San Diego, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 12, 2014
We have two children enrolled here. It is a great small neighborhood school. The staff/teachers truly care about their students success. Being a small school allows all of the staff to get to know all the students and provide the children with a friendly community atmosphere for learning. Also, must say the Spanish immersion program (my child is in the second year of the program) is excellent, a great benefit for public education! We are very happy with our neighborhood school.

Posted October 29, 2014
This is a great small school. We moved to San Diego a couple years ago and I looked at several schools in the area since the one that we were assigned to was full I got to pick from others that had room. This was the first school that had very nice office staff and they were really helpful. My childs teachers both years have been really involved in my childs education. My child loves going to school here. Its also a great location and safe! They keep the gates locked during the day so no random person can walk on to the school without going through the office first. I love the fact that the school is really small and everyone knows everyone.

Posted May 02, 2014
This small school with a great hilltop location has a very dynamic principal and caring, hard-working teachers and staff, all dedicated to our children's education. It's a fine school now and getting even better.

Posted December 02, 2013
Juarez Elementary, San Diego, CA This school has excellent teachers. I have two daughters who went to this school. Don't let the rating fool you. The principal is pleasant and always willing to sit down and talk face-to-face, about any situation. The teachers are fantastic leaders. My girls loved each teacher they had. Parents are readily encouraged to participate in events and get involved in their child's learning. The class sizes are small as well as the overall school population. My girls truly blossomed and learned things that amazed me. Top-notch education is what they received.

Posted April 26, 2013
My son started a year earlier than he should have in Kindergarten. The teachers here helped him become the best student that he could be! He is finishing the 2bd grade this year and is constantly told that he articulates very well and beyond his years!! This school also treated my son's (very bad) allergies with the utmost of care and concern! Now that this school has started bilingual teaching, it can only get better!!!

Juarez Elementary School 2

Posted December 16, 2010
The only resason my son went to this school, was because the Magnet school I applied for was full. This happens to be the same school I went to 20+ yrs ago, and looking back, it was much better then. 2009/2010 was my son's first year at Juarez, I was more impressed with the Prime Time before and after school program than I was with the school itself. As another parent said, they are very unorganized and remain that way this year again. And unfortunately the Prime Time Staff leader has changed, and I personally believe that program has gone downhill as well. So would I recommend this school...no.

Posted November 18, 2010
I have two sons that go to this school. This school is a hidden gem and I am happy that it is my neighborhood school. The staff and teachers are caring, capable, and accessible. The principal is always there and seems to genuinely care about the kids. I also like the diversity of this school in terms of all different cultures and kids with special needs. My sons are excelling and most importantly learning and they enjoy going to school every day!

Juarez Elementary School 2

Posted December 29, 2009
This is my daughters first year at this school and I am very dissapointed. I feel this school is very unorganized and unwelcoming. They do not send accouncements to parents about vacation or events on time. When I called the staff they were rude. I think the only person who was real nice was the Nurse and their YMCA after school program. They seemed to be more organized than the school. What shocked me the most about the school is how the teachers are dressed. I didn't know teachers were allowed to wear flip flops and blue jeans on a Tuesday???????? Very unproffessional

Juarez Elementary School 0

Posted June 03, 2009
My experience with juarez has been positive (great office staff, warm faculty, well-behaved students). It is a small community school and the principal seems to be a strong, capable leader. However, there are zero faculty of color at this school, which seems outdated and could be a detriment. The only black or brown faces are custodial staff. I believe the principal is latina, but that is it. This school needs to recruit and retain a much more diverse (in terms of gender as well) teaching faculty.

Posted August 15, 2007
My son attended this school since 2nd grade the teachers are very active in the children's lives at school and at home. They always try to problem solve with the parents. They seem to truly care about the students. Not only do they teach students 'scholastic lessons' they help them get through 'life's lessons'. The principle is always there helping the students and their families. She is very involved and dedicated to her students and teachers.

Juarez Elementary School
2633 Melbourne Drive, San Diego, CA  92123
Last modified Juarez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Juarez Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top