San Diego, CA

Posted November 22, 2014
This is my daughter's second year at PB middle and she loves it! We are a military family who has been in many districts and schools. We drive her 20 min eah way to go to PB over our neighborhood school. We have also signed my son up to go to PB next year. I stress to other parents that you can't go strictly on scores and what's on paper. There are other factors which had an effect on the numbers. We love the IB program. The staff takes personal attention with each student. My daughter is also involved I volleyball and basketball at PB. PB is one of the few/only schools to offer such a wide range of sports. They also have use of the recreation center attached. I've witnessed firsthand the PB has a zero bullying tolerance. They offer lots of tutoring and military support to the kids. Another thing that really stands out is the environment of PB school.

Posted September 01, 2014
As a military family we have tried out many different schools around the country. I have learned that most families want to see test scores, rankings and expensive facilities as evidence of a great school. Time has shown me that what really makes a difference is the faculty and staff. PBMS is a small school facing all the same budget problems that our entire nation faces. We love the IB program and chose PBMS over our neighborhood school (even though on paper some would say that our neighborhood school is "better"). We have never regretted our decision. It is a small school but my daughter feels cared for and nurtured. She's not 1 of 1000 students. Her teachers care about her and mentor her, which makes all the difference in the world. If more families would take a look at the great things going on in the MB cluster, they would choose IB all the way!

Pacific Beach Middle School 4

Posted April 04, 2014
This is my son's first year at MBHS. So far, he has been very pleased with his experience. The teachers are very supportive and approachable and are very responsive to email. We had one issue that was dealt with quickly. I like that the IB curriculum is challenging and promotes global thinking. I like that it is a smaller high school with many opportunities to succeed in whatever interests a student. Socially, my son is very comfortable there. It is a diverse population and the students are very supportive and encourage each other to succeed. I would recommend this high school if you are looking for a smaller, more personable environment, that is a diverse, real world experience where the student can be responsible for his/her own success.

Posted February 22, 2014
My child loves it so far. This is our first year. The workload is fair.

Pacific Beach Middle School 1

Posted January 20, 2014
Daughter has been there for 2 years has had a few run inns with a few students since last year they have been pulling the race card on her for being a white girl threatening to beat her rear end for some time now so last week the two girls corner my daughter mind you my daughter is on honor roll and in sports pretty well rounded kid not saying she is perfect but as a parent you know what I mean so the girl starts getting violent shucking my daughter while the other girl taunts her I have always taught my daughter that fighting is not the answer but when being picked on or bullied and especially the big one for me is they put there hands on you you have fill right to defend yourselfe with any means so after the girl kept shuving my daughter my daughter snapped and beat her rear end and for defending herselfe gets expelled out of school seriously it made me sick to my stomach I guess what we have learns threw all this is if you're kid gets bullied and they finally fight back at pbms not only if they don't run away like a coward and finally fight back they will be suspended

Posted November 05, 2013
Both of my children attend Pacific Beach Middle. We love it there and we could not ask for a better education! Both of my children attended a private school before attending PBM and the education and academic opportunities they have at PBM far outstrip what they could receive in private school. Parent involvement has vastly increased over the past 2 years I have been at the school. You can see a visible change all throughout the campus and new activities that are taking place. So happy to be part of this neighborhood school!

Posted October 27, 2013
Our family loves Pacific Beach Middle School! Our son is in his 3rd year there as an 8th grader and our daughter is in 6th grade. The IB program is amazing and provides more in depth learning plus helping my kids to be motivated learners. The teachers really seem to care and show pride in the school. What my kids love most are the organized lunch sports leagues that keep them active during the lunch break and the afterschool sports offered. We are so thankful for the opportunities at PBMS.

Pacific Beach Middle School 4

Posted August 06, 2013
I have been with this school for a year now and it has been a great expieeence. Our scores have gone up very much and I'm proud to say I went there. There are many great activities and projects to work on. It keeps you busy and exited. I think the school can approve of helping bulling, like the teacher said because students are under enough stress as it is to get things done and when they are trying to get things done but, they are thinking of the insident. so, thier not 100% focused which makes thier grades go down. Plus they don't want to remember that school as the place where they got Bullied, they want to think of it as a fun and exiting place to be.

Posted July 12, 2013
I, like many people in PB, was concerned to send my kids to the local middle and high school because of the long standing poor reputation. Along with most of his class, I decided to send him there. He's been here for 2 years and is doing great! He's an honor student and is thriving. We have attended the open houses and met all his teachers and they seem to geniuinely care about students and are enthusiastic about being there. Everyone was approachable and friendly.

Pacific Beach Middle School 1

Posted May 30, 2012
While this school may show satisfactory performance on standardized testing, administration (the principal, specifically) does little to nothing to protect its students from bullying. The bullied are blamed and the horrific acts are brushed under the rug. When the bullied child's grades drop because he/she is depressed and giving up in school, this is taken into account to the child's detriment when bullying concerns are brought up by parents. I am glad my children do not attend PB Middle School, and I would not recommend it to anyone whose child may be bullied. If your child is a bully, don't worry. They won't get a consequence- Sincerely, A special education teacher

Pacific Beach Middle School
4676 Ingraham Street, San Diego, CA  92109
Last modified Pacific Beach Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pacific Beach Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top