Posted August 31, 2014
Well- Looking at the many years I've been here, it's been a wonderful ride. My kids have really thrived at this school. All the teachers nurture growth and development of math, reading, and writing skills. The homework load is always balanced so the kids aren't stressed out. The environment for learning is very healthy. There are rarely issues of bullying on campus. The principal always talks to the students and helps them learn about what the HAGE WAY means.They encourage the students to be active and physically fit through meetings with the PE staff. Across the board you will see caring, loving teachers who really have a passion for what they're doing. Most teachers at the school have been there for 10 or more years. The subs are also usually retired teachers from Hage. Not all of them but quite a few.t's a parent taught art program. They also have parent volunteers who can read with children who need an extra push in their skills. Student in 4 and 5 grade are encouraged to join band and orchestra this year We hope that you and your family can be a part of the Hage Family.

Posted May 28, 2014
One of the best elementary school in Mira Mesa! The principal, teachers, and staff are professional, caring, and knowledgable. With that said, it may just have the worst group of PTA I have ever seen. Very cliquey! They don't do anything but gossip! They are constantly at school, every single day. For what, you say? Nothing, really. They sit there and talk about people. On campus! Bring your kids to Hage but be aware of these evil women because you might just be their next target.

Posted September 24, 2013
I believe that, in many organizations, culture and attitude start at the top and trickle down from there. That is definitely true at Hage. The principal, Eric Takeshita (or Mr. T as everyone knows him), is an amazing person who creates a culture of caring and excellence at this school. We are lucky to have him! Not only does he do a great job of running Hage, he also is a very shrewd politician when it comes to dealing with the local school board, and knows how to push his agenda when necessary to benefit our children. That is what makes him truly unique and invaluable to us. Beyond Mr. T, the rest of the staff are all excellent as well. I've never met a teacher I didn't like there, and I've met almost all of them by now. The auxiliary staff is also excellent, from the "office ladies" to the janitors. This school has a very active and strong PTA which adds a lot of value for our children. Through fundraisers and events, the PTA provides funding for the school swim program, buses for field trips, art lessons, and extra supplies for teachers.

Posted August 27, 2013
I love this school. My daughter was in a kinder/first grade combo class and she did extremely well. As parents, we must be proactive in our children's education. We cannot solely rely on just our teachers. They are the foundation but we must put forth the effort to help them progress. The school is amazing! Keep up the good work!

Hage Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2013
My son was a GATE student. The teacher he received was not a GATE teacher. Teacher incompetence was immediately noticeable via grammatical errors on classroom wall postings. After requesting more rigorous assignments, the teacher called CPS and made up such a horrible story that we were investigated. These people will tell you that GATE classes have mixed students because diversity is important. What they don't tell you is that it is impossible to teach multiple curriculums to multiple needs. Don't believe their lies about the GATE program. They are unqualified to deal with exceptional students, 90% of the teachers are in it for paychecks and pensions, not the kids. Its a public school in every way and form.

Posted April 17, 2013
Teachers are great.The principal is awesome...My daughter has been attending this school since K.G and now she is in 5th grade. We are very happy with this school.

Hage Elementary School 3

Posted July 28, 2011
Teachers are great. Principal is awesome. Alot of the kids in grade 1 at least do not show respect to others and there is alot of teasing going on. Since this is the only school that my daughter has attended I cannot compare it with other schools - too bad because I may want to switch her.

Hage Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2011
I've just went there to register for my son for kindergarten today. The staff working there were very impolite and quite rude It was really chaos there. They just want to get rid of you as fast as they can without trying to answer your questions or basically just ignore you so they can relax and sit down on their chairs. I am hoping that my son will be accepted to other schools. This is the worst school I have ever been to.

Posted January 04, 2011
The best school I have ever seen. Very nicely detailed and has great teachers and principals.

Hage Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2010
I have two boys in the school. Some teachers did outstanding job. Some class rooms are very hot during summer. That make my little one had bloody nose some days since he is very sensitive with heat.

Hage Elementary School
9750 Galvin Avenue, San Diego, CA  92126
Last modified Hage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top