Posted September 11, 2014
Jefferson school is such a great school my daughter is in TK right now and she is so happy and so I'm I . The Principal Mr. Morgan is such a great and professional guy I really like that he is always taking care of the kids and teachers too. They are so organized my daughter she went to preschool at this school too and she was in miss rosiles class and we love her a lot she is the best . I love that school and the plan they have . Thumbs up for Jefferson Steam Magnet IB world school.

Posted May 15, 2014
This school has been wonderful. My daughter is in Transitional Kindergarten right now and was also here at Jefferson for preschool last year. The Principal, Mr Morga is a very genuine and good spirited man. The staff is all pretty great. We have been so lucky to have Mrs. Rosiles for preschool last year and Mrs. Dow for TK this year. There are always fun field trips and activities going on for the kids. My daughter loves it here. Unfortunately we are moving to the North County this summer and I will have to change her school for next year. But if we ever move back, I will put my daughter right back in Jefferson. Their after-school care program on campus (Primetime) has also been awesome.

Posted April 09, 2014
Jefferson Elementary School in San Diego, deserves to be recognized for the amazing way it has transformed over the past few years. When you first arrive at the school site, people are welcoming and they smile making you feel comfortable right away. The school has gone from old and drab to new and bright with all the physical changes that have been made on the outside. On the inside, the students are all engaged in their activities. The leadership has been exemplary with Principal Morga, who is the force behind all these amazing changes. He is a kind, caring, approachable human being that is truly dedicated to his job. There's always some type of activity or event going on that includes the neighboring community. I had worked as a school secretary in a nearby school that closed, those students then transferred to Jefferson Elementary, which pleased me greatly to know they would be attending a quality school very similar to the previous one they attended in our neighborhood.

Posted February 13, 2013
My son is now in 5th grade, and I am extremely thankful that he was able to attend Jefferson since kindergarten. Together we've raised a wonderful kid. He's above grade-level academically, he's challenged, he's stimulated, he's taught to think and, most importantly, he LOVES being at school. School feels like home and family- the staff and parents make this school feel like a community. Extra curricular activities are plentiful and help kids feel connected to school. There is a sense of playfulness and fun on campus. PTA is active, and the principal is dynamic. His teachers have been excellent.

Posted December 23, 2012
Jefferson Elementary School is an excellent school. The Principal, Teachers and Staff genuinely care about each individual student. The curriculum is designed to teach children reading, writing, and math as well as how to be good citizens of the world. Students are taught with the use of computers and up-to-date teaching techniques. Children are encouraged to be proud of themselves for their culture and ethnicity and to have respect for all cultures. Children are given positive, special attention when they have trouble with certain lessons until they master concepts confidently. I have met Jefferson graduates who have successfully gone on to higher education and now are accomplished adults with families of their own and good jobs. I recommend Jefferson Elementary to parents who want to see their children excel in school.

Posted September 13, 2012
This is a great school. I live outside of this school zone and opt to bring my two children here. The principal, staff and parents are great and do a lot more with the kids than just teaching them basics or how to pass a test. I truely know that my children are cared for each and every day. Other reviews on this site are several years old when there was a different principal. This school has improved so much since he has started being the principal.

Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
This is the worse school my kids had ever been...Teacher and principal they havo no authority over the kids kids they just do whatever they want. They always complaint about everything which means that they havo no way how to handle difficult situations with kids also I don't like the fact that they give kids homework in spanish..I am spanic and I came to this country very young..And I learn english the good way or the bad way..And I think everybody should learn english no matter what..No homework should be given in spanish at all that will confuse the kids and they wont make no efforts to learn english....Jefferson school is worse school ever...

Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
This is a great school i have been since kindergarden and i love it !!!!!!

Posted April 28, 2009

Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted February 03, 2006
There is not a lot of parent involvement. The staff and principal are wonderful and supportive. There are 2 opportunities for After School Care.

Jefferson Elementary School
3770 Utah Street, San Diego, CA  92104
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top