Bad
Good

My son goes to Patrick Henry and is enrolled in the Engineering Program so far I have found the school being proactive to students success. When parents get evolved your kids education you can flourish. I have received a lot of resources from teachers during open house, on helping your kids with homework. I also signed up my son to College Club with Roger Jaffe. He helps kids step by step on applying process for UC/CSU COLLEGES and scholarships and a course other Colleges. My son is in a few Clubs AVID in engineering and Robotics , Speech and Debate. He also plays football and has recently enrolled in NROTC. The freshmen three day orientation was very helpful and meeting his counselor during registration was helpful for us. We love it so far. Not to mention this spring the new theater will be open and they are starting construction on a pool.

Its almost as if the people that are supposed to be smarter and superior to us, and the people that are supposed to have authority over us are the ones that are the most incompetent. If a teacher makes an assignment and only a quarter of the class does it, obviously the teacher is doing something wrong. Every morning i wake up on a school day i want to vomit. This school is dirty, the bathrooms smell like a holding tank in central jail, dust flies around all the time, the floors are nasty, there are rats and roaches so in numerous classes of mine there are mouse traps in the corner. Sick of this place and cannot wait to leave.

Some of the teachers here treat us like we are in a labor camp. They do not emphasize the right things. An example of this is writing an English essay, a classmate of mine got a D because he added an extra sentence. This being said, it also has good teachers who make classes so much more fun. It has a very active student body and many out-of school activities such as theater, sports, and band.

PHHS has provided a wonderful academic setting. The principal has set a tone of high achievement for the students and faculty.

This school is pretty good if you hang around with the right people and don't he caught up with all the troublemakers.

I went to Henry for a year and a half and being a student with learning disabilities I was failing and they did nothing about it. I had nothing but trouble with bullying from other students, failing academically, teachers were very rude and didn't understand nor cared about my disability, didn't accommodate me as they were legally mandated to per my IEP, I had an asthma attack on the football field during PE due to the teacher not allowing me to go get my inhaler at the nurse. teachers would shoot kids with water when thy fell asleep in class or throw toys or other objects at them. and I was on the verge of dropping out of high school at 15 or 16 years old. DONT LET YOUR KID GO HERE. IT WILL ONLY HINDER THEM!!!!!!

being a student at patrick henry i will say that it is not one of the more elite schools in san diego. but nor is a terrible school by any means... i have been to many other schools in san diego for summer school and many other programs so i have dealt with many teachers, i would have to say that patrick henry has some of the best, teachers who care and don't want you to fail. the counselors are great who will do anything to help to succeed.patrick henry is well know for drugs, alcohol and gangs, drugs and alcohol YES but what do you expect its high school. i myself was introduced the weed my sophomore year, i only did it for about 10 months, i will say i can be very easy to caught up in drugs and alcohol at patrick henry. all and all Patrick henry high is a awesome school with great teachers and staff..... but if you don"t want your child to be in a school were he/she will more then likely will be introduced to drugs/alcohol then patrick henry high school is not a good choice...

Let me tell you this, this school is one of the worst. i am a student here, and i hate it so much, it is very horrible and the counselors and students are just complete trash. if you can go to another school, please do.

Front office staff, more notably attendance ladies..WORST EVER!! Admitting my son to Henry was the worst experience I have ever encountered! If you plan to enroll your child into Henry HS, be prepared to deal with incompetent, unhelpful, cross, dreary faced individuals who think for some reason you are beneath them and you're not worthy of being treated with respect and regard. Thank GOD, it's my son's 1st and last year there! He says most teachers are fine, his counselor has been helpful and attentive. It's definitely WAY OVER POPULATED! My two younger one's will NOT be attending Henry HS!

Kids easily 'fall through the cracks' at Patrick Henry, too much problems with Gang and drugs and a very poor supervision in campus, they bus a lot kids out of the bounderies and trouble start for good students. The admon. have a very minor respond to take care issues with DRUGS, my son got offer many times to buy drugs while in campus. And have to pull him out of Patrick Henry

Last modified Patrick Henry High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.