Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

If you have a strong sense of integrity, honesty and fairness. You will most likely keep it.

The school is not what it seems. I sent my daughter with high expectations. She is a b student. She got bullied, no one did anything. She was struggling with the time schedule, I was told that's the way it is. She was given a lot of busy work but she was never challenged. The music class was really good. The campus is clean and has a beautiful surrounding area.

We were very disappointed in Marshall. There are significant racial divisions that make it very difficult for any non-white child. We also found that there was no way for our daughter to move into more challenging classes after she had been incorrectly placed following our move. There were some teachers that were outstanding. We moved school districts after one year we were so disappointed.

I agree that this school can be callous towards those students outside the academic main stream. Your well-behaved 8th grader IS going on to High School but with a couple of poor classes will be told not to even show up for school on promotion day at the end of the year. The Principal says there are no exceptions so even if your child's grades are impacted by a disability and s(he) worked really hard, don't expect to be celebrating the successful end of the school year with him/her and friends. Standing behind a policy that has no other purpose but to prevent a disabled graduating student celebrating promotion is neither a good or necessary position. It is a shame because there are many good and innovative practices and policies and MMS but this one should be thrown out.

Marshall is a great school, academically. However, I don't think they treat the students in regular as they should. I have one daughter in gate at marshall and another in regular. My daughter in regular usually has a positive attitude about school, but, she really dislikes what her teachers treat her like. One of her teachers was comparing them to the gate students, saying how bad they were compared to her gate students. It made my daughter's self esteem go down by much. The teachers in regular are also not very good. They just have you copy out of notebooks day after day. Although, my gate student comes home every day with something creative from school to do. My point is that, marshall should respect regular students more than they do.

The school is good all the kids get good grades and have fun activities. It is is fun in Marshall i

MMS is an excellent school. The principle, teachers, and staff make great team. The school has very good music program and lots of activities.

This school is absolutely excellent. I am currently an 8th grade student at Marshall, and I am extremely thankful to have gone to such a great school. Entering Marshall, I had heard many 'horror' stories about the troubles of Middle School. Upon my entrance, I immediately found that the staff, teachers, principal, and students are very nice and helpful. Although the size of the school is daunting, you will quickly learn how the school works very quickly, whether it be by yourself, or with someone helping you. Once you learn what to do and where to go, you may enjoy many of Marshall's great offerings (i.e. Clubs, Electives, etc.). All in all, I am disappointed that I have to leave such a great school, I've made many friends here, and I only hope that I can have a similar experience next year when I enter High School.

It is a great school. The principle and vice principle are very nice, but have you ever have to go to the front office and try to get help? Especially, if you are a non Caucasian then expected to be ignore for at least 5 minutes or longer wait. I heard from non Caucasian parents said that "they are only cater to the white people".

The school has an excellent music program (more specifically, performing arts) and it has been improving every year. Teachers are phenomenal and students are nice (some snobby, but they go off to private schools so they won't be a hassle to your kids for long).

Last modified Marshall Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.