San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 1,111
Before care: Yes

Lewis Middle School 1

Posted November 09, 2012
Compared to Hearst, a feeder school, the teacher quality drops but they do increase the volume of mindless homework and cryptic grading systems.

Posted February 26, 2012
My son is in the seminar program and his seminar teacher is wonderful. She emails me / calls with any issues/problems/etc for my son. Nowadays when people are so busy and not always able to meet with teachers it's nice to know that we get little reminders or just updates via email. Parent connection is great too!! Thank you Mrs Maier for your dilegence and love for your job.

Lewis Middle School 1

Posted October 10, 2011
Maybe a n OK school, but not for my son. My son was in the seminar program. I had to call, email teachers 5 times before I could elicit any response from them, I finally just started showing up unannounced after school, that worked pretty well, by the way... I had one teacher tell me not to worry, because I was an involved parent my son would get a good grade. Personally I'd rather my son EARN his grade good or bad and own that grade. My son is at a charter school this year and having an exceptional year. Be involved schools are not one size fit all...

Posted April 05, 2010

Posted June 15, 2008

Posted April 02, 2008

Lewis Middle School 4

Posted August 14, 2007
I have 3 kids that have attended Lewis, some years have been harder to get through then others. It really does depend on your child and how they communicate with you. Lewis is a big believer in letting the kids tell their parents if they are struggling. I disagree with that. Overall I think it is a 'good' school.

Lewis Middle School
5170 Greenbrier Avenue, San Diego, CA  92120
Last modified Lewis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top