Roosevelt International Middle School 5

Posted December 19, 2013
Roosevelt is doing pretty well. It has come up from an API score of 714 in 2009 to around 830 the last two years. Both of our children like it there and are getting A's in advanced placement IB courses, so it works for us. The school district does include some poorer neighborhoods, which unavoidably brings some problems, but the school is doing its best to help those kids and give them a chance to go on to a good program at SD Hi.

Posted July 31, 2013
Terrible school - moved to get my students into better district (both my children are GATE). Students must be self motivated or will fall through the cracks. Many disruptive and disrespectful students take away from those who want to learn. The positive programs within Primetime have been cut which leaves little going for this school.

Posted July 25, 2013
This school should not even get one star it is TERRIBLE. I went here for seventh and eighth grade. In seventh grade it was AMAZING. The principal, Dr. Garcia, was a great leader and really stepped up to the plate. But then the short stick was drawn...literally. The principal is unprofessional; he does not even act as if he cares about the parents, staff, or students, and does not care about anything or anyone else. He took out all sports EXCEPT for cheerleading and exercises control over the students by bribery. My friends who still attend that school tell me that he has fired most of the old staff (which was impeccable) and hired a new staff (which are the exact opposite). I am not sure what motivates this man, but it sure is not the well being of this school and the people in it. The teachers, however, are EXCELLENT and they devote themselves to helping students in any way possible. They go out of their way to help a student succeed, regardles of their race, talent, education level, and backgraound. Though the principal is not very supportive, this does not mean your child will not thrive- it all depends on the person.

Posted July 24, 2013
this school needs new administration!! hopefully they get a new principal that will actually return calls and emails

Posted June 29, 2013
this school is horrible...i have attended it for 3 years and this year was my last. It was horrible because the teachers are biased, kids are making out where ever you go, there are 3 pregnant girls, and its just crazy. the only people there that make it a good school are the 8th grade teachers.

Roosevelt International Middle School 2

Posted February 10, 2013
This was a great school but the current administration is uninspiring and ineffective. This used to boast one the best after school programs in the district and it has been replaced by something less than daycare. There are bright spots such as the top academic programs, cheer team and music program. However, these programs were mostly due to the work of the previous administration and staff that ran them. Such a shame to see a great school deteriorate because of the current leadership.

Posted February 06, 2013
This is my son's last year at this school and I think I am going to be probably the most happiest come promotion day. For the past 3 years, I've had nothing but problems with the Principal and several teachers regarding my son. I'm a very involved parent and my goal has always been to work with staff, teachers and administrators to ensure my son is receiving the education he is entitled too. For the first two years, I was only notified when my son was doing poorly in a class by a progress report. The teachers would fail a child without notifying the parents. There needs to be an administrative change at this school, it has been poorly ran for 3 years due to the current Principal. Roosevelt has not successful reached California's standards for the past 3 years, the whole time this new principal came on board. I'm just so glad I have 4 more months until we are done with this school! Please parents do your research before enrolling your child. The presentations they put on to get your child are great but the actual experience there is awful!

Roosevelt International Middle School 5

Posted January 04, 2013
I have to admit, this is a great school because I'm a great student. The world language program is divine while my seminar classes are interesting and enjoyable! (Seminar is the highest level, there's normal classes, gate or cluster, and then seminar.) I was even given the choice to take a high school level math class. In addition, the extra curricular programs are amazing! I am currently enrolled in Circle of Friends, ASB, and cheerleading. All these programs are free and so much fun! However, there are the bad kids and teachers that ruin it for everyone. I don't expect to get along with all my teachers but sometimes they're just unreasonable. Also, as mentioned earlier, the PDA enforcement is not strict so you do see a bit of it now and then. So if you're child is sheltered, I would recommend something else, perhaps private school?

Posted November 22, 2012
It's not a very good school. The curriculum is okay; could be better and the children are very disrespectful. The P.D.A code is horrible! Wherever you walk there's couples making out. I hate this school and I'm glad that it's my last year. Also, the principle made our school stupid and hired a lot of teachers that the students don't like. I wouldn't recommend this school. It was the worst 3 years of my life.

Roosevelt International Middle School 2

Posted June 04, 2012
My son has attended this school for 2 years. Being a parent and having open communication with the teachers and administrative staff are very important to me. I get none of that from the teachers. My son was doing poorly in school without my knowledge until the progress reports came home. I contacted the teachers via email and voicemails and had no response. The ones that would respond would email a couple weeks after I had sent mine with follow up emails. I have left messages for the attendance staff and principal through phone and email with no response. In my eyes the staff at this school is very lazy and clearly does not care about the education of their students. If you are a parent about to enroll your child, I would search for other options.

Roosevelt International Middle School
3366 Park Boulevard, San Diego, CA  92103
Last modified Roosevelt International Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt International Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews.