Public charter
San Diego, CA
Students enrolled: 1,500
Before care: Yes

Posted July 29, 2014
This school is absolutely amazing, the teachers are very involved with the students and it's a rigorous school. I am a student myself and I have to say the teachers there are absolutely amazing meaning: ms. Hui, Ms. Laterzza, mr. Lapis, and plenty more. A great school for education.

Posted June 23, 2014
My daughter has been at this school since the 6th grade and just finished 8th grade this month. She loves this school. She could have stayed at a closer school near home but made the choice to come here. This charter school provides the kids with more opportunity. They have uniforms which is great because kids do not focus on vanity and whats in and not in. They have many field trips and provide kids with a lot of resources to excel. The teachers here CARE for all students. This school is becoming a k-12th school and is awesome because they really do focus making our kids grow and learn in positive manners. Best school in SOUTHEAST SAN DIEGO!!!

The O'Farrell Charter School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
I love this school and glad I followed my gut feeling by sending my daughter here for 6th grade instead of her neighborhood school. She has maintained a 3.8gpa and above since she started in fall 2013. I have no complaints whatsoever. I also like that they are strict with the kids and because of that, its become a safer campus.

Posted October 25, 2013
It is a great school for middle or high school. They are building a new high school so you can get the full experience and the teachers are great they understand their kids and teach in a way everyone gets. They staff is very nice and make sure that everyone is happy and having fun. You can make friends fast and not worry about bullies or mean people. I'm a student self I have been here since 6th grade and it has been an amazing experiancre and I am now going to the tenth grade and can't wait. If your looking for a safe, fun, all out pre, elementary, middle, or high school O'Farrell is the place to go.

The O'Farrell Charter School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter LOVES this school and I really appreciate the time and effort the teachers and staff are putting into making it such a success. Definitely the BEST school in the South East San Diego area.

Posted August 07, 2013
My school is amazing I don't know what I would do without it. Everyone here is like family basically. When you step on this school campus you feel welcomed and the teaching is excellent I could not ask for a better learning education.

Posted June 19, 2013
If you want your child to attend a secure, safe, and academically challenging school, register at The O'Farrell Charter School.

Posted May 09, 2013
O'Farrell is the best middle school in the area by far! I choose to send my 7th grader to O'Farrell because they are focused on academics and discipline. My daughter loves her teachers and says the environment is fun but serious. If you want your child to be held to high standards and receive a good education, send them to O'Farrell.

Posted October 29, 2012
I love this school!! Not only is this the only middle school in this school district and county whose API scores are in the 800s, but the staff are extraordinary! I have a 6th and 4th grader who both attend O'Farrell Charter school and I am impressed by the manner in which this school operates (academically for the students). My children are being challenged academically and mentally and I really enjoy the opportunities that this school has presented for my children.

The O'Farrell Charter School 3

Posted April 19, 2012
I'm lucky my child is smart enough to get into the GATE program. The teachers are on him for academics and they are very responsive to my emails and phone calls. They also don't mind me making unannounced visits at the end of the school day for an impromptu meeting. The big downside is the social climate at the school, my son's watch given to him from his grandfather was stolen back in February right out of his bag while changing in the locker room. The next day the kid who stole it was wearing it but denied it.My son was too afraid to say anything and I had to hear it from his little brother. That's when I realized why his grades dropped that month. Like I said the parents of those bullies influence the social climate at the school and it's very difficult to police the kids if no one is speaking out against them. so sad.

The O'Farrell Charter School
6130 Skyline Drive, San Diego, CA  92114
Last modified The O'Farrell Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The O'Farrell Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top