Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The kinder teachers were amazing. I really have nothing but glowing things to say. I wish they could go to first grade with my child.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child just finished kinder. The homework was mostly practicing sounds (2 minutes), and family projects like making a family tree, or a self-portrait.

Develops character: Agree

The school has monthly themes that focus on respect, fairness and “elevating” others.. .... ...

I wrote a long, detailed review—and somehow it got lost when I submitted it. I won’t re-write it but in a nut shell: We are very happy with the school. My child finished Kinder here and is just about to start 1st. I was very nervous, but the teachers (Kinder teachers) were AMAZING. Really, loving, patient, yet serious about good habits. They have a tough job, that is for sure. The class sizes were large (if you ask me)—about 21 per class room with only 1 teacher. However, my child learned so much, it’s hard to believe. There is homework, but it is very minimal (5-10 minutes per night), and if you occasionally skip it, they don’t mind. The bilingual program is great—but of course it does increase the challenge level for the kids. Cons: The school does not yet have AC, and the principal seems like she prioritizes learning and safety—but she also holds herself somewhat unaccountable to parents, meaning that she is not always responsive. Although this did not happen to me, a friend said they had a seriously hard time getting a conversation with her—despite phone calls, emails and even dropping by (to which they were told she doesn’t take drop ins). When I had questions she was responsive (email) until she didn’t like the conversation- and then she stopped being responsive. However, she does value the children, and based on the other parent’s previous comments—sounds like she was dealing with disciplinary issues.

We hate this school, why? Because of the incompetent staff. They can't handle kids apparently. My son has been traumatized since the first week of school here cause they keep calling the police on him. Yes, a 6 year old boy. They have no problems singling him out and suspending him for any and everything. And we're not the only ones who have had their kid suspended countless times, cause we have been in the office and seen others being sent home too. The principal always resorts to the most dramatic way to handle any situation, I hope she gets fired soon after we're done reporting her for these incidents.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My son in Kindergarten had more homework than I'd ever seen. I feel like I had less homework in high school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No, they hardly allow the students to attend! They're always suspending a kid for something.

We have two children enrolled here. It is a great small neighborhood school. The staff/teachers truly care about their students success. Being a small school allows all of the staff to get to know all the students and provide the children with a friendly community atmosphere for learning. Also, must say the Spanish immersion program (my child is in the second year of the program) is excellent, a great benefit for public education! We are very happy with our neighborhood school.

This is a great small school. We moved to San Diego a couple years ago and I looked at several schools in the area since the one that we were assigned to was full I got to pick from others that had room. This was the first school that had very nice office staff and they were really helpful. My childs teachers both years have been really involved in my childs education. My child loves going to school here. Its also a great location and safe! They keep the gates locked during the day so no random person can walk on to the school without going through the office first. I love the fact that the school is really small and everyone knows everyone.

This small school with a great hilltop location has a very dynamic principal and caring, hard-working teachers and staff, all dedicated to our children's education. It's a fine school now and getting even better.

Last modified Juarez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.