Posted June 27, 2013
I was a student at RPE, one of the students that excelled in my graduating class and was a favorable student. RPE, from what I remember, is a safe school for students. I am now in college, attending UCSD, and since I am close to home, when I pass by the neighborhood, nostalgia fills me and I still, to this day, am very grateful for being a part of this school. The teachers are wonderful and caring. They truly care about their students and puts in effort to ensure the students are learning. It is what your students make of it, they had programs and supportive staff who was always there for their students. I learned that I am not alone, that there were others in my situation, and after 9 years, I cherish the friends that I made there. We actually had a disneyland reunion last week, but all in all, RPE is an amazing supportive and safe school.

Rolando Park Elementary School 2

Posted November 05, 2011
I am a resident of Rolando Park & let me share af very awful experiencs I had with this school & its staff that changed my opinion of them. I have two sons & my eldest attended Rolando Park Elementary(RPE) from kindergarten through 5th grade. My eldest was already at Pershing Middle School when this incident happened. My youngest was tested for GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) program in 2nd grade. Since RPE didn't offer GATE, we moved him into Benchley Weinberger for 3rd grade. My son was miserable @ Benchley after one week, so we tried to move him back to RPE. The staff & the principal at that time (2008) told us that we made the choice to leave & they wouldn't accept us back. Luckily I knew a teacher @ Clay Elem. & she was able to get my son in there even though that wasn't our neighborhood school. I am disappointed w/RPE because they should've taken us back; it was our neighborhood school. I tried to meet w/the principal but she refused to talk to me. The staff (especially Veronica) is rude unprofessional. I would discourage anyone who moves into our neighborhood from sending their child(ren) to RPE. I gave them 2 stars because they do employ some good teachers.

Posted February 15, 2011
I attended Rolando Park Elem. Form the 2nd grade to the 5th grade. All the teachers and staff were amazing, they did nothing but helpful and caring towards me and my classmates. I am now graduated from high school. I have got to say that Mrs. Griswold was a huge part in my eduacation, if it weren't for her i would of never have gotten into reading. I absolutely loved that school , and i recommend it to any parent.

Rolando Park Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2009
i began attending Rolando Park elementary school in the year 1998. i am now a junior at Patrick Henry high school. i love this school and always have. i have many fond memories and i am always around to back it up. i enjoy visiting and seeing the school and the staff that are still there. whenever i get a chance, i love volunteering and being a part of my school. it was a great school and i am so fortunate that i got a chance to be a student. i will always represent my school and i will always love it!

Posted July 01, 2008
I was nothing but pleased with the education my daughter recieved this previous year. Mrs. Griswold began teaching her to enjoy school from the get go, with the patience of a saint she taught her reading, math, spelling and so much more. I can't say how pleased I am that my daughter had such a woderful teacher to begin her long process through the years to come. Thank you Mrs. Griswold I hope all the parents appreciate you as mush as we do.

Posted November 05, 2007
In all my years at Rolando Park, I have never been as dissatisfied as this year. The new principal is horrible. I tried to approach regarding some issues but she would not make herself available. Phone calls and emails are not returned. Yolanda Lewis is the worst thing that ever happened to Rolando Park. This district needs to pat better attention as to whom they place as principals.

Posted August 24, 2007
This is a great school. It is very roomy and homey there are a lot of nice people and their teachers are very resourceful. I would reccomend this school for every child thats going to a new school because it's sure rolando park will make it feel like home!

Rolando Park Elementary School 4

Rolando Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2005

Rolando Park Elementary School
6620 Marlowe Drive, San Diego, CA  92115
Last modified Rolando Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rolando Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top