Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 20, 2015
My son has been attending school here. The faculty and staff have been great and PTA is active. My son is progressing academically and where he needs to develop (his behavior and social skills) is being addressed. The teachers and principal care about the success of the students and they are quick to make sure your childs needs are met. They keep me up to date on his academic progress.

Jones Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 20, 2015
I am very happy with the teachers at Jones. I haven't met one teacher that doesn't genuinely care about their students.

Jones Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2013
My son just started the Transitional Kindergarten program and I am so pleased with the school, teachers, principal and PTA so far. His main teacher, Krista Petersen and her assistant teacher Christa Jacobson are amazing!Teachers both have excellent communication with parents and encourage parents to volunteer. The principal, Rita Powell is always visible and available to parents and kids. I joined the PTA right away and just attended the first association meeting and was blown away with all the programs and events they have planned to raise money for the school and increase parent involvement. The only reason I give 4 stars is that the school really needs Air Conditioning. The first 2 weeks of school were very warm and my child came home exhausted, thirsty, sweaty, hot and cranky.I do commend MrsPowell for activating their extreme heat protocols, but it was too late for my son. He became clinically heat exhausted, nearly heat stroke in the 2nd week.This is an infrastructure problem though and I heard the Principal tell news reporters that she planned to have AC put in by 2014 school year so I am very pleased with that and will change my rankings to 5 stars when that happens.

Posted July 03, 2013
If you have a child with special needs in the mod/serv do not go to Jones. There is a new special ed teacher this year and she is nothing more than a glorified babysitter. She doesn't believe the kids can learn. We use to love Jones as we have been there for 5 years but we are moving on to a school that believes all children are worth teaching. Principal has checked out for parents of children with special ed. General Ed teachers that we have worked with have done a great job.

Posted May 03, 2013
LOVE, LOVE LOVE Jones School. High performing school. Great school climate, outstanding teachers, supportive parents and smart students. A small school with a very big heart! The principal listens, cares deeply about all kids and supports teaching and learning. My wife and I feel very fortunate we found this school for our two sons.

Posted September 16, 2012
I have to say that my children are no longer in this school and I'm extremely happy about it. The principal is very rude to select parents. I constantly had to track her down and then she was rude. She bullied my children to the point that my son couldn't do well and hated going to school. My daughter was always in the Gifted program and she qualified for the seminar program but was placed in a regular classroom where she wasn't challenged and her behavior started going downhill. We moved to Washington State where BOTH of my children have excelled. My son has gained his confidence back and does wonderfully at school and at home. He loves going to school now and we had to put him in therapy where a lot of things that happened to him in the school came out. His therapist even wanted to see if there could be some type of charges brought against the principal and a few select teachers. Personally, I just wanted to be done with them and move on. I now have two happy children who are flourishing and have moved on from the nightmare of this school and that woman they call a principal.

Posted September 14, 2012
My son has been in Jones since kindergarten. I picked the school based on its great school rating, which recently went up. The principal has been nothing but great. She is out in front of the school almost every morning greeting the kids as well as after school. We had a bully situation last year and she handled it right away and took it very seriously. This year i have a 3rd grader in the GATE seminar class, a kinder, and a preschooler all at Jones. I love their small class sizes and every teacher we have had has been nothing but helpful to my sons education. EVERY teacher 3rd grade and up is GATE certified. I have nothing but good things to say about this school. I love the small community feel to Jones. I am going to be so sad if we ever have to move.

Posted September 13, 2012
These reviews must be written by teachers. This school is very unprofessional. Especially the principal. I had to take my son out of the school. Not all the teachers are GATE certified. My son attended this school for 3yrs and he's only had one teacher that I liked. I know a few parents that have taken their child out of this school. I even had to contact the school district regarding the principle and the way she talks around the children. One school that I do love is Zamorano Elementary. Very good teachers there... Overall, I wish I could give this school zero stars.

Posted July 21, 2011
Jones is an amazing school! My kids will be entering 4th and 2nd grade, respectively, and we've had awesome teachers all the way. Great communication between administration and parents/teachers, very active PTA, lots of fun extracurricular activities and special events for the kids, all teachers are GATE certified, special Ed teachers are amazing, great diversity within the community, let's see, what else... They offer the Seminar program and the teachers we've had so far (3rd grade - Mrs. Sanders and Mrs. Albers) are phenomenal! Absolutely no complaints about this school. I know of several families that have moved as far as Bonita and still drive their kids back up here to go to school! Keep in mind that this school is on the year-round schedule, which may not work for everyone (but we LOVE it!)

Posted July 20, 2010
Jones is more than a school, it is a family. Sadly we have to leave because we moved to a new area, but feel very lucky to have had our daughter attend such a wonderful school. The teachers really have the kids' needs at heart, you see that they genuinely care and go above their means to empower the students. Can't say enough great things about the PTA, they are an inspiration to everyone. Wonderful after school program ran by an excellent group. And finally the make up of the students is pretty diverse, which paints a great picture of what the world really is. They all are doing an outstanding job educating/raising the children. Kudos to Mrs. Powell for a great year!

Jones Elementary School
2751 Greyling Drive, San Diego, CA  92123-2836
Last modified Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.