San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 2,049

Posted April 22, 2014
This school sucks on so many levels! I'm a Junior attending Morse at the moment and let me just say that this school is full of careless and helpless teachers! The counselors are never there at school! The only person there that seems to care is the principle, which is a good thing. However, it's still not good enough! Although, I went to Ofarrel for 9TH grade, that community school helped me a lot more than Morse. Ever since I came to Morse my grades have never been this horrible! And trust me I've bad before, but my grades were never this BAD! I strongly don't reccomend this school. I'm trying to talk to my parents about taking me to some other high school. Hopefully, I'll get over the trouble.

Posted February 05, 2013
I do not recommend this school either! Definitely would not have my son attend this school at all. I live near the school and the kids disrespect the neighborhoods. There have been fights near our homes when the kids get of out school for 3 weeks now. And on occasion kids would knock over trash cans as they walk by. Throw trash, and even found them smoking weed. This is not acceptable. Especially when I have my baby playing outside in our yard and this is what he sees. I believe they should have 1 entry control point if there is not enough patrol in both entrances. And when I spoke to the principle all he said was to continue to call the cops if needed.

Morse High School 4

Posted September 30, 2012
I went to this school from grades 10 to 12 and although it had its issues, I loved it at Morse. As some reviewers have already mentioned, it really depends on the teachers your child has. I was part of the honors/advanced/AP track and so my fellow classmates and teachers were engaged, caring, and invested in my success. More than 90% of the classmates I had in my classes went on to UCs and CSUs and some for money reasons went to community colleges. As long as your student is motivated and gets into the higher level classes, they will do well at Morse.

Morse High School 3

Posted September 25, 2011
As a parent I have found my childrens education depends on the teacher. They do well with good teachers and fail with not so good ones. I have had a teacher tell me she would not discuss my childs progress and others contact me if anything unusual happens. i have had multiple discussions with teachers, vice principals and the principal with good or no results. I find parents are not involved, mostly because they never hear about things going on and some teachers try to discourage parent contact. I had a teacher tell me everything must be done their way and it was "not negotiable". More money is not the answer, getting quality teachers is. We need to find a way to stop non-effective teachers and eliminate "tenure" so only effective teachers continure teaching. "Watch waiting for superman" to see how all schools in the U.S.are doing and what this means to our children and nation.

Posted September 02, 2011
Im atteneded Morse High School from 9th grade - 11th grade & I can honestly say I would NOT recomond that school. All the staff could careless about their students. The majority of students are so disrespectuful & have ZERO school spirt, they make school pretty boring. There is less staff now & zero credit recovery programs due to bugget cutts. I had to begg my parents to get me out of there. Im currently a Senior at Bonita Vista High School & I can honestly Im proud to be a Baron ! I like it WAY better than Morse, I would highly recomend Bonita Vista.

Morse High School 5

Posted January 13, 2011
I love this school. The teachers are great and my kid had a better attitude than last time he was spending time with me. He says to me that the school has great people, great teachers and great academics. If you really want your child to go to College you should send them to Morse since there are programs for them to prepare for College. They also have a lot of great programs from sports to technology.

Morse High School 3

Posted September 17, 2010
I am a parent of a Morse student and I like the school so far.. No matter where the kids go to school there are going to be problems. And as for the traffic I find that ALL schools have their problems EVERY year this is an issue no matter where you go... the schools will never be able to make people happy... This is where us the parent have to work through it... not everything in life is suppose to be a convenience, therefore I found a way to make it easy for me to drop off and pick up. It is not always the schools as far as fights and cursing and other things of that sort.. It stems from the family and how the child is being raise and how much the parents are involved.

Posted May 09, 2010

Morse High School 4

Posted March 23, 2010
As a student I can say that morse high school is a good school that is on its way to the top. These past years may have been a little mest up but things are on there way to becoming better. With the new principal that we have we are on our way to success. Mr. Shelton is a great principal, and i would have to say that yes maybe there are some students who dont care, and yes there are some teachers who are careless,there are also teachers who care a lot. I believe that people shouldnt judge this school because of the way it is from the outside but to actually take the time to get to know the teachers and actually spend a whole day in this school and try to see what this school can be. Everyone should give this school an opportunity. Dont judge.!

Morse High School 2

Posted January 28, 2010
I am a parent of two daughters and i should say that there are numerous problems in that school. Typical fights, graffiti, cursed words, littering in the parking lot, lack of discipline in the student body and careless teachers. The most problem way the picking up and dropping off students, but the traffic was a struggle. This is unacceptable.

Morse High School
6905 Skyline Drive, San Diego, CA  92114
Last modified Morse High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morse High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top