Posted September 28, 2014
This is a wonderful school. I can't say enough about it. I have 2 boys who are students at Nye (Kindergarten & 1st Grade), so although I haven't been a Nye parent long, I've been very impressed thus far. Everyone is friendly and all the teachers I've met care for the students. The Primetime staff at this location are great with the kids and it's very organized. What I like most about Nye is the diversity: Mexicans, Blacks, Hawaiians, Samoans, Guamanians, a few white children. A true melting pot. Activities at this school include: a tennis club, Mad Science Club, soccer, cheerleading for girls and the school is really good about notifying parents about other activities in the area for the students. There's a lot of spirit at Nye. The Principal Dr. Thompson is a soft spoken lady, seems very nice. She's usually in the parking lot in the mornings greeting students and making sure kids are safe. There's also another teacher who's at the gate giving the kids high-fives first thing in the morning, encouraging them as they walk onto campus. It's a super cool atmosphere and as a parent really appreciate it. I could go on and on about Nye Elementary...send your child here, it's the best.

Nye Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2014
My children have been going to this school for the last few years. This school year a new principal was hired by the Superintendent which allegedly had parent input. This is the wrong principal for this great school. The morale for both the children and staff has greatly diminished in the past few months. The principal is never available and though states that she has an open door policy, it's very clear this is not the truth. In past years we have had good interaction with the past principal yet this principal appears very standoffish and appears that her priority is not the children. I am concerned that with morale so low, that the great teachers at the school will leave and the quality of education will decrease. I am concerned that special education will be the highlight for this school and feel that the regular students will be ignored. What I feel has been a great school with the highest test scores in this area will start to go downhill with the leadership in place. It saddens me that I may have to move my child because of where this school seems to be headed.

Posted August 02, 2013
This will be my son's fifth year as a Nye student and I couldn't be any more satisfied with the education that he has recieved. My son has an IEP and the services that are provided to him help him to maximize his fulliest potential and be the best student he can. Thank you Nye

Posted December 19, 2011
As a parent,My dauhgter has been going here for almost 3 years. This is the BEST school (elementary school) ive ever seen. I prefer this school for anyone looking for a good elementary school. Every Student deserves this school. Every single staff including the teachers and principals are amazing and care about the students. The principal even stands outside in the parking lot saying "good morning" to everyone. I love this school i wish when my daughter leaves this school i can find another school just like this one. This school is great you have to come here. :)

Nye Elementary School 0

Posted November 30, 2008
My son has attended this school for five years. I have had opportunity to meet the majority of the staff and can honestly say I have not met one teacher who did not exude the utmost enthusiasm and authentic concern for their student's education. The principal is concerned with students and not numbers. I feel everyone genuinely cares about my child. I highly recommend this school. I will truly miss this school once my son moves on to middle school.

Posted July 09, 2008

Posted October 05, 2007

Nye Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2007

Nye Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2007
My son has been at this school for two years now. They are great! I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving to San Diego. The teachers are great and they really care about their students there. Their special education program is tops!

Posted January 12, 2006

Nye Elementary School
981 Valencia Parkway, San Diego, CA  92114
Last modified Nye Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nye Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top