Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Juarez Elementary School 1

Posted February 12, 2016
We hate this school, why? Because of the incompetent staff. They can't handle kids apparently. My son has been traumatized since the first week of school here cause they keep calling the police on him. Yes, a 6 year old boy. They have no problems singling him out and suspending him for any and everything. And we're not the only ones who have had their kid suspended countless times, cause we have been in the office and seen others being sent home too. The principal always resorts to the most dramatic way to handle any situation, I hope she gets fired soon after we're done reporting her for these incidents.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 12, 2016
My son in Kindergarten had more homework than I'd ever seen. I feel like I had less homework in high school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 12, 2016
No, they hardly allow the students to attend! They're always suspending a kid for something.

Posted November 12, 2014
We have two children enrolled here. It is a great small neighborhood school. The staff/teachers truly care about their students success. Being a small school allows all of the staff to get to know all the students and provide the children with a friendly community atmosphere for learning. Also, must say the Spanish immersion program (my child is in the second year of the program) is excellent, a great benefit for public education! We are very happy with our neighborhood school.

Posted October 29, 2014
This is a great small school. We moved to San Diego a couple years ago and I looked at several schools in the area since the one that we were assigned to was full I got to pick from others that had room. This was the first school that had very nice office staff and they were really helpful. My childs teachers both years have been really involved in my childs education. My child loves going to school here. Its also a great location and safe! They keep the gates locked during the day so no random person can walk on to the school without going through the office first. I love the fact that the school is really small and everyone knows everyone.

Posted May 02, 2014
This small school with a great hilltop location has a very dynamic principal and caring, hard-working teachers and staff, all dedicated to our children's education. It's a fine school now and getting even better.

Posted December 02, 2013
Juarez Elementary, San Diego, CA This school has excellent teachers. I have two daughters who went to this school. Don't let the rating fool you. The principal is pleasant and always willing to sit down and talk face-to-face, about any situation. The teachers are fantastic leaders. My girls loved each teacher they had. Parents are readily encouraged to participate in events and get involved in their child's learning. The class sizes are small as well as the overall school population. My girls truly blossomed and learned things that amazed me. Top-notch education is what they received.

Posted May 27, 2013
I love this school. The staff make my children feel so welcome. All of the people in the office are very loving and listen to my requests about my children. The principal is so involved in the school and I appriciate it very much. The after school program is enjoyed by my kids. They actually look forward to going to school! I will miss this school when my children leave!

Posted April 26, 2013
My son started a year earlier than he should have in Kindergarten. The teachers here helped him become the best student that he could be! He is finishing the 2bd grade this year and is constantly told that he articulates very well and beyond his years!! This school also treated my son's (very bad) allergies with the utmost of care and concern! Now that this school has started bilingual teaching, it can only get better!!!

Juarez Elementary School 2

Posted December 16, 2010
The only resason my son went to this school, was because the Magnet school I applied for was full. This happens to be the same school I went to 20+ yrs ago, and looking back, it was much better then. 2009/2010 was my son's first year at Juarez, I was more impressed with the Prime Time before and after school program than I was with the school itself. As another parent said, they are very unorganized and remain that way this year again. And unfortunately the Prime Time Staff leader has changed, and I personally believe that program has gone downhill as well. So would I recommend this school...no.

2633 Melbourne Drive, San Diego, CA  92123-3535
Last modified Juarez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.