San Diego, CA

Posted February 27, 2015
this school is full of great teachers and staff members. There is also great students at this school too.

Posted February 27, 2015
I love this school expecailly the pe My teacher is awesome and fun and sporty .i love it

Posted February 27, 2015
I love all the staff and the small school feel. This feels more like a private school.

Posted February 27, 2015
As a teacher at Farb Middle School, I am truly in awe of how much the staff and administration truly cares about the students and their future. We are all doing our best to not only encourage our students to be college bound, but we are also showing them the path and giving them the tools to make it happen! We strive to be welcoming and make all lof our new students feel comfortable so they can get on track with their path to success. GO FIREBIRDS!!

Posted February 27, 2015
my sccool is a great school to got to because there is plenty of oppertunities where you can find new friends. We are college bound and get you ready for college with an elective called AVID. AVID means Advanced Via Indivisual Determination. We take cornell notes which helps us kids understand pur subject/topic better with the questions and summary. So I strongly encourage you to come to our school where you can learn, stay focused and organized.

Posted February 07, 2015
I love Farb Middle School. Everyone here makes you feel welcome and the teachers are great here they really care! I walked into De Portola and I felt like I didn't belong there. When I went into the office no one helped me. They looked at me like oh well. I had to say something to them like can someone help me.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 28, 2015
I love Farb. We moved to San Diego this summer and I picked Farb for my 7th graders middle school. We had the option to go to the other local middle school but because of its size and warmth I chose Farb. She started the second day of school and the staff was sure to make sure she knew where to go and even found a great group of students willing to help my daughter learn how to get around the school. There are all types of kids that go to this school and I am positive your child will find someone to connect with. This is an AVID Demonstration School and if you don't know what that is (like I didn't) be sure to ask or look it up. It will help your child excel in highschool and college. This is an awesome program. Lastly, if you are reading all the reviews please check the dates on those reviews as the leadership has changed in the past recent years and you will see that the negative reviews for this school do not appear in these current years. As a parent you will know that this is the right choice for your middle school son or daughter.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 14, 2014
We moved my son from Rio Seco school in Santee to get away from bully issues. My son was severely depressed and his academics suffered. The students and staff welcomed us in an my son became an honor student he has a tight group of a dozen friends and his outlook is promising. This is an Avid demonstration school and I feel these students are better prepared for the future.

Posted November 08, 2013
We are moving and I want to take this school with us. Too many parents choice their kids out instead of having them go to neighborhood schools right around where we live. I chose to have them go to their neighborhood school - Farb Middle School. I have two boys with totally different needs. I have a son with disabilities and needs extra help and to be in classes that fit him. Then I have a son who needs to be challenged. He is in 6 grade and is in pre-algebra and has a 97% in class and is challenged. I love all the teachers my children have had. I love the staff here at Farb. Mrs. Anita in the front is amazing. She has a warm smile and loves the students that walk in to see her. But all the office staff care about the students and their needs. The key is opening your mouth, no one can read minds. Be active. Principal, Mrs. Rizzo cares so much about each of the children at school. When she says her door is always open she means it. This school has many clubs - Club Hero, Bully Buster, Chess, Homework Club, Science Club, Robotics, Support Group, Book Club, and an Art Club and an after school program called Primetime. Mr. Ivan is great. Farb Middle school is WONDERFUL.

Farb Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
This is a small school so the ratio of student teacher is great. The teachers are all friendly and easy to contact in case I need to speak with them. I like that they are an AVID school.

Farb Middle School