San Diego, CA

Posted August 31, 2013
Encanto is an Achieving School with an API of 800+. (test scores). Encanto has raised achievement every year. We have a principal who has turned this school around in the last 4 years.

Posted December 02, 2011
I love this school now and what potential it has ever since the present principal took over. The school has amazing technology for students, the teachers have been excellent and the principal has turned the school around 100 percent in a wonderful direction. Test scores, grades and attendance are up. A new coat of paint and murals and the school looks awesome. I'm now proud that my daughter excels in the GATE program at Encanto Elementary. The school also has more parents participating and volunteering which is awesome. :)

Posted December 02, 2011
I love the school and this year there has been more parent participation and fundraising. I was leary after I read some of the reviews on here but the school has turned out AWESOME! I am very impressed with the Activboards and such that they have in each classroom. Seems like the teachers are very good as well. My child thinks the world of her teacher. I can't say enough good things.

Encanto Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2008
My daughters both presently attend Encanto Elementary and I am very satisfied with the staff the school is great

Posted March 27, 2007
I think that the Encanto Elementary School staff is doing great in achieving their educational goals. Most of the teachers are dedicated to their students and care for their well being. I think that the only problem the school is facing is that it needs more parent participation. If some parents where to put more effort in their children's education, I guarantee we will see progress. The more the parents are involved with the staff, the more the students will benefit. Everybody just has to work together.

Posted May 03, 2006
Encanto is a huge elementary school catering to over 900 students from pre-school - 5th grade. The school has alot to desire. It did not meet my child's needs. I had difficulty with the teachers there ever since my child started KG. My child is now in 3rd. grade and is not there by choice. We have finally gotten accepted to another san diego elem. school that offers music programs for all grade levels, offers The Arts in Drama, and really neat science clubs. This is nothing like Encanto. The teachers at encanto lack respect towards children, and seem to not enjoy their given talent for teaching, which is very dissapointing. It is at the bottom of the shark tank in #1 as one of the worst testing API schools in San Diego. I wouldn't recommend this school.

Encanto Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2005
Programs have improved in the last year. Having the new principal and more parents involved has helped. The teachers are good.

Posted August 18, 2005
This school and is located in an urban neighborhood and the administration has NO Concept of how to deal with the children to help them all succeed except by 'getting rid' of the children with numerous suspensions. My advice to any parent to to remove your child a school where the administration cares about helping the children become more successful than the test scores.

Encanto Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2005
Encanto is a low performing school as is documented in their test scores - however it does have several teachers that are very dedicated to the students. You need to do the work to ensure that your child is in one of these classes. Admin is not the greatest and is more concerned with keeping their jobs and flying under the radar (not suspending for serious offenses so that they are not penalized with the district) rather than doing what is right for the safety and education of the students as a whole. Very little follow through with consequences, and very few consequences at that.

Posted May 08, 2005
We had a hard time at this school when we moved from El Cajon (Flying Hills Elementary School) My son was to attend Encanto Elementary. Needless to say the school is in a low income neighborhood. Every day my son was picked on after school. There was no supervision except a police officer a block away. Nobody ever saw anything going on with my son because there was never anybody after school to watch these kids. Bottom line, I finally got there attention and had my son move to another classroom away from these bullies. I tried to get a transfer and they told me no. We received a letter in the mail stating that there test scores were so low that if we wanted to transfer our students that they would okay it. It's funny how that worked out.

Encanto Elementary School
822 65th Street, San Diego, CA  92114
Last modified Encanto Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Encanto Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top