Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The teachers were very nice. The only thing I had a problem with was how low the security is. They need more security for lockdowns. My favorite teacher of all of them was Mrs. Barbra Toombs!! She was sadly the only teacher I trusted along with the principal to talk to. The councilors were no use at all!! Otherwise I want to go back. Being in High School Sucks!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They were far more effective under the previous administration. The new regime stifles potential for growth and development.

I d like to compliment Pershing s music teacher Mrs. Barbara Toombs on her Coffee House performances. These have been delightful evenings listening to music and song with solo, duet, ensemble and band performances featuring Pershing s talented students. The auditorium is set up like a coffee house and the student servers present the audience with their choice of dessert and coffee. Bravo to Mrs. Toombs and all of the students who have participated in this wonderful event. I d like to thank Pershing s Principal Mrs. Susan Levy for her dedication to our school. My son s three years have been very positive at Pershing; he has done well academically and enjoys going to school. I have found Mrs. Levy to be very approachable if a concern arises; she is quick to address whatever the issue might be. My son attended the 8th grade East Coast field trip; I felt comfortable letting him go since Mrs. Levy was attending. I knew he would be in good hands. He had an amazing time and a memory that will last a life time. Lastly, I d like to say that Pershing s remodel looks beautiful! The front of the school looks fresh and inviting.

My daughter attended Pershing for 6 and 7 grade. This school is below average. There are students fight very often and students cutting themselves. one time I saw a student with a bloody face coming out from the school. Another time the ambulance came to the school because a girl cut herself in the bathroom and fainted. The principal never addresses this problem and they never let you know what's going on at the school.

Pershing Middle School is not a satisfactory school. The school does not meet its needs to be a successful school . The construction is an outrage and all the students are late to their classes because there is so many students trying to go from one class to the next in four minutes in one narrow isle. Almost all the teachers pick on the students and they inderect the students when they speak aloud to the class while staring at the student they are talking about. Most of the teachers do not teach very well, it shows the standards you need to be a teacher, to me it looks very low. There are diciplineary problems that the teachers can not control and it put the students in a unsafe environment. The heads of the school do not take disiplineary actions very seriously. Students get bullied and the teachers do not put the students in a comfortable position. They have a class where they teach respect and good citizenship and more but it does not take affect to the students or the teachers. The school needs to be a better environment to the students and teachers need to learn how to actually teach their students. It would best if you took your child to a different school.

I absolutely love Pershing! The teachers and office staff consistently communicate effectively and keep me up to date with my child's education. The school promotes modern technology use with students and parents through class work, homework, notifications and grades. I also appreciate how Mrs. Levy (the principal) is never too busy to help. Thanks Pershing!!!

My daughter loves her teachers and the music program offered here at Pershing. This is her second year and I am pleased with her academic progress. Communication between teachers and home needs improvement. Teacher websites are often not updated and I have to rely on my student for information- good thing she is trustworthy!

This place is horrible. Many of the staff are bullies to the students. They over complicate things that should be common knowledge and there is no accountability for many of the teachers. Do yourself & your kid a favor by going to a different school.

Sending my child here was the biggest mistake I ever made. After being at least average in every subject and advanced in a couple from K-7th grade, he started to have more issues with focus and getting work done once he started at Pershing in 8th grade.. Though the teachers contacted me to let me know that his work/lack there of was not going to earn him a passing grade, all but one were unresponsive when I left messages and sent emails to try to get on the same page to solve the problem. A couple of weeks ago, I got the final progress report of the year. My child failed 3 out of 6 classes and will not be allowed to go on the 8th grade field trip, nor participate in the promotion. However, he WILL be moved along to high school!?! What a sad state our educational system is in

Great school with great kids! I visited there for the school's 50th anniversary and it was even more wonderful than when I attended in the 70s. Beautiful big library, grass playfield, iPads for students and a great, caring staff.

Last modified Pershing Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.