San Diego, CA

Lafayette Elementary School 1

Posted January 05, 2011
dont know anything about the school but the school nurse,Patti, is the rudest person ive ever talked to

Lafayette Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
It's a great school. They have a great program, they take care of the kids very well. The teachers are very professional.

Posted October 08, 2009

Posted September 23, 2009

Posted July 16, 2006
I hesitated for a long time before posting this comment, because as a concerned, involved parent I strongly believe in schools being the center of our communities, and in keeping our kids in our neighborhood schools. With this in mind, I hate to dissuade anyone from enrolling in Lafayette. However, while the teaching staff at Lafayette is exceptional and wonderful, the administration and therefore, the priorities at Lafayette and the overall climate are not, in our family s experience, what is described in some of these comments. It would be wonderful, and in fact, should be the nature of things in the public school system, that parents and families feel they have a caring ally in the principal. This is just not the case at Lafayette. The PTA is very active, in that it successfully performs a lot of fundraising, providing the few extracurricular activities the students are able to enjoy, but it supports the administration, and parent and family advocacy is sorely lacking in any form at this site. The restrictions students have on their playtime and the playground rules border on the ridiculous.

Lafayette Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2006
I think Lafayette is a very good school. My children are in the 6th and 1st grade, this is their second year at Lafayette. I think the staff is attentive and caring and the children are challenged academically.

Posted May 02, 2006

Posted March 24, 2006
Lafayette Elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers are firm but fair. They care about their students and go above and beyond to help their students reach their goals. The teachers are kind and caring and from what I have obseved, the relationship between teacher and student is positve. The principal at Lafayette is not only nice and has a smile on her face at all times but is approachable if a parent or student has any concerns. She is a great leader. Overall, the principal, administrative staff, teachers and PTA all have the same goal, to see our children succeed in all their future endeavors.

Posted February 27, 2006
We have a 4th and a 1st grader at Lafayette. This is our second year at Lafayette. I find the teaching staff to be excellent in their care and instruction of my children. The majority of Lafayette teachers have taught continuously at Lafayette for many years. This is our 3rd public school and 6th including private preschools. The principal is a model principal who is spirited and loved by the children. She is also very accessible and is open and listens to the whole school community (various cultures, various family units, teachers, staff, PTA, etc.). Our PTA is a very active one that strives to enrich our students outside what is available in the curriculum. Lafayette is under the same requirements as every other school in the San Diego City School District in it's quality of academic programs. What sets it apart is the quality and maturity of its staff.

Posted October 21, 2005
I had one child go 1st-6th here and the school was excellent. My second child went K-4th and i pulled him due to the downhill spiral of test scores and professional, experienced teachers. I served on the PTA and helped in the classroom. It was the hardest thing to do. Playground rules are seriously to restrictive and th eplayground is not for play. This was once a great school, hopefully it will regain that again, But not at my childs expense.

Lafayette Elementary School
6125 Printwood Way, San Diego, CA  92117
Last modified Lafayette Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top