Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 16, 2016
My husband and I are both teachers. After significant research, we chose Field Elementary for our son's transitional kindergarten (TK) year. They offer a Spanish Two-way Bilingual Immersion Program that has turned out to be WONDERFUL! The school itself is an organized, pleasant, academically driven environment. The principal, Mrs. Griffiths, is professional and on top of everything. The teachers I've met are well-trained and very positive. Although we had considered the immersion programs at Longfellow and the Language Academy, I am so happy we settled on Field. The immersion program at Field is new; it will be TK-3rd grade in the 2016-2017 school year, but is adding a grade each year. However, they offer a truly rigorous and engaging curriculum that gives students personalized support. Our son loves it and he is already reading, writing, speaking, and comprehending far more Spanish than I had anticipated! He also seems to be learning the core curriculum (e.g. math, science, social studies, etc.) very well. The other parents I talk to are also extremely pleased with the school and the immersion program. I have to say that Katherine Aud is a particularly amazing teacher, too! I look forward to my son continuing in the immersion program as it grows through 5th grade.

Posted June 09, 2015
My son is in Preschool, special needs class. Teacher, Miss Dana and Miss M always give us Happy feeling with kind care. I can totally trust them. Great teacher, Great classroom. All Kids always happy. Principal is nice woman too. Preschool program is best around the area!

Posted June 08, 2015
My boy/girl twins had two fantastic years of preschool at Field (2013-2015). Their preschool teacher, Dana Cloutier, was truly remarkable. She was responsive, professional, creative and caring. Ms. Dana was undaunted by my twins' special needs; as a result, they made tremendous progress. Truly, she makes this school great!

Posted April 29, 2015
This school has come a long way! There was some turbulence for a couple of years but all of that has changed. The school has two excellent programs- an English-only program and a Spanish / English Dual Immersion program for both English and Spanish speakers. Both programs provide rigor and push their students to reach the new Common Core State Standards. The PTA is organized and offers many family and community events. There are lots of enrichment opportunities for students before and after school. The teachers, staff and principal are friendly and supportive. Field is a great school!

Posted February 10, 2015
My son is in the State Preschool, 2014/2015, special education section. It's a fantastic program with a great teacher, Ms Dana. We have been excited about his progress in this great program. All the volunteers seem nice. Front office staff are friendly.

Posted February 07, 2014
My child is in the dual immersion program this year for kindergarten. The teacher is amazing and my child is learning to read and write in Spanish. I highly recommend this program.

Posted March 25, 2012
The Kindergarten teachers are the best at this school! They go above and beyond what they are required to do. They are always available to help . My child has learned so much this year.

Posted February 12, 2012
It's important that people inquire about schools in person. Many of the "concerns" stated here are inaccurate, and of course, those reading can only see an upset parent's perspective. Please, visit our school and make up your own mind about the staff and the school environment. That's the ONLY way to find out if a school will be "great" to you!!

Field Elementary School 2

Posted February 10, 2012
I have one daughter in 1st grade and one daughter in kindergarten. Their teachers are rude and yell at them most the time. They don't learn much from school, I have to send them to private tutor. My daughters use curse words when they come home.

Posted August 18, 2008
I was a student at field ever sence I had first started school. This school is one of the best school in the San Diego Scool Distrect. They have taught me well, and helped me when I needed it. Also Field has a 6 to 6 program. I went to the 6 to 6 and it was great. The staff are really nice. All the tearchers at Field are the best. I would recommend this school to anybodys children.

Field Elementary School
4375 Bannock Avenue, San Diego, CA  92117
Last modified Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Field Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top