Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 20, 2016
Homework is fun work. If a child can spend an hour or two on a cell phone or iPad or any other electronic device, they can be motivated in doing fun-work. It doesn't hurt to learn something that will benefit them through life.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 20, 2016
Yessiree! My grand daughter is proof positive of this! Determination and can-do attitude! Great support from the office staff, the teachers n Ms. Pace!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 20, 2016
If my grand daughter ever came home crying (which she has never done) and she's happy, then I know there has been no disrespect.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 20, 2016
Of course it does! Our grand daughter would not be enrolled otherwise. Oh the teachers are great and so is the office staff! It's very diverse and everyone seems to get along. No stress, nothing negative.

Posted May 20, 2016
Me. Pace is an awesome principal! We love getting phone messages of upcoming events n being informed. There is always much to do but I feel there are many activities that parents can pick n choose from. Our grand daughter admires her ( we purchased an organ with a microphone n she felt so comfortable using the microphone n mimicking Ms Pace about why everyone was in the cafeteria due to the rain etc.) I have heard Ms Pace talk at many assemblies and I was tickled to hear my grand daughter speak like her. That's great! A warm and fuzzy moment! Ms Pace is positive, outgoing n full of energy (excellent principal!) I love all the after school activities too! Who doesn't love soccer and basketball? And the holiday activities? Awesome!!!

Hickman Elementary School 4

Posted January 15, 2013
I think Principal Wrobleski is the best thing that happened to this school! She is very involved. You see her out there before, during and after school compared to last one they had who was very non motivational ( just my opinion). There is great parent involvement from the same devoted parents you always see. The downside is I don't see a whole lot of other parents volunteering. It's always the same ones. I wish more parents would volunteer. As for the teachers, I think a majority of them are very dedicated to helping the kids excel academically.

Posted August 08, 2011
Hickman is a wonderful school. The teachers and administration are very good. Principal Wroblewski is great. She is a strong positive voice that is active, creative, and caring. Wroblewski and her staff are always looking out for the student s best interest. She s been there for 2 years and has made a big difference. The teachers are caring, innovative, and they challenge the students to do their best. There is a small dedicated group of volunteers who run the PTA and Friends of Hickman foundation, and they really make a big impact. More parent participation would be great. The test scores are very good and continue to improve.

Posted October 11, 2010
I have worked with children in a number of schools. Never have I experienced a school like Hickman. All the teachers I have met are dedicated and creative. They have high academic standards and they really care about the children. The principal is so involved, I think she knows the names of nearly all 700 children at the school. Parent involvement is less than at some other schools, but the parents that do volunteer are just amazing. The Halloween bash is always fantastic! I could go to another school, but I used school choice to enroll my children into Hickman.

Posted September 16, 2010
Jennifer Wroblewski has shown excellent leadership for us (teachers) at Hickman Elementary. She is fair, honest, and encourages us to give 120% to our students...which we do. Our main focus is our students, encouraging them to learn the most information they can in a positive, fun learning environment. We, as a staff, are very pleased to have her as our principal and your children as our learners. If you ever have any concerns, please let us know. We will address it in a timely, helpful manner. We are glad that you chose our school for your children.

Posted September 15, 2009
Hickman is a school to watch in Mira Mesa. Lacking the pretentious nature of Jerabek, this school has a congenial faculty, friendly parents, and a terrific music program. The new Principal, Jennifer Wroblewski, has shown outstanding leadership skills already, and she is out in front of the school every morning and every afternoon, talking with parents. Security of the campus is a high priority. 'Friends of Hickman' group has big ideas for the school. With its new leadership, Hickman is a high-achieving school with a bright future.

10850 Montongo Street, San Diego, CA  92126-2629
Last modified Hickman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.