Bad
Good

Nye is an excellent school. Clean, nice area and kids learn. I used to have my kids at Valencia Park Elementary but it doesn't even compare to Nye. My kids were falling behind at the other school and after 1 year at Nye they were all reading 2 or 3 levels above their grade! The kindergarten teachers at Nye are amazing, and Ms. Davis the P.E. teacher is very nice. They also have an excellent program for children with IEP's and enthusiastic PTA leaders. My only complaint about the school is that it should have at least 2 or 3 more teachers on staff. The class sizes in kindergarten last year (and this year) started off at 27/28 students. That's too much. Nye should be a magnet school, it's THAT amazing and kids from further areas should be bussed into this school. Best school ever, it would be a mistake not to send your kids. here.

If you live in Southeast San Diego or Paradise Hills, this is the school you need to send your kids to. None of the elementary schools in the 92114 or 92139 score as high as Nye. Check the California Dept of Education's website for it's yearly Smart Balanced Assessment scores that come out every year or Schooldigger dot com to compare it

Academically speaking, Nye is the best elementary school in the area (hands down) . Every school is going to say they're the best but the proof is in the scores and if you do the footwork you'll find the information. Compare the scores of this past school year (2014-2015) to other elementary schools in South East San Diego area and there's no comparison. That alone should be enough to enroll your children into this school. Nye is always the top 1 or 2 schools in the area. It's in a good safe neighborhood, school is immaculate and all the parents you'll interact with are pretty nice. I've never had any issues with crazy moms or dads..lol. Quite a few of the teachers are firm, but they are excellent teachers. Your child will learn, so if you feel you have a strict teacher, hang in there, it does pay off and the majority of the teachers do care for the students' well-being. I have 3 kids enrolled now and my 4th just graduated last year and he's at middle school now. Middle school has been pretty much a breeze for him and I attribute it to his excellent teachers at Nye. I'm grateful to have this school for my kids and would recommend it to anyone.

My children have been going to this school for the last few years. This school year a new principal was hired by the Superintendent which allegedly had parent input. This is the wrong principal for this great school. The morale for both the children and staff has greatly diminished in the past few months. The principal is never available and though states that she has an open door policy, it's very clear this is not the truth. In past years we have had good interaction with the past principal yet this principal appears very standoffish and appears that her priority is not the children. I am concerned that with morale so low, that the great teachers at the school will leave and the quality of education will decrease. I am concerned that special education will be the highlight for this school and feel that the regular students will be ignored. What I feel has been a great school with the highest test scores in this area will start to go downhill with the leadership in place. It saddens me that I may have to move my child because of where this school seems to be headed.

This will be my son's fifth year as a Nye student and I couldn't be any more satisfied with the education that he has recieved. My son has an IEP and the services that are provided to him help him to maximize his fulliest potential and be the best student he can. Thank you Nye

As a parent,My dauhgter has been going here for almost 3 years. This is the BEST school (elementary school) ive ever seen. I prefer this school for anyone looking for a good elementary school. Every Student deserves this school. Every single staff including the teachers and principals are amazing and care about the students. The principal even stands outside in the parking lot saying "good morning" to everyone. I love this school i wish when my daughter leaves this school i can find another school just like this one. This school is great you have to come here. :)

My son has attended this school for five years. I have had opportunity to meet the majority of the staff and can honestly say I have not met one teacher who did not exude the utmost enthusiasm and authentic concern for their student's education. The principal is concerned with students and not numbers. I feel everyone genuinely cares about my child. I highly recommend this school. I will truly miss this school once my son moves on to middle school.

My son has been at this school for two years now. They are great! I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving to San Diego. The teachers are great and they really care about their students there. Their special education program is tops!

Last modified Nye Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.