Posted August 14, 2014
We moved my son from Rio Seco school in Santee to get away from bully issues. My son was severely depressed and his academics suffered. The students and staff welcomed us in an my son became an honor student he has a tight group of a dozen friends and his outlook is promising. This is an Avid demonstration school and I feel these students are better prepared for the future.

Posted November 08, 2013
We are moving and I want to take this school with us. Too many parents choice their kids out instead of having them go to neighborhood schools right around where we live. I chose to have them go to their neighborhood school - Farb Middle School. I have two boys with totally different needs. I have a son with disabilities and needs extra help and to be in classes that fit him. Then I have a son who needs to be challenged. He is in 6 grade and is in pre-algebra and has a 97% in class and is challenged. I love all the teachers my children have had. I love the staff here at Farb. Mrs. Anita in the front is amazing. She has a warm smile and loves the students that walk in to see her. But all the office staff care about the students and their needs. The key is opening your mouth, no one can read minds. Be active. Principal, Mrs. Rizzo cares so much about each of the children at school. When she says her door is always open she means it. This school has many clubs - Club Hero, Bully Buster, Chess, Homework Club, Science Club, Robotics, Support Group, Book Club, and an Art Club and an after school program called Primetime. Mr. Ivan is great. Farb Middle school is WONDERFUL.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is a small school so the ratio of student teacher is great. The teachers are all friendly and easy to contact in case I need to speak with them. I like that they are an AVID school.

Farb Middle School 3

Posted July 08, 2013
Farb has been an eye opener for me. We are a military family and I thought this would be a plus as the school is located near military housing and it's close enough for my daughter to walk every day. The school definitely needs updating, and from the outside looks like a prison. I will say the teachers have been communicative and let me know that my daughter's grades slipped, but I really have to take time and stay on things myself. As a parent of a child who has struggled academically, I take my share of the blame and am willing to do whatever it takes to help my child succeed and it really helps when a teacher is also committed to helping your child succeed. Most of the teachers there are pretty decent people who are just overworked and over run with way too many kids. And the kids there...my goodness, I don't know how they are able to come to school with dirty clothing, looking so very unkempt, obviously in need of attention, so they do whatever it takes to get that attention in school. I'm probably going to enroll my daughter in a charter or private school, but I really can't say anything terrible about the teachers. Just the environment itself is "hood".

Farb Middle School 1

Posted March 04, 2013
In reviewing Farb Middle School for an option for a middle school, had to give it a pass. Although it has nice athletic fields, we were not impressed with the student body that attend there. They were: obnoxious, slovenly dressed, mostly minorities bused in from other areas.The school had an overall prison feel about it. Very dated, with old stucco, stencil signage, and concrete as far as the eye can see. Public school at it's worst! I was also not impressed with the teachers, who appear to be doing just enough to get their chin over the bar, and collect their pensions. We have many options for schooling in 92124, if you want a safe, inspiring, place for your kids to learn and grow - scratch this concrete jungle off your list.

Posted August 23, 2012
My son excelled because of the awesome teachers at Farb! This school is nothing like the other BUT this school is fantastic in its own right. Don't hesitate to enroll your children at this school.

Farb Middle School 3

Posted August 07, 2011
I am a student at farb middle school and im in 7th grade there is some inapropriate language but were middle schoolers what do you except. But i've moved here from the south coast. and i know alot more than this school and i never get H.w from any of my classes except for reading. This you should concider

Posted July 20, 2011
My daughter, who transfered mid-year 7th grade, was recognized by her teacher to need a better math class! She is now a 3.8 GPA student in honors classes. I can not say enough positive things about her teachers and Mrs. Levy, the principal, and Mr Neil the VP. They are amazing, and like family! And in only a year and a half.

Farb Middle School 1

Posted May 23, 2011
Horrible.. horrible.. horrible!! The bullying at Farb is out of control. There is not enough staff to keep an eye on the kids and when a child who is bullied happens to stand up for themselves they are the ones who are disciplined. They are more worried about public displays of affection and who is wearing drooping pants then actually taking the time to suspend the bullies. I wish we would have CHOICED our child to DePortola when we had the chance. Oh and the offenders are the kids that get bussed in from the low income areas who are rude and their language is disgusting. Welcome to San Diego people and good luck if your child happens to attend Farb. You will need it!

Posted March 17, 2011
My daughter has attended Farb middle for the past 3 years.Farb middle has definately made an impact on my daughters performance and development . The farb staff and teachers have been instrumental in my daughters outlook on education! I am thankful that the teachers care about education and do not give up, while undergoing district changes. If i had to change anything about the schoold would be the time school starts but other than it is a great school and you should definately consider it.

Farb Middle School