Scripps Ranch High School 2

Posted November 19, 2014
The school and academics is great but the extra curricular activities such as sports was a let down when I witnesed it for myself that the unfairness, politics, and the little racisim that still exists amongst the students in this school. Aside from grades and gpa sports is a very big part of my child's life and is a big factor when colleges look at accepting a student. My review is based on two years of witnessing this unfairness and happened to wait an extra year to see if it was just coincidence. Big let down staff and students...

Scripps Ranch High School 1

Posted November 06, 2014
This school sucks go to another school cuz its better for you. go somewhere else that is better than this school

Posted April 02, 2014
My school is Scripps Ranch High School. It is an excellent high school I have ever seen!:)

Posted November 09, 2013
Scripps Ranch High School is amazing! The teachers and faculty are involved with the students, they're helpful, and they include ALL students in activities. The classes are challenging but teachers do offer tutoring almost every day (depending on the teacher) AND the teachers are friendly and understanding so if you do not understand a certain subject or you need extra help, there's afterschool tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school for an hour and that includes ALL subjects. Math, language, science, english, EVERYTHING. Scripps Ranch High is the best to go to!

Scripps Ranch High School 1

Posted May 01, 2013
WORST SCHOOL EVER! It is full of bullies and mean people. The teachers never teach and are so annoying. The so-called "Block Schedule" sucks. You have to sit in a class for 2 HOURS and do nothing. The school also doesn't have A/C and the heat barely works. In the morning, the classes are freezing cold and people usually fall asleep during class. Then during the afternoons people are sweating and the class smells really bad. The bathrooms at this school are nasty. They smell really bad and they don't even have paper towels. They have really cheap hand dryers that blow cool air and most of them are broken. And don't get me started on the rat problem. There are rats in the ceiling everywhere. They chew stuff up and are disgusting.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 13, 2012
This is an Awesome school! I l really do luv it here, at thsi school!

Posted August 12, 2012
Excellent school. I really don't know why so many people decide to leave Scripps or have there children not attend it in favor of a private school. Scripps is much closer to most of those parents and the school's scores and alumni rival that of many private schools. Maybe they don't like the kids that aren't native Scripps Ranch (which makes up a small minority of the population, but noticeable) and I tend to agree, but that's up to the district not the school. I give the school a 4.9 out of 5 if I could and would give a complete 5 if they would do the right thing and only let local kids go here.

Posted July 12, 2012
San Diego's Finest! This school is absolutely terrific. Teachers actually teach students and do a superb job of doing it. Moving from Minnesota was the hardest thing in my kids' lives and transferring from Champlin Park High was quite an adjustment. Students here are phenomenal and extremely intelligent (somewhere around 98% of kids go to college or something like that). My family moving from Brooklyn Park, Minnesota will always be difficult, but my kids totally enjoy this school and have made many life-long friends in the process.

Posted July 06, 2012
Beautiful campus and superb teachers make this school the one I sent all of my kids to, plus I convinced some neighbors and family members to send their kids as well! I was given with the choice of choice-in to this school or a Mira Mesa high school. I chose this school due to their phenomenal test averages (nearly everyone passed the CAHSEE). I will say though that I wish the school would only "cater" to people who actually live here.

Posted June 30, 2012
Memories in the making! Teachers are great (except for some science), but the staff (non-teaching) could have some imrovement. Principal not as good as the old one, doesn't let some people do things (like programs for children in Africa!). The arts could use some improvement. Going from the phenomenal marshall arts to scripps was like night and day, and not in a good way. Other than that, great school...no school is perfect but the other positives make up for it!!

Scripps Ranch High School
10410 Treena Street, San Diego, CA  92131
Last modified Scripps Ranch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scripps Ranch High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top