Marshall Middle School 4

Posted June 07, 2014
I agree that this school can be callous towards those students outside the academic main stream. Your well-behaved 8th grader IS going on to High School but with a couple of poor classes will be told not to even show up for school on promotion day at the end of the year. The Principal says there are no exceptions so even if your child's grades are impacted by a disability and s(he) worked really hard, don't expect to be celebrating the successful end of the school year with him/her and friends. Standing behind a policy that has no other purpose but to prevent a disabled graduating student celebrating promotion is neither a good or necessary position. It is a shame because there are many good and innovative practices and policies and MMS but this one should be thrown out.

Marshall Middle School 3

Posted May 27, 2014
Marshall is a great school, academically. However, I don't think they treat the students in regular as they should. I have one daughter in gate at marshall and another in regular. My daughter in regular usually has a positive attitude about school, but, she really dislikes what her teachers treat her like. One of her teachers was comparing them to the gate students, saying how bad they were compared to her gate students. It made my daughter's self esteem go down by much. The teachers in regular are also not very good. They just have you copy out of notebooks day after day. Although, my gate student comes home every day with something creative from school to do. My point is that, marshall should respect regular students more than they do.

Posted April 22, 2014
The school is good all the kids get good grades and have fun activities. It is is fun in Marshall i

Posted April 17, 2014
MMS is an excellent school. The principle, teachers, and staff make great team. The school has very good music program and lots of activities.

Posted September 29, 2013
This school is absolutely excellent. I am currently an 8th grade student at Marshall, and I am extremely thankful to have gone to such a great school. Entering Marshall, I had heard many 'horror' stories about the troubles of Middle School. Upon my entrance, I immediately found that the staff, teachers, principal, and students are very nice and helpful. Although the size of the school is daunting, you will quickly learn how the school works very quickly, whether it be by yourself, or with someone helping you. Once you learn what to do and where to go, you may enjoy many of Marshall's great offerings (i.e. Clubs, Electives, etc.). All in all, I am disappointed that I have to leave such a great school, I've made many friends here, and I only hope that I can have a similar experience next year when I enter High School.

Marshall Middle School 1

Posted August 31, 2012
It is a great school. The principle and vice principle are very nice, but have you ever have to go to the front office and try to get help? Especially, if you are a non Caucasian then expected to be ignore for at least 5 minutes or longer wait. I heard from non Caucasian parents said that "they are only cater to the white people".

Posted August 12, 2012
The school has an excellent music program (more specifically, performing arts) and it has been improving every year. Teachers are phenomenal and students are nice (some snobby, but they go off to private schools so they won't be a hassle to your kids for long).

Posted December 30, 2010
my child go to this school and he really love it here iam so glad that i found this great school for him keep it up the good work.

Posted March 28, 2010
Great School! Teachers are excellent, lots of opportunities for kids.

Posted January 24, 2010
Great leadership by the Princepal and her team. It is undoubtedly one of the best middle schools in San Diego, if not the best.

Marshall Middle School
9700 Avenue Of Nations, San Diego, CA  92131
Last modified Marshall Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top