto Elementary School staff is doing great in achieving their educational goals. Most of the teachers are dedicated to their students and care for their well being. I think that the only problem the school is facing is that it needs more parent participation. If some parents where to put more effort in their children's education, I guarantee we will see progress. The more the parents are involved with the staff, the more the students will benefit. Everybody just has to work together.

Encanto Elementary School 2

Posted December 13, 2006

Posted May 06, 2006

Encanto Elementary School 1

Posted May 03, 2006
Encanto is a huge elementary school catering to over 900 students from pre-school - 5th grade. The school has alot to desire. It did not meet my child's needs. I had difficulty with the teachers there ever since my child started KG. My child is now in 3rd. grade and is not there by choice. We have finally gotten accepted to another san diego elem. school that offers music programs for all grade levels, offers The Arts in Drama, and really neat science clubs. This is nothing like Encanto. The teachers at encanto lack respect towards children, and seem to not enjoy their given talent for teaching, which is very dissapointing. It is at the bottom of the shark tank in #1 as one of the worst testing API schools in San Diego. I wouldn't recommend this school.

Posted September 27, 2005
Programs have improved in the last year. Having the new principal and more parents involved has helped. The teachers are good.

Encanto Elementary School
822 65th Street, San Diego, CA  92114
Last modified Encanto Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Encanto Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top