Posted October 25, 2013
My son is currently in first grade at Longfellow. So far he has had two amazing teachers and we are so impressed with how much he's learned. We frequently travel to Mexico and he now orders all of our food when we go to the local restaurant on our property. I am particularly impressed with the PTO and all the great events that they plan and for the students. We feel so lucky that our child is being educated in such an enriching environment.

Posted October 24, 2013
I am amazed by the school atmosphere, parent involvement and open communication with the administration. I have been impressed with so many areas of Longfellow. This is our second year attending Longfellow and with more kids coming in next year, we are pleased to say that we are a proud Longfellow family. The PTO is also super active and supportive and I have been blown away with the extra enrichment and activities brought in for our children. A+ in our book! It's exceeded our expectations!

Posted October 24, 2013
We switched over to Longfellow, coming from a private school, and I was a little hesitant to do so. Our expectations have been exceeded time and time again. The knowledge and education has been wonderful. Our daughter is excelling in her math, reading, spelling and of course, Spanish. The teachers have been open and accommodating. We are also so pleased with the open feel that the administration creates. We feel comfortable approaching the principal and administration with questions and feel that they work hard at making Longfellow welcoming for all types of families. I am proud of the PTO and support that it gives to our school. We have amazing support from local businesses and families that have allowed for additional arts, music and PE programs for our kids. I feel that it is a school with a great diverse study body and a wonderful academic approach.

Posted October 24, 2013
Spanish Immersion Magnet School. Both my kids are reading, writing, and speaking in both English and Spanish. Since its a k-8 school, my 5th grader will continue 6-8 at the school which is the best option for middle school - small, safe, and great teachers! My kids love the school and they are bi-lingual which is something I can't give them at home.

Longfellow K-8 1

Posted September 16, 2013
I attended this school from K-5th grade, and everything was fine until I got into 3rd grade. I was bullied, and because of the fear of the bullies, I couldn't keep my grades up. The teachers saw, and did nothing while the other students verbally berated me and destroyed my self-confidence. I now have a very large problem with my self-image and insecurity issues. If possible, I would give this school a negative rating. Thanks Longfellow. -Submitted by a FORMER student

Posted September 02, 2013
We are starting our fifth year at Longfellow with my third child starting this year. My first two children are fluent in Spanish now. I've been very pleased with the dedication to Spanish learning. Being a magnet school, many parents don't get involved, but the core-group of parents has a huge impact on the school. The school has a diverse make-up which I appreciate for its ups-and-downs as that is how one learns about oneself and others in preparation for life. I would enjoy more structure/discipline for the students, but I've never felt the school to be unsafe. Any prior negative reviews about the school's academic requirements are from parents who have low/no standards for their child/ren. My children have been extremely successful because I give support to my children, the staff, and the administration every day. The parents who complain about too much work are selfish and doing their children a disservice.

Longfellow K-8 1

Posted January 07, 2013
worst school ever okay first of all the teachers there are very lame. they do teach good spanish but it is torture for our kids. i couldnt belive the amount of homework my kid got for break. because of that we couldnt do any thing this schools teacher are very unreasonable.

Posted May 22, 2012
I love this school - the teachers/staff are great and parents are really involved when it comes to a lot of the extra activities such as art and exercise that have been taken away due to budget cuts. Also, there aren't many schools where your child graduates middle school with their high school and college language credits already completed. And this year the 8th graders all took the college level AP exam!! I definitely recommend the school. A far better education than most public schools provide.

Posted March 15, 2012
I absolutely love this school. My child is in his 3rd year at Longfellow. I can t believe how much my child has learned in a second language. The school does such a wonderful when coming together for a child. The school works as a team and that is so amazing for the children.

Posted February 29, 2012
Also, the PTA is good but I been here 5 years and its time for some new FRESH ideas and events. We do the "same" thing every year and it seems the same people are voted into positions and make the decisions. Any new, different, or a little cutting edge hasnt been accepted. We tried! Sad. One thing for sure, the Red Ribbon Week needs help!! The concept and effort put into giving these kids some REAL life tools to help them when they are encountered or offered drugs, AND THEY WILL BE, is really sad and insignificant. SAD RED RIBBON WEEK PROGRAM.

Longfellow K-8
5055 July Street, San Diego, CA  92110
Last modified Longfellow K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longfellow K-8 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top