San Diego, CA

Posted May 29, 2015
We have been at this school since 2007 & my last child will graduate in 2016. This school has continuously strived to be the best school it can be. Between family nights, volunteer days & the great garden that not only is beautiful & educational but then all food grown is either served for lunch or given to families to take home & enjoy. Gage will always be our home school

Posted May 14, 2015
I am happy that we decided to attend our neighborhood school. The PTA is absolutely wonderful...from movie nights to campouts at the school! The teachers truly care for their students. I am amazed at all the parent involvement and the school pride at Gage. Our daughter is in the Spanish Emersion program and amazes me that in kindergarten she can understand Spanish when we are an English speaking family. I am confident we made the right decision.

Posted April 28, 2015
Gage has an excellent program all around. Great, caring staff, parents and kids. Traditional or Spanish immersion available. Many activities during and after school. Good test scores, and yet an even emphasis on tests and quality work. We love Gage, I have looked elsewhere many times to compare--Gage is our home.

Posted April 28, 2015
My child started at Gage this year, and honestly we were a bit skeptical after looking at some of the reviews. That being said, I could not ask for a better school or environment for my child. The staff, teachers, principal, etc are all very caring and want nothing but the best for each child. We love the morning running program and Fitness Fridays - not to mention all the wonderful activities that Gage provides throughout the year. This school is a hidden gem. I would not want my child to go anywhere else.

Posted April 27, 2015
I am a new Gage parent and have a TK student in the Spanish Immersion program (2014/2015). We will be going into Kindergarten next year. I do not live in the area but was told by a friend of the Spanish program. I could not be happier with the school, and particularly, the Spanish program. This is my first elementary school experience, so not sure what my expectation was, but I did know if I wasn't happy (and my daughter wasn't happy) I would look elsewhere for Kindergarten. Needless to say we will be back next year. Again, not sure on "the norm" but I see our Principal every single day (actually for the first 4 months my 3 yr old would call her "the gate unlocker" :). She is so accessible and I love that. And I only have experience with the Kindergarten spanish teachers, but they are fantastic. I am lucky enough to help in the classroom weekly and love being at the school. The gardening program is awesome, as is the running club and love having a full-time PE teacher. Bottom-line is my daughter loves being at school and that alone warrants 5 stars!

Posted April 27, 2015
We love Gage! We came from Riverview, which was fine, but a very long drive for us. My daughter is in first grade in the Spanish immersion at Gage. I am so happy that we made the switch. We have found friendly children, engaged parents and amazing teachers, all held together by a really outstanding and invested principal. I would recommend Gage to anyone!

Posted October 29, 2014
This is my neighborhood school, and I am so happy that we decided to attend Gage! Prior to enrolling my daughter in the new Spanish Immersion program last year and actually getting to know the parents, staff, and students, I was wary of Gage. I had heard negative things about it from people whose children do not/did not even attend the school. It seems worth noting as well that when a person has a perceived negative experience, he/she is MUCH more likely to head online and write about it than when one has a positive experience. Over the past year I have spent quite a bit of time in various classrooms and gotten to know many of the students and teachers, and I have only ever witnessed thoughtful instruction, thorough lesson plans, and engaging classroom environments. I also appreciate that Gage is more ethnically and socioeconomically diverse than some of the surrounding schools; it seems as well that the immersion program is bringing together students from around the district and neighboring districts who otherwise may not get to interact.

Posted April 18, 2014
My son now in first grade has been attending since kindergarten. The staff is amazing... they really seem to care about their students. I am very proud to have my child attend Gage, it is a great place for him to begin his academic experience.

Gage Elementary School 4

Posted December 09, 2013
My son is now in 2nd grade and my daughter just started the new Spanish Immersion Kindergarten. I love it and my kids love it too. Running Club is great to teach kids healthy habits. Teachers have been good so far, available and enthusiastic. There are various after school programs (art, soccer, basketball, martial art, mad science) for those who can afford it. And the PTA is working on getting a free after-school Glee Club. Parent Involvement is getting better each year.

Posted August 16, 2013
Scores are improving every year. Great principal, fantastic teachers and a fun productive PTA. We transferred from Benchley and glad we made the change.

Gage Elementary School
6811 Bisby Lake Drive, San Diego, CA  92119
Last modified Gage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top