Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

We have been part of the spanish immersion program at this school for a year now and it is great. The teachers are great and the principal really cares about creating a feeling of community among the students. The PTA is very active as well.

This community school is exactly that. There are amazing teachers, staff, parents, and students here. We have only had great experiences over the last four years.

Excellent teachers and parents. One community that shares and supports. I feel very fortunate to have my daughters attend this thriving school.

We have been at this school since 2007 & my last child will graduate in 2016. This school has continuously strived to be the best school it can be. Between family nights, volunteer days & the garden that is not only beautiful but educational. All food grown is either served for lunch or given to families to take home and enjoy. Plus all the extra programs Gage has that neighboring schools don't have. Gage will always be our home school.

When we first moved to California from Nevada two years ago I wasn't sure what to expect of the local neighborhood school to which we were assigned. I was and am still so pleasantly amazed by this gem of a school. Such caring and giving teachers and staff. The sense of community fostered in this school is second to none. My children feel welcomed and cared for. Beyond that they are receiving a well balanced education. The teachers are always willing to make themselves available for the students and parents. In addition to that my daugher is now fluent in Spanish do to the immersion program. This fact alone sets her life up for greater success in the future as a bilingual American. I recommend Gage to any family who wants a good solid education that comes with a family, a community.

THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE I sent my son Here for 3 years he always came home complaining about the food he told me that the food came from cans and he kept finding hairs in the food and this year a mean lunchlady kept bullying him about eating everything but he brings his own lunch from home! This school does not have a good budget in fact I found out that teachers only get 4 free ink cartridges FOR TGE WHOLE YEAR. THIS year my son had a teacher who bullied the class and kept the people who did their homework 40 minutes after school and let the ones who didn't go. I HAVE COMPLAINED to the principal multiple times she has done nothing about it. That teacher have also kept my son in at recess WHICH IS AGAINST THE CALIFORNIA STATE WDUCATION LAW. Do not send your kid to this school. Kids always get into fights in fact one day I saw two third graders hiring each pther on the floor they have also made this 3 strikes if you get 3 strikes you miss out on a field trip or art project BUT I FOUND OUT THAT IF YOU 3 STRIKES YOU MISS OUT ON GRADUATION! DO NOT SEND YOUR KID TO THIS SCHOOL

I am happy that we decided to attend our neighborhood school. The PTA is absolutely wonderful...from movie nights to campouts at the school! The teachers truly care for their students. I am amazed at all the parent involvement and the school pride at Gage. Our daughter is in the Spanish Emersion program and amazes me that in kindergarten she can understand Spanish when we are an English speaking family. I am confident we made the right decision.

Gage has an excellent program all around. Great, caring staff, parents and kids. Traditional or Spanish immersion available. Many activities during and after school. Good test scores, and yet an even emphasis on tests and quality work. We love Gage, I have looked elsewhere many times to compare--Gage is our home.

My child started at Gage this year, and honestly we were a bit skeptical after looking at some of the reviews. That being said, I could not ask for a better school or environment for my child. The staff, teachers, principal, etc are all very caring and want nothing but the best for each child. We love the morning running program and Fitness Fridays - not to mention all the wonderful activities that Gage provides throughout the year. This school is a hidden gem. I would not want my child to go anywhere else.

I am a new Gage parent and have a TK student in the Spanish Immersion program (2014/2015). We will be going into Kindergarten next year. I do not live in the area but was told by a friend of the Spanish program. I could not be happier with the school, and particularly, the Spanish program. This is my first elementary school experience, so not sure what my expectation was, but I did know if I wasn't happy (and my daughter wasn't happy) I would look elsewhere for Kindergarten. Needless to say we will be back next year. Again, not sure on "the norm" but I see our Principal every single day (actually for the first 4 months my 3 yr old would call her "the gate unlocker" :). She is so accessible and I love that. And I only have experience with the Kindergarten spanish teachers, but they are fantastic. I am lucky enough to help in the classroom weekly and love being at the school. The gardening program is awesome, as is the running club and love having a full-time PE teacher. Bottom-line is my daughter loves being at school and that alone warrants 5 stars!

Last modified Gage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.