Posted April 28, 2014
Benjamin Franklin, San Diego, Ca. I attended from 1957 through 1960, and I have fond memories.

Posted June 15, 2013
Part of a group of Kensington Preschool parents committed to supporting our local elementary school. We look forward to our child attending Franklin this fall!

Posted August 20, 2012
I am so happy to hear that Franklin Elementary is now a dual track school! Now that students can go directly to Patrick Henry High School without having to worry about applying and being accepted through the Choice program, we will be sending our children to Franklin. I love that they will be going to our neighborhood school.

Posted August 05, 2012
The School Board has approved a dual track for Franklin graduates, meaning that students can opt to enter Lewis Middle School and then Patrick Henry High School as well as the traditional track. The API scores have been revised upward to 831, so these three schools (Franklin, Lewis and Henry) have 10 out of 10 similar school rankings. The new Principal brings a lot of experience, knowledge and ideas, and there are many new programs. The school garden has received a $2000 Whole Foods grant and the school is partnering with the Copley Y for many in-school and after school programs, including swim lessons. This school is a great one for all K-5 students!

Posted May 22, 2012
We just moved into the neighborhood and we are excited to send our children to Franklin next year. The Principal was very kind and our children just adored him right from the start. We are excited about the smaller class sizes, Weekly Art classes and after school programs that they will offer next year!

Franklin Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2012
Some teachers in this school should be re-evaluated. Students should be awarded based on their academic performance and not on mere teacher's choice. Academic performance is where the competition is and it is what the student hopes for to be recognized. How can you award a student who just attend class and do not excel on anything? The criteria to award students is on the school manual and yet it is not being observed. It is a waste of talent for a student to attend this kind of school!

Posted February 11, 2012
We are new to Franklin Elementary. I am amazed that with all the budget cuts going on in education, Franklin has so much to offer! Students receive weekly art classes, unique P.E. activities such as yoga with a professional instructor, 5th grade dodge ball, and swim lessons for 1st and 2nd graders (for FREE), La Jolla Playhouse opportunities, and field trips for every class (paid for by the PTO)! The academic rigor is top notch: my Kindergartner is already reading at a 1st grade level. They are even starting a school garden. I love all the community activities and parent involvement. We just went to Family Movie Night in the Auditorium and had a blast! Overall, we couldn't be happier with our choice.

Posted January 18, 2012
Awesome School small classes friendly staff and very active parents! It is my child's first year and I could not be happier with my choice!

Posted October 25, 2011
I would give Franklin Elementary school a 100% rating. I went there from 2nd-6th grade. (1957-1962). I attended the 80th anniversary of the school in 2009 and was amazed to find my 6th grade teacher, Mr. Holmes, in attendance. This made my day. I know he was a pivotal point in my life as a student and many of the things he said, I remember to this day. The school still seems to have the community flavor and spirit that it did then, and there is a real feeling of togetherness and camraderie between the staff (present and past). and the community. Please keep Franklin as an elementary school for this and following generations.

Posted October 24, 2011
Franklin is a great school, with strong community support. I've been a reading volunteer in Mrs. Knapp's 1st grade class at Franklin for over a decade, and am not only impressed but in awe with the quality education these children receive.

Franklin Elementary School
4481 Copeland Avenue, San Diego, CA  92116
Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top