San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 1,111

Lewis Middle School 3

Posted February 11, 2015
A bit much to say the least. They offer after school Prime-time, which is great. As a working parent, the last thing i want to do after working 8 long hours, is come home and sit for hours on end to do tons of homework. They do have laptops with internet, for 6th graders which is great. On the flip side it gives them endless internet access which if you can imagine. Every time my sons misses 3 homework assignments he gets taken out of class to call me and let me know that he has 3 strikes... I think it would be a better idea if the teacher would allow for him to just work on the assignment, stay in class and listen to the lesson, and maybe email me if she thinks my son is behind. My son says he likes it, but i'm not thrilled to tell people "hey bring your kids here, and have tons of homework every night, every weekends.,

Lewis Middle School 1

Posted November 09, 2012
Compared to Hearst, a feeder school, the teacher quality drops but they do increase the volume of mindless homework and cryptic grading systems.

Posted February 26, 2012
My son is in the seminar program and his seminar teacher is wonderful. She emails me / calls with any issues/problems/etc for my son. Nowadays when people are so busy and not always able to meet with teachers it's nice to know that we get little reminders or just updates via email. Parent connection is great too!! Thank you Mrs Maier for your dilegence and love for your job.

Lewis Middle School 1

Posted October 10, 2011
Maybe a n OK school, but not for my son. My son was in the seminar program. I had to call, email teachers 5 times before I could elicit any response from them, I finally just started showing up unannounced after school, that worked pretty well, by the way... I had one teacher tell me not to worry, because I was an involved parent my son would get a good grade. Personally I'd rather my son EARN his grade good or bad and own that grade. My son is at a charter school this year and having an exceptional year. Be involved schools are not one size fit all...

Posted April 05, 2010

Posted June 15, 2008

Posted April 02, 2008

Lewis Middle School
5170 Greenbrier Avenue, San Diego, CA  92120
Last modified Lewis Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top