San Diego, CA

Ross Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2014
This school has not been able to engage my son. They have not followed the IEP he transitioned with to this school. They should not accept students with special needs if they cannot provide services .

Posted July 24, 2013
I went to this school and everybody is great my family has been going there for years and make lots of friends we are even friends with the whole school.

Posted June 04, 2013
It is a very nice school.My kid improved a lot in his english speaking.Thanks to Ross teachers for their cooperation.

Posted November 26, 2012
The school is much better than its ratings! Our son is starting his second year at Ross (4th grader) and we've been nothing less than thrilled by the support and education. He lived overseas for two years and needed additional help to catch up with his reading and writing skills. Within one year, he's accomplished much, and we credit the excellent leadership of the principle, the support staff, and the teachers. Our son is excelling, he's been introduced to students from a variety of cultures, and he's one happy kid at school - doesn't want to miss a day. That's worth a 10!

Posted May 10, 2011
Great school with excellent teachers and good staff. I appreciate there personal involvement/taking care of each student in studies and other activities.

Posted August 29, 2005
Very involved kindergarten teachers and pto. Music class once a week.

Ross Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2005
I did not have a great experience with this school. The teacher and staff were not very patient. My child was troubled, and the effort that was made to help him was very inefficient. Many staff members seemed frustrated. Not all children have the exact same learning style. He now attends a awesome school that is helping him learn to his full potential. The school did have great activites, such as music and art. I also believe that they did involve the parents in many activites

Posted April 27, 2005
Ross Elementary is a great neighborhood school! Ms. Green is an excellent, involved and passionate principal. She supports the staff, students and parents with her kind but firm discipline and caring nature. As an active parent volunteer I can say that she is open to new ideas and solutions when she can see the benefit to her kids - all 450 of them. Ross has some of the best staff in the district. Most are very supportive of our parent group and all look out for their kids. Ross is a very ethnically diverse school with no large majority or any race or religion. It's a largely harmonious community where kids are kids.

Posted February 06, 2004
My 4th grader is in a class of 32 students! I find that she doesn't get the best education with such a large class size.

Posted May 28, 2003
i was very impressed with the fact that my son's class was able to perform a play. They did really well with the guidence of their teacher. He's only in the first grade! Rm7. Great job!!!!!!!

Ross Elementary School
7470 Bagdad Street, San Diego, CA  92111
Last modified Ross Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ross Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top